Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,831 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:34 AM

Help A Nairalander Make A Decision - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help A Nairalander Make A Decision (521 Views)

I Got Duped By A Nairalander / MODIFIED... Glad i didnt take this decision / From Unemployed To Millionaire..a Nairalander Changed His Fortune By Creativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Op80: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2019
Hello fellow forumites, help me make a decision.
I have been selected for N-tech software program of the federal government, waiting for verification and training. Being that i am working in one of the food companies in Lagos but underpaid when my qualification is put into consideration, and that I am working in a very toxic environment, I am considering resignation to take on the software training. I believe it is a necessary skill I need to boost my career and enable me diversify. Few friends I have told about it have diverse opinions, while some are skeptical about leaving the job due to scarcity of jobs in Nigeria, some are encouraging me to go on.

Now, I am confused on what to do, I need your sincere advice on what to do.

Thank you in advance
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2019
If u can do both, fine!

If you cannot, then just try and do both. 99.99% of beneficiaries on NPower have other side hustle
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Op80: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
1984och:
If u can do both, fine!

If you cannot, then just try and do both. 99.99% of beneficiaries on NPower have other side hustle

The three months training will require I take 3monhs off from my present job and location
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Op80:

The three months training will require I take 3monhs off from my present job and location

Follow your heart. Don't look at the present. Look at the future.

If going to learn the software will keep you self employed, happy and fulfilled in the long run, then resign.......but not until it's sure you're starting the training. Government can change anytime.

If the company you're now is not actually the career you hope to chase, then resign. All in all, don't resign till you're onboarded and enrolled in NPower.
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Op80: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
1984och:

Follow your heart. Don't look at the present. Look at the future.

If going to learn the software will keep you self employed, happy and fulfilled in the long run, then resign.......but not until it's sure you're starting the training. Government can change anytime.

If the company you're now is not actually the career you hope to chase, then resign. All in all, don't resign till you're onboarded and enrolled in NPower.

Thank you for your advice
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Prec1ous(m): 4:19am On Feb 17, 2020
Op80:
Hello fellow forumites, help me make a decision.
I have been selected for N-tech software program of the federal government, waiting for verification and training. Being that i am working in one of the food companies in Lagos but underpaid when my qualification is put into consideration, and that I am working in a very toxic environment, I am considering resignation to take on the software training. I believe it is a necessary skill I need to boost my career and enable me diversify. Few friends I have told about it have diverse opinions, while some are skeptical about leaving the job due to scarcity of jobs in Nigeria, some are encouraging me to go on.

Now, I am confused on what to do, I need your sincere advice on what to do.

Thank you in advance

Did you later go for the n-tech or you stuck to the job? What happened?
Re: Help A Nairalander Make A Decision by Op80: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2020
Prec1ous:

Did you later go for the n-tech or you stuck to the job? What happened?

Don't mind the fraudst called NPower. I didn't get notice for the training,so I emailed them asking why only to be told that not everyone who passed the test got invite to the training. You can imagine the stupid country. I am stuck to my job

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Airport Job / Better App To Make All Bitcoin Transactions Safe And Fast / My Digital Marketing Success Story! Tap Into It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.