Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (126937 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
famzynet:
Hello crushsugar, how is the covid 19 fight in your area? It must really be overwhelming. Does your hospital provide you with the necessary protective gears? Are you satisfied with them?
How is your family ,especially your hubby coping with the reality in UK as compared to Nigeria where the cases are still comparatively few?
I just want to hear from you. It's quite long you chatted with your fans and followers.

Thank you so much.
My hospital has been providing protective equipments and yo a satisfactory level.
Generally in the UK, there have been shortage of PPE but they somehow just sort it out.
We are coping o. Staying at home most of the time.
If we have to go out, people avoid each other along the road.
Thanks for checking up on me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
estherton:
@ crushsugar and other gurus in the house, please did you at any point during the nmc UK online registration required to update your nursing License, am kind of confused as to whether to upload general Nursing certificate or Notification of registration.

please help out!
Just follow instructions, if they say certificate please upload certificate.
I don't see why you need to update your license at this point.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
yugotee:
Please your advice is urgently needed:

I am a double qualified Nurse RN and RPN ready to migrate to UK. My Nursing experience however, has been in general nursing. I intend pursuing Psychiatric nursing with my qualifications but have limited years of experience. In the NMC registration for CBT exams should I opt for the Mental Health or Adult/General Nursing.

What is the flow for Mental Health CBT as well as Adult Nursing CBT? I would appreciate if I can get study materials for both so as to make up my mind asap. Please send the cbt study materials to yugoberryt@gmail.com. Thank you..

Most employers don't mind your experience at this time.
I don't have current cbt materials. Please check mentor Merlin online . I used Envertiz app also. You should find stuffs there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
DrLuv:
hi all,
I am very sorry if i appear to derail your thread with a rather bizzarre inquiries of mine.

I heard there is a form of accelerared nursing programme in the UK for those with a Bsc.

I have not been able to get hold of some valid information about this.the little information i have is that if one has a BSc, one can apply for a MSc in nursing making one eligible to be registered withNMC.

unfortunately I do not have anymore information about this pathway.I would not know if anyone on this platform can help me with this info or there is some1 somewhere who took or is on this route to get registered with NMC or there is any Thread to this respect.

please I tender my apology once again for this derailing inquiries.

Many thanks
I have seen one somewhere.
I would share it whenever I find it again.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
Hello my people, thanks for checking up on me.
I just been busy with studies and losts of changes at work.
Please stay safe.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
crushsugar:

Did you check online?
I really don't know how physiology works.
Thanks
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by budaatum: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
You are valued by one who has had to rely on your service.

7 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Arhmiee(f): 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
DrLuv:
hi all,
I am very sorry if i appear to derail your thread with a rather bizzarre inquiries of mine.

I heard there is a form of accelerared nursing programme in the UK for those with a Bsc.

I have not been able to get hold of some valid information about this.the little information i have is that if one has a BSc, one can apply for a MSc in nursing making one eligible to be registered withNMC.

unfortunately I do not have anymore information about this pathway.I would not know if anyone on this platform can help me with this info or there is some1 somewhere who took or is on this route to get registered with NMC or there is any Thread to this respect.

please I tender my apology once again for this derailing inquiries.

Many thanks

Search for "Msc Adult nursing Uk" on Google, you will see results of different schools offering the program. It's a pre-registration nursing program. Most schools take people from any disciple but having a 2.1 and above is needed unless u have work experience in a healthcare setting then 2.2 may be accepted.
I hope this helps.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 28, 2020
Op, I just graduated from Anatomy in Nigeria, going to start NYSC this fall, I Would love to work in the UK or Finland, How would u advise to work into moving to the UK as a medical line professional with a Bsc in Anatomy.

Secondly, I'm no 2. Of Five children I've sent msgs & clues to my parents of moving & working outside d country cos I don't like Nigeria where I'm not valued and the economy here is frustrating, buh that doesn't seem like happening how do I fund my travel out like how much do I need for a permanent residency or work permit?? 4 million or what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2020
How do I save money if I intend to move out to the UK. I also heard that the taxes are so high if u are earning let's say £40,000 a month by the time they are through with taxes u take home fund is average of £3,000, can u confirm that?

Op how do u build a house or at least buy a house in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2020
how can a 40k salry be taxed to just 3k?

Heathrow44:
How do I save money if I intend to move out to the UK. I also heard that the taxes are so high if u are earning let's say £40,000 a month by the time they are through with taxes u take home fund is average of £3,000, can u confirm that?

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by DrLuv: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
STENON:
Yes, very true. But at MSc level and it's for 2 years.

Check this out https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/courses/details/index.php/P02885/Nursing_Studies_Adult_Pre_registration_?utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=courselisting
yea.Thank you
I have seen the link before.
just wondering if some1 has first hand experience with this pathway

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by DrLuv: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
crushsugar:
I have seen one somewhere. I would share it whenever I find it again.
thank you
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Iruosonobrugwhe post=88943153]how can a 40k salry be taxed to just 3k?

[/quote[quote author=Iruosonobrugwhe post=88943153]how can a 40k salry be taxed to just 3k?

That's y I asked 4 confirmation cos idk buh I hear that they tax heavily that more than half of your income is cut off. Earning £20,000 a month , after tax u may weild up with roughly £3,000 to use in a month, that many taxes are compulsory like the TV license for the BBC etc.. Crush sugary can u confirm this?�[color=#770077][/color] grin
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by deleson: 7:52pm On May 01, 2020
Hello

A big thank you to crushsugar and everyone who’s contributed to this thread. I’ve got a few questions;

1. What’s the average cost to finance this process from start to finish ( IELTS.CBT...etc).

2. Is there any need for proof of funds or bank deposit before one can be issued employment and visa?

3. Is one bonded to work for the recruiting agency for a number of months/years? If no, how do they make their money of the nurse?

4. Is it advisable for a newly wed to relocate with her spouse?

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Claudia00: 9:31pm On May 01, 2020
crushsugar:
ok, thanks for replying me. I have more questions please!
1. Since I can't use my 18months postbasic nursing certificate,how do I get an agency that recruit midwives?
2.Or can I work as a nurse after registering as a midwife?
3. What are the chances of midwives getting a job or been recruited?
Please I would like you to explain the aspects of a midwife. Thanks

You can apply on the register as a midwife

What about midwives with 18months postbasic nursing certificate, can they as well apply as a nurse?

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Yemisih(f): 10:35pm On May 01, 2020
1 IELTS. 75k
Cbt. 83£ or abt 40k
Nmc UK application fee. 140£
Nmcn verification fee 17500
Nmc UK registration fee 153£
2. No nid for proof of funds,once u secure a job ur employer provide a certificate of sponsorship which u ll use to apply for visa
3. Yes most employer do a minimum of 2 years.
4. Dats a personal decision which I fell is d best
I op ds helps.
deleson:
Hello

A big thank you to crushsugar and everyone who’s contributed to this thread. I’ve got a few questions;

1. What’s the average cost to finance this process from start to finish ( IELTS.CBT...etc).

2. Is there any need for proof of funds or bank deposit before one can be issued employment and visa?

3. Is one bonded to work for the recruiting agency for a number of months/years? If no, how do they make their money of the nurse?

4. Is it advisable for a newly wed to relocate with her spouse?

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by deleson: 10:55pm On May 01, 2020
Thanks for the response.

I’d say the cost isn’t back breaking.

Do you have an idea of the charges or percentage of the earnings the agent/employer would take out for those two years after helping secure a job there?

Conversely, what’s the cost implication of using one’s funds and not an agent’s?

Yemisih:
1 IELTS. 75k
Cbt. 83£ or abt 40k
Nmc UK application fee. 140£
Nmcn verification fee 17500
Nmc UK registration fee 153£
2. No nid for proof of funds,once u secure a job ur employer provide a certificate of sponsorship which u ll use to apply for visa
3. Yes most employer do a minimum of 2 years.
4. Dats a personal decision which I fell is d best
I op ds helps.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by famzynet: 11:23pm On May 01, 2020
Heathrow44:

For a salary of £40,000 ,your take home will be around £ 2500.
Saving money to relocate is something you have to figure it. Work and save, get loan, borrow from family,family help etc.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by famzynet: 11:29pm On May 01, 2020
Heathrow44:
Op, I just graduated from Anatomy in Nigeria, going to start NYSC this fall, I Would love to work in the UK or Finland, How would u advise to work into moving to the UK as a medical line professional with a Bsc in Anatomy.

Secondly, I'm no 2. Of Five children I've sent msgs & clues to my parents of moving & working outside d country cos I don't like Nigeria where I'm not valued and the economy here is frustrating, buh that doesn't seem like happening how do I fund my travel out like how much do I need for a permanent residency or work permit?? 4 million or what?

You may have to go to the nairaland topic " living in the UK" to ask this question. Maybe someone who has moved over as an anatomist may guide you better. I don't think anatomists are on the shortage occupation list . That means moving over as an anatomist may be very difficult. You may have to go over for further studies like masters after which you may then seek for work and stay back. Except you have attachment with someone whose occupation is on the shortage list. If that person goes over,you may join as dependent.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by OneChanceTaxi: 1:25am On May 02, 2020
Nice thread and an interesting read; I read from page 1 to this point at a go and I'm not even a nurse cheesy

I like the OP's (@CrushSugar) humility and willingness to engage people and answer questions, both personal and those that have been asked over and over again.

Keep it up and #StaySafe

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Yemisih(f): 5:35am On May 02, 2020
Yes UK is still d cheapest nd easiest to get into
bur salary wise u might want to consider us or Australia
U are not supposed to pay agent any amount PLS, dey get dere payment frm d hospital
Either u fund ur traveling urself or Tru an agent d salary is statutory,no difference.
deleson:
Thanks for the response.

I’d say the cost isn’t back breaking.

Do you have an idea of the charges or percentage of the earnings the agent/employer would take out for those two years after helping secure a job there?

Conversely, what’s the cost implication of using one’s funds and not an agent’s?

4 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by deleson: 10:08am On May 02, 2020
Interesting!

Thanks for the update.

Yemisih:
Yes UK is still d cheapest nd easiest to get into
bur salary wise u might want to consider us or Australia
U are not supposed to pay agent any amount PLS, dey get dere payment frm d hospital
Either u fund ur traveling urself or Tru an agent d salary is statutory,no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by jojothegreat(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2020
Enjoyed the thread, hope you are okay and safe OP?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2020
Good evening great nurses. Please I just purchase SON luth form, and the exam is most likely to be scheduled next month ( that's if they defile the lockdown).

But the issue is, I don't know how there questions are arranged.
Please anyone that have gone through this should help.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Gernny(f): 1:55pm On May 03, 2020
I want to apply for the MSc in Nursing I have a 2.2,but I have worked in the hospital since 2017 till date.I worked as Managed health care call center agent.Can I apply?
Arhmiee:

Search for "Msc Adult nursing Uk" on Google, you will see results of different schools offering the program. It's a pre-registration nursing program. Most schools take people from any disciple but having a 2.1 and above is needed unless u have work experience in a healthcare setting then 2.2 may be accepted.
I hope this helps.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Arhmiee(f): 9:24pm On May 03, 2020
Gernny:
I want to apply for the MSc in Nursing I have a 2.2,but I have worked in the hospital since 2017 till date.I worked as Managed health care call center agent.Can I apply?

Yes, you can. You just have to mention the work you did in your personal statement and relate it very well to nursing.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 5:25pm On May 05, 2020
DrLuv:

thank you
Someone has answered your question. Lots of schools offer MSC nursing direct from any degree.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 5:27pm On May 05, 2020
haiti007:
Good evening great nurses. Please I just purchase SON luth form, and the exam is most likely to be scheduled next month ( that's if they defile the lockdown).

But the issue is, I don't know how there questions are arranged.
Please anyone that have gone through this should help.

I have no idea.
Ask on nurses platforms on Facebook. Nursing world, Naija Nurses...

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 5:37pm On May 05, 2020
famzynet:

For a salary of £40,000 ,your take home will be around £ 2500.
Saving money to relocate is something you have to figure it. Work and save, get loan, borrow from family,family help etc.
You can go to UK.gov to clarify your doubts. Tax is 20% of your earnings beneath 50, 000. Meanwhile your first 12,500 for the tax year is not taxed.
It is alot but not when you keep thinking about it. I think it is a fair deal.

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2020
crushsugar:

I have no idea.
Ask on nurses platforms on Facebook. Nursing world, Naija Nurses...

Thank you, I have gotten the necessary information. In fact, I have registered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 05, 2020
just to fulfill my curiosity i was wondering if the medical scenry in the UK is as it is in the medical movies we watch

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (32) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.