Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Please Advice On This Matter - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advice On This Matter (536 Views)

I Am Considering Buying This Car As My First Car. Please Advice. / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / Please Advice Me Between Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
A lot of my friends have called me names today . They believe I allowed sentiment to override what business ought to be. Recently I advertised a 2012 Toyota avensis on my thread for 2.7million. Suddenly I got a buyer who viewed the advert and contacted me. He priced 1.8m but the owner insist on 2.4million. We agreed that he was gonna give me 100k if I help negotiate it down to 1.9m , again all my effort proved abortive as the owner is adamant according to my friend who sent me the car pic to advertise. A few days later, the man called me to pls give him my friends number so that he can talk it over with him. He assured me that our settlement won't be any issue and that he is a Christian ...he won't cheat us. Out of trust I gave him cos I have nothing to hide. He called my friend and both of them arranged meeting at his office at Victoria island. He was able to find out I was honest with him

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by Asquare84(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
So you are part of people that inflate price of cars

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
Few days later my friend called me that he has linked the buyer and the owner ...I became suspicious of that arrangement but the buyer assured me that I have nothing to worry. I became angry with my friend because once such arrangement is achieved, the one that brought the seller is sidelined. What kept me trusting the buyer was his constantly telling me he is a Christian and won't cheat on us..Today I got a call from my friend that the man has paid 2.million 50k for the car and I now asked him what is our cut on the payment .....he told me that owner said since the buyer I brought didn't meet up his target, that he has nothing for us. I decided to contact the buyer cos he never informed me that he was gonna pay today. To my greatest surprise he told me, that he will send us recharge card money....after sending him a message expressing my anger over the way he treated me, he demanded for my account number and he said he can only send me 10k

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Pls I have attached my discussion with him this E venning . However some of my friends are blaming me for rejecting the 10k but my spirit doesn't accept such offer. I feel betrayed by both parties ..but I have learnt a bitter lesson today. This lesson will guide me in future dealings.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
Asquare84:
So you are part of people that inflate price of cars

In what way? Listen I am very honest seller. Nobody that have encountered me that will go disappointed. Sometimes my honesty is taken for granted. I don't inflate price . All I do is to tell you owner price and what I added for myself if owner says I should add mine. When owner is settling me , I just give you owners price straight
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by johnmartus(m): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
Advice you on what exactly. How much you invest on this car that you expecting huge profit? Common" and do something better for your life.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
johnmartus:
Advice you on what exactly. How much you invest on this car that you expecting huge profit? Common" and do something better for your life.

Listen bro this is what I do for a living . I pay rents I have family to feed. I don't dabble into people's source of income. You won't understand the Risk dealers take untill you become one. Sometimes we pay dearly for selling car that we got from people who lied to us that they are real owners. That time 100k won't get you out of trouble. Like I said we learn everyday...is none of your business how much I make....we should respect agreement...

7 Likes

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by slimzy28(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
You have done well by rejecting the 10k cos it wasn't the agreement you made with the buyer

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by dangervu(m): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
honestly 100k is too much and thats one of the major problems with dealers at berger....sometimes that seller is running at lost and a middle man still insists on chopping 100 to 150k
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
dangervu:
honestly 100k is too much and thats one of the major problems with dealers at berger....sometimes that seller is running at lost and a middle man still insists on chopping 100 to 150k

The main issue is not even 100k. I felt if you can't afford 100k will 10k be the right compensation for a car you bought 2million 50k?...10k doesn't worth all the trouble. I don't just sell any how car. I do lots of due diligence....I move around with my car to investigate before I post any advert here to ensure everything goes well. I am not greedy ...I have earned 10k in a deal before but everything have to be agreed...I believe people should respect agreement ...whether gentleman or other wise.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by Lelepeautos(m): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Bro! Shit happens embarassed.Sorry about that.... Next tym collect the 10k and blast the parties involved... Move on! God dey
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lelepeautos:
Bro! Shit happens embarassed.Sorry about that.... Next tym collect the 10k and blast the parties involved... Move on! God dey

Thanks for the advice I do appreciate this ...I have learnt my lesson

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice On This Matter by johnmartus(m): 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
God bless your hustle.
greggng:

Listen bro this is what I do for a living . I pay rents I have family to feed. I don't dabble into people's source of income. You won't understand the Risk dealers take untill you become one. Sometimes we pay dearly for selling car that we got from people who lied to us that they are real owners. That time 100k won't get you out of trouble. Like I said we learn everyday...is none of your business how much I make....we should respect agreement...
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by greggng: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
johnmartus:
God bless your hustle.

Thank you ...I do appreciate
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by keycash: 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
Bro take that 10k and move on .. I don link more 4 buyer with seller this year and almost them change am after they seal d deal bro life goes on
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by Lelepeautos(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2019
keycash:
Bro take that 10k and move on .. I don link more 4 buyer with seller this year and almost them change am after they seal d deal bro life goes on

Hmmm..
Same here!
You go dey hear; I don't know you! Na u buy car for me?
No be my car? I can decide!
Las las...#1k recharge card, #2.5k ha! God dey grin
Re: Please Advice On This Matter by Lelepeautos(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2019
greggng:

Thanks for the advice I do appreciate this ...I have learnt my lesson

Uw!

(1) (Reply)

No Longer Available / Distress! / SOLD!!! Just See This Extra Clean 2001 Used Lexus RX 300 Clean Like Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.