Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Lekki Residents Petition IG As AMCON Storm Victory Park Estate With Thugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Residents Petition IG As AMCON Storm Victory Park Estate With Thugs (565 Views)

Alaba Traders Receiving Treatments After Clash With Thugs / #ENDSARS: Lekki Residents Defy Heavy Downpour, Continue Their Protest (VIDEO) / Lekki Residents Thank Vice President, Presidency Etc For Helping To Fight Crime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Residents Petition IG As AMCON Storm Victory Park Estate With Thugs by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2019

in a new develpoment, one of the homeowners identified as Mumini Shitu, whose house was locked and taken over by the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) has said that Lanre Olaoluwa, AMCON Receiver Manager took possession of his house with wrong court order.

Shitu claimed that AMCON Receiver General is using the power of the court to settle personal issue. He also mentioned that the house listed by the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, was the one belonging to the Awosedo family, which his house and some others are not part of because he has obtained Lagos State Government consent.

He also stated that his life is under attack while insisting that the Receiver Manager is acting outside the purview of the law.

“I am not the debtor (Awosedo could be) and I have a perfected title to my property (Governor's consent). The receiver has made my issue personal and has disregarded all applicable law, he has expressed to me that he will make me suffer and made good on that threat by kicking me and family out into the street.

“AMCON Reciever Lanre Olaoluwa uses thugs to invade Victory Park Estates to kick innocent families out of their property without court order. People with perfected title with Lagos State consent are under attack, the receiver manager is illegally using a Federal High Court Judgment against a debtor to evict innocent residents out of their hard earned property.”

“Today, he came with overwhelming force mostly area boys to kick me and my family out of our house in Victory Park estate. They broke my door down and evacuated some my property in the full glare of everyone in the estate, they came with a federal high court order against the Awosedo Family (not me) and are applying that to me.”

Below is the petition written to the IG

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/lekki-residents-petition-ig-as-amcon.html?m=1

Re: Lekki Residents Petition IG As AMCON Storm Victory Park Estate With Thugs by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Re: Lekki Residents Petition IG As AMCON Storm Victory Park Estate With Thugs by VpealLagos: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
THIS GREATEST CORPORATE FRAUD BY BANKS, AWOSEDO'S AND AMCON.

I am a lawyer by training and also practice law to a large extent. I am married to an equally well educated woman. So I am what you may term a medium income class person if am not over exaggerating my financial status. I live in Victory Park Estate sitting on about 33 Hectares of land located in Osapa London somewhere on the Lekki Epe Expressway axis with over 300 other medium class people who are also very well educated.

As far back from 2003 some of us started buying into Victory Park Estate land to develop our houses after doing our due legal diligence and finding at Lagos State Land registry that the title to the land that is in the name of Knight Rook Limited was free from any encumbrance. For those of you that are not lawyers, a title of land being free from encumbrances means that the title is good, there is no mortgage, pledge, charge etc that had been obtained against it by any financial institution or any other company.

From 2003 or there about till about June 2017 the present Homeowners in the estate continued to buy into the estate and also developed, living in the estate without molestation by anyone, either Government or otherwise, paying their Land Use Charge to Lagos State annually after having our various titles to our properties registered.

To our amazement in June 2017 to be precise we all woke up to see a publication that Knight Rook Limited the owner of the global C of O over Victory Park Estate {a C of O by the way means certificate of occupancy, a title issued to land by the State government or any government } is in Receivership with other companies over a loan one of the companies Grant Properties Limited allegedly took from Sterling Bank, Skye bank now Polaris bank, Wema bank and I think FCMB and used Knight Rook Limited with its shares as security that the companies have defaulted in paying.

And the said loan now an Eligible bank assets was subsequently sold to AMCON maybe in 2011 or 2012. So it was AMCON that went to court to put the companies in Receivership.

We later learned following the suit filed by AMCON that the shareholders of Knight Rook Limited as security for the facility have transferred their shares to the nominees of the banks and have resigned their positions as directors in Knight Rook Limited so have no right to continue to act as directors of Knight Rook Limited though these people, the Awosedo's family who owned the companies continued to act to the knowledge of the banks as we later found out and the banks never stopped them from acting despite not being directors of Knight Rook Limited anymore which according to them change to that was effected at the Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja.

Anyway, despite the removal of the Awosedo's from Knight Rook Limited an agreement was entered by the banks with the other company of the Awosedo's Grant Properties Limited to market and sell all the land in Victory Park Estate and remit sales proceeds to the banks which to the knowledge or active collaboration by these banks the Awosedo's again defaulted without the banks or AMCON doing anything even after they purchased the asset. This agreement between the banks and the Awosedo's companies was made in 2006. So from 2006 until AMCON publication of putting the companies in Receivership, the members of the public were misled by the Awosedo's, the banks and AMCON to believe that the Awosedo's have a right to the land in Victory Park estate held in the name of Knight Rook Limited.

Present position: with the Receivership by AMCON of Knight Rook Limited and by virtue assets of Knight Rook Limited, AMCON is now laying claim to all the land in Victory Park Estate whether already sold and developed years ago or not and have continued to harass innocent bonafide purchasers without notice of their interest. They have filed several suits against the Awosedo's companies in court where by some magic since the companies are in Receivership, Knight Rook Limited admitted in court that it is indebted to AMCON and a consent judgment was made in that regard against Knight Rook Limited. These suits were filed by AMCON without joining any of the Homeowners in any of the suits but have turned around to use the judgment in those suits to takeover the properties of Homeowners in the estate.

Before we the Homeowners are crucified, please be informed that on being aware of the suits and the attempt of the Receiver Manager appointed by the court on behalf of AMCON, we have taken steps to go through due legal process to challenge the right of AMCON to interfere with our possessions but I can tell you like it has been known with our courts for 18 months that we are in court nothing has been done and AMCON and its RM have continued to make life unbearable for us as they are not only taking over unoccupied and undeveloped properties but even the ones in occupation the people are been forced out by the use of thugs and Police. Two families were forced out of their houses this week and their properties sealed by court officials acting on these judgments obtained against the Awosedo's companies. As I am speaking I don't know whether I will be able to spend another night in my house unless I waive my right and now go begging (not negotiating) to be allowed to pay some money to AMCON. Apart from court, we have written petition letters to the Presidency, the Inspector General of Police office, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and even the board and management of AMCON, yet no respite.

The most shocking of it all that we learned was that the Inspector General of Police and the Presidency actually approved the actions of AMCON against us innocent law abiding people who never took any loan from any bank to buy property in Victory Park Estate. The Awosedo's, the banks and even AMCON officials who committed and orchestrated this fraud on our economy and us are left to enjoy their loot whilst we suffer for what? I know that some of you that will be reading this post like every other Nigerian that is not happy to see his fellow citizen progress in life will say it serves us right. But really what is it that serves us right? What other precautions known in law should we have taken that we did not take from my narrative so far? And I can tell you this story is short of any bias.

Yesterday when I saw the two families that were thrown out with wives and children, as much as I am lawyer, I lost faith in our Judiciary and this government that some of us voted. It even grieved my heart the more to learn that some of us have actually called the Vice president on one on one basis to investigate if our story is made up or there is truth in it but nothing so far since 2017. All I am told is that they are interested in is the recovery of alleged bank monies in the hands of those who took loans and defaulted. My take is how did we fall into this category?

PITY ME NOT BUT CRY FOR MY ONCE BELOVED COUNTRY. Last night a family after seeing this has decided that between now and weekend he is relocating from the country. He has American passport. How many of us can make such move on the spur but I can tell you a lot are doing so today. And these are genuine hardworking Nigerians who actually thought by being here they can make some positive difference.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Bulb-like Camera To Monitor Your Home And Office / What Happened On 11 September 2001 In America Soil? / Custom Officers Allegedly Kill Man In Ibadan (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.