Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja (18130 Views)

Uber Driver Arrested For Selling Company's Car To Travel Abroad (photos / Nursing Mother Forgets 6-Month-Old Baby In Taxi, Driver Arrested / Driver Arrested While Urinating In A Bush, Charged To Court For Conspiracy. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Abdulazeez99: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
A 25-year-old taxi driver has been arrested for allegedly kidnapping 10 children in the nation's capital, Abuja, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that the driver identified as Kenneth Edet, was arraigned before a Grade I Area Court in Mpape, Abuja, on Wednesday.

He was charged with one count of kidnapping.

The Prosecution Counsel, Mr Edwin Ochayi, told the court that the case was reported at the Mpape Police Station on June 22.

The court was told that the suspect was apprehended at a burial ground in Mashafa by some villagers when they heard a sound coming from his car.

Ochayi said that during police investigation, the defendant could not give satisfactory answer as to where he was taking them to.

According to him, the offence contravened the provisions of Section 272 of the Penal Code.

The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The Judge, Salihu Ibrahim, however, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N300,000 with one surety each in like sum.

The judge adjourned the case until July 24 for hearing, pending when the defendant meets his bail conditions.

http://igberetvnews.com/800008/taxi-driver-arrested-for-kidnapping-10-children-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by adem30: 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
If he was not apprehended, Fulani herdsmen would have be the suspect

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
why is that demon still breathing....?!
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by trendymarseey(f): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
hmmmn
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by PopeFlatino(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
sad
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by oluwasegun007(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
Insecurity in this country is alarming...

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by davillian(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
You have a taxi job and still young just 25 yrs.
I tire
I just tire.

5 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Muyiwaipere(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Uhmm
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Authoreety: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
Police should conclude first o.. cos ten children at once is too much o

Mother's of these days are also careless... gone are the days of "sweet mother, I no go forget you" when women protected their kids like mother hen sad

5 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by CANlBUS(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
Careless mothers,WOMEN ARE RETARDED AS Bleep

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Mrdeuteron(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
Wickedness
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Lifestone(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
adem30:
Family member of Oshinbajo spotted

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by luminouz(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
As in....TEN FVVKING KIDS??

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by aspirebig: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hmmm

Can they just delete the man?

Evans is still enjoying adjournment since how long now...Please investigate the man well, if found guilty, just kill him.
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by adoyi8: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
I remember the first time I heard about Boko Haram. We were watching the News on CNN with my Siblings in 2009 when we saw a breaking news on Nigeria were some boys attacked a police station with sticks and other crude weapons in Maiduguri. We all thought that it was just a minor incidents but now ten years later Nigerian is still trying to fight them. Now my fear is that this Kidnapping may not stop anytime soon in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by ValCon888: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
adem30:
How many fulani herdsmen have you seen in court?

6 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Ooye12: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
Criminal offense case in Nigeria are just too much dis days embarassed
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Ooye12: 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Criminal case in Nigeria are just too much dis days embarassed
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by MXD5050: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
When parents fail to take parenting as their top priority then there eyes would not be on their children there by giving irresponsible adults room to abuse the right of children because parents rather chase after career than to protect the life of their children. The primary role of every child owner should be how to protect the right of your children career and family up keep should be secondary if you really understand what parenting truly is and what it takes to be a mother father uncle or aunty.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by DelilahMakinde(f): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Odindi omo'lomo Mewa

Oloriburuku taxi driver.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by onecornerboy(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
adem30:
bros its a culture in nigeria to look for who to blame
if it not this one it will be that one

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by nairalee(m): 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Evans: I'm the biggest kidnapper in the country

Taxi Driver: Hold my beer
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by nairalee(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
He prolly wanted to start an orphanage business
Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by nephemmy(m): 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
1 child = 10 years in prison fc

10 children = 100 years in prison fc I.e you'll die in jail Nigg

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by unapologetic147: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
adem30:
slave

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Inflammatory: 1:34am On Jun 27, 2019
adem30:
That's what I have been saying that one of the mods accused me of being tribalistic. Any death is perpetrated by Fulani. Any little fracas between town people, a revenge is on any available Fulani people around even without proper investigation. The funny thing is if the so call Fulanis unleash their dragon to our southern counterpart staying in the North, we will know the scores in relation to the microscopic few we are attacking here.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Arrested For Kidnapping 10 Children In Abuja by Xisnin(m): 2:13am On Jun 27, 2019
Inflammatory:

That's what I have been saying that one of the mods accused me of being tribalistic. Any death is perpetrated by Fulani. Any little fracas between town people, a revenge is on any available Fulani people around even without proper investigation. The funny thing is if the so call Fulanis unleash their dragon to our southern counterpart staying in the North, we will know the scores in relation to the microscopic few we are attacking here.
You are just a coward.
Even kids can identify herdsmen.
Recently, some government workers were attacked on the highway but
some fools were asking the victims how they knew it was herdsmen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immigration Arrests 2 Niger Nationals With Pistols, Computers, Phone At Katsina / Kidnappers, Ritualists’ Den Discovered Beside Ondo Assembly / Father Of Priscilla Ojong: My Daughter Is Still Missing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.