Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Biggie Smalls’ Childhood Home Is Up For Rent For $4K A Month - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Biggie Smalls’ Childhood Home Is Up For Rent For $4K A Month (545 Views)

How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / I Need A Room I Can Pay Monthly Rent For In Lagos Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biggie Smalls’ Childhood Home Is Up For Rent For $4K A Month by Sachiopropty(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
The iconic rapper, otherwise known as The Notorious B.I.G., grew up in the ‘one-room shack’ in Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill.

Classic rap fans have a chance to relive their young fan dreams — the home where The Notorious B.I.G. grew up was just listed as a $4,000-a-month rental.

As first reported by Curbed, Compass agents Fabienne Lecole and Grant Fodiman listed the 972-square-foot Brooklyn, New York, apartment where rapper Christopher Wallace, more commonly known as The Notorious B.I.G., or even Biggie Smalls, spent the early years of his life as a rental.

The house is located at 226 Saint James Place in Brooklyn’s Clinton Hill — the same part of the street was recently given the alternate name of “Christopher Wallace Way” in honor of the rapper. Wallace has even referred to the apartment as a “one-room shack” in his song “Juicy.”

But in 2019, the apartment is far from a shack — it has three bedrooms, one bathroom, high ceilings, hardwood floors and some office space. The four-story pre-war building in which the apartment is located also has a common roof deck, a garden and a barbecue area. Pets, however, are not allowed.

The unit is an iconic historical gem as it served as the childhood home of the most famous rapper of all-time, Notorious B.I.G.,” Lecole told Inman. “It was recently renovated to provide modern conveniences while keeping its distinct and gorgeous pre-war details.”
Wallace, who was born and raised in Brooklyn, rose to fame during the East Coast/West Coast hip hop wars of the 1990s. His music is considered a classic of the rap genre. After Wallace was killed in a drive-by shooting in 1997, the album released two weeks later rose to first place on numerous albums charts.

Still, a lot has changed in Clinton Hill since Wallace lived in the neighborhood and drew inspiration from growing up in what was once a rough part of Brooklyn, these days the median home listed in Clinton Hill costs $770,000.

“It is undeniable that when you hear the story of Brooklyn, that we have a story that no other city in the world has: It is a story of triumph,” New York Council member Laurie Cumbo said at an event celebrating the naming of the street. “During the time that Biggie created masterpieces, this neighborhood was red-lined. People didn’t want to live here. People moved out of the neighborhood. They had left us to die.”

http://sachiong.com/biggie-smalls-childhood-home-is-up-for-rent-for-4k-a-month/

1 Share

Re: Biggie Smalls’ Childhood Home Is Up For Rent For $4K A Month by Sachiopropty(m): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
Happy New Month
I give thanks for This Month Of September it is a Month of our Amazing Good Fortune.

Miracle upon Miracle shall follow us and signs and wonder shall not Cease

We give thanks For our real estate business, for it is a wonderful business in a wonderful way and we give a wonderful service's for a wonderful Pay.

Happy New Month

(1) (Reply)

Used Set Of Furnitures Available For Sale / Land For Sale,Cash Urgently Needed To Save A Life. / For All Your Housing Requests; Brimstone Real Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.