Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,671,950 members, 6,283,076 topics. Date: Monday, 10 May 2021 at 07:53 PM

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (74559 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Kenny242(m): 12:11pm On May 04
[quote author=haiti007 post=97836919]

Good morning ma'am, I've just gotten admission into a reputable school of nursing in Nigeria. My uncle that lives in the US for the more than 25years has called me to congratulate me for this feat, hence, he promised that I'd soon come and join him in the US soon...

Even though I will be writing my ielts exams by 2023, I'd be preparing myself from now. Physically and mentally.

But my fear is that, with all I've read on this thread,

HELLO MY SIS JUST GOT ADMISSION TOO HOPING FOR HER TO FINISH AND START PREPARING TO JAPA
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 11:38pm On May 04
jaeybee98:
Hello, after spending more than 4ook, some students will still be weeded out after the first 3months or 6months exam right?

It boils down to there seriousness, a student that knows his/her onions won't be weeded out
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 11:39pm On May 04
[quote author=Kenny242 post=101369434][/quote]

May God help us all.
The 3 years might not be easy but surely has a better ending

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by jaeybee98(m): 11:40pm On May 04
haiti007:

It boils down to there seriousness, a student that knows his/her onions won't be weeded out
Yea, I get but isn't it harsh to collect 400k from students and eventually weed them out after 6 months?

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 11:47pm On May 04
jaeybee98:
Yea, I get but isn't it harsh to collect 400k from students and eventually weed them out after 6 months?

Though it has been cancelled in most schools, thanks to the council (my school don't do that too). Nonetheless, I feel that it makes students more serious when they are under pressure to pass.

Most students actually relax after they have gotten the admission. The reading culture falls drastically and the aim of producing great mind in this noble profession is forestalled..

Personally, I believe that anybody that study well during his/her stay won't have a reason to fail or be weeded out

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by jaeybee98(m): 11:55pm On May 04
haiti007:

Though it has been cancelled in most schools, thanks to the council (my school don't do that too). Nonetheless, I feel that it makes students more serious when they are under pressure to pass.

Most students actually relax after they have gotten the admission. The reading culture falls drastically and the aim of producing great mind in this noble profession is forestalled..

Personally, I believe that anybody that study well during his/her stay won't have a reason to fail or be weeded out
Nicely said but then a repeat or resit would have been more appropriate than outright withdrawal. Thank God it's been cancelled tho.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 11:57pm On May 04
jaeybee98:
Nicely said but then a repeat or resit would have been more appropriate than outright withdrawal. Thank God it's been cancelled tho.

Yes sir, there's now resit and repeat too in lieu of weeding students out.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by jaeybee98(m): 12:00am On May 05
haiti007:

Yes sir, there's now resit and repeat too in lieu of weeding students out.
Thanks for the information sir.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by haiti007(m): 12:01am On May 05
jaeybee98:
Thanks for the information sir.
you're welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 8:42pm On May 05
Hello my people, I am back again. Heard I have been missed so much, make una no vex o.
I have backlog of issues ...eh no be small but I can start small.
Just a quick update, I have just finished my Bsc Top up, looking forward to starting a masters soon. It's been really an exciting and challenging journey at the same time.
I must say again if you want to practice in the UK, please start your applications asap. Things are becoming harder by the day and rumours are having it that it might become harder. I also encourage people to start NMC application on time if possible before IELTS or simultaneously because it takes so much time these days.
All the best from me.
Ps: I promise to be better at this, so help me God.

5 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by famzynet: 2:28am On May 06
crushsugar:
Hello my people, I am back again. Heard I have been missed so much, make una no vex o.
Just a quick update, I have just finished my Bsc Top up, looking forward to starting a masters soon. It's been really an exciting and challenging journey at the same time.
I must say again if you want to practice in the UK, please start your applications asap. Things are becoming harder by the day and rumours are having it that it might become harder. I also encourage people to start NMC application on time if possible before IELTS or simultaneously because it takes so much time these days.
All the best from me.
Congrats to you on your new feat. Good to have you back.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by jaeybee98(m): 9:43am On May 06
crushsugar:
All the best from me.
Welcome back. Erhm, your top-up lasted for how many years?
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by EbonyCy(f): 10:01am On May 06
crushsugar:
All the best from me.

Congrats ma....welcome back
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by osato45: 2:38pm On May 07
crushsugar:
All the best from me.
Congrats nne, please what are the chances of one with 3 year RM certificate and no experience yet getting work in the UK as a midwife, I learnt that I have to do cbt midwifery first with ielts

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.