Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer (35247 Views)

Final Burial Of Late Singer, Osinachi Holds Today (pix/video) / Timaya's Daughter Seizes His Key For Coming Back Late. Singer Shares Video / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2019
saw her songs on tv then as a little child.i doubt if any member of the indomie generation will know who she is.its a pity we hardly keep records in dis kuntry.

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by JastSiryin(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2019
tactius:
First time I saw this woman's music video was sometime in the very early 1990's. Impression i had was of one wild looking woman...who probably smoked heavily, and drank and was very weird. (Funny thoughts of an 11 year old).

I remember when several years later it was announced she had lung cancer...and then she passed on in South Africa. It was mentioned in the obits that she was a non-smoker...

Never judge a book by its cover.

Good to see some of our old stars back in the limelight. I doubt anyone below the age of 35 remembers her now.....
Well I'm below 30 in fact, but I still remember her. But it's strange I didn't know who she was until I saw the bald headed photo. I very much remember when she died.
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2019
ghettochild:
I think charlie should gather the likes of simi,tiwa, and maybe m.I and do remix of her song... Esp the one she that's goes like this... I don't know I don't why... Asiko lo laye.. Ara mi e ma she whole...asiko and the dancing in the sun track...
Its the only way he can really give her a befitting memory
gbam!
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by blowjohn(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2019
martineverest:
'asiko to la yé, orèmi e má ṣiṣẹ ọlẹ...asikooo'...she was a beautiful woman.breast cancer took her a way.

i once thought she was white

Jeez. She's the one that sang that?
Wow! That song was fantastic mehn.
NTA Ibadan and because Ibadan use to show it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Mryacks: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2019
Tats:
Some of her "Black on Black" lyrics sang in 1991 are still very true today. How sad.

"How many years that Africa has been free,
take a look around you and see,
Brothers killing brothers,
Children fighting wars,
starvation and poverty are still knocking at our doors,........"

Ash! I remember the video of this watching as a kid then...think the late JT Tom West was on it

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Ugwuoke347(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chimilito:
I remember her role as an iron lady in that Ijekpoms movie. I've forgotten the title

That was 'Evil Passion'.

She was a great actress too!

She was believed in those days to be the biological mother of that girl who played the role of Mimi in 'Fatal Desire'.

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Ishilove: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
naptu2:

This brought back so many memories kiss

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Born2Breed(f): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
African Oyinbo... Keep resting in peace fine lady.
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by martineverest(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
blowjohn:

Jeez. She's the one that sang that?
Wow! That song was fantastic mehn.
NTA Ibadan and because Ibadan use to show it.
yes...that was her last major single B4 she got cancer
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Onyenna(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
tactius:
First time I saw this woman's music video was sometime in the very early 1990's. Impression i had was of one wild looking woman...who probably smoked heavily, and drank and was very weird. (Funny thoughts of an 11 year old).

I remember when several years later it was announced she had lung cancer...and then she passed on in South Africa. It was mentioned in the obits that she was a non-smoker...

Good to see some of our old stars back in the limelight. I doubt anyone below the age of 35 remembers her now.....

You're so right on this..... I'm just hearing about her for the very first time.....
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
I still remember her song sha Asiko lolaye which sound cautionary when we try to drown ourself with Sir Shina Peters 777 is a number or KSA ta lo wa ninu ogba yen....omo kekere nan ni
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=79708781][/quote]
Thanks for sharing this link. I have been looking for this song.
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
I watched and listened to this woman's songs while growing up. The woman fair no be small.
RIP to this legend.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by blowjohn(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
martineverest:
yes...that was her last major single B4 she got cancer

Wow. Actually tot she was from another African country o.
Now that I think of it, I think she reminds me of Lady Gaga.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
tactius:

I know her and I am below 35 years of age. She died in 1997 or 1998. I could remember how her friends in the industry were calling for people to support when she had cancer.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Dreew(f): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
"Asiko lo laye"

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Mopolchi: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Asiko lo laye

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thread for elders. grin

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by wellfedwriter(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
I heard the name Tyna owundiwe from a track by mode 9 cry, dedicated to true legends...Fela Art Alade, je solo, etc However, Tyna Owudiwe strike like a bell with the Africa oyibo nickname.
I did lots of research using YouTube and Google.
Guess what...
It was love at every single note and words when listening to her songs.
Didn't know she had a big impact on area father.
Someone on this thread, gave a word on mable about sowing good seed and karma.
I think mode mesan ( come nine times) have been good with it.

I got to know about junior and pretty, am Scott Tina Owudiwe Africa oyibo through that song cry...
Here's the truth.

Immortality is within everyone of us...my question to you today is...will you reach for it.
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
lefulefu:
saw her songs on tv then as a little child.i doubt if any member of the indomie generation will know who she is.its a pity we hardly keep records in dis kuntry.
YouTube
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Nigerfine2: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
Rest on great lady...her tracks can still pass test of time today.
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by mightyhaze: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chimilito:
I remember her role as an iron lady in that Ijekpoms movie. I've forgotten the title
evil passion... “adamma ,ife di oku ga aju oyi,...ebezina,obu gini ka mma emelu gi,.....obu limousine? ka obu lexus?..” grin

late mike ori ihedimma wrote and directed that great movie,...

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by 151487made(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
martineverest:
'asiko to la yé, orèmi e má ṣiṣẹ ọlẹ...asikooo'...she was a beautiful woman.breast cancer took her a way.

i once thought she was white
Whr can i download dis song i love this song like mad

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
151487made:
Whr can i download dis song i love this song like mad

Search for YouTube Downloader and then download the video on the 3rd post of this thread

(The actual name of the song is Black On Black).

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
I wish I had the actual videos of these songs. I want the videos because I want people to see the clothes that they wore.

Tyna was also a fashion designer and she made all the clothes that were worn in her videos and she also made a lot of the clothes that were worn in Charly Boy's early videos.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by joseph1832(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Wow shocked Tyna Onwudiwe AKA Africa Oyibo. Men this world was something else.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by joseph1832(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:
And after the rent expired.......... He refused to pay other rents going forward, frustrating the landlord.............
how did you know this bros?
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Lexusgs430: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
joseph1832:

Was serious news in Gbagada at the time nah.........
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by Lexusgs430: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
joseph1832:

When area fada no gree pay rent for years, the landlord eventually sold the building to a bank...........
Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by naptu2: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
joseph1832:
Wow shocked Tyna Onwudiwe AKA Africa Oyibo. Men this world was something else.

grin I wanted to tag you but I didn't know your moniker.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by joseph1832(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2019
naptu2:

grin I wanted to tag you but I didn't know your moniker.
Lol. Don't mind me. This moniker is here to stay now. No ban shall befall this moniker from now till the end of time, in Jesus name, amen. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Remembers Tyna Onwudiwe, Pays Tribute To Late Singer by joseph1832(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

When area fada no gree pay rent for years, the landlord eventually sold the building to a bank...........
Wow. Why didn't the landlord take him to court?
Lexusgs430:

Was serious news in Gbagada at the time nah.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Performs Alongside 50Cent At Madison Square Graden / Pete Edochie Replies Sugabelly Lotanna Odunze Who Said He's A Bad Actor / Kerry Washington Wishes Uzo Aduba 'happy Birthday' In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.