Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (29216 Views)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by naijajobx: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Oh
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
loomer:

They way una dey talk sometimes dey make me laugh, u think say the north go allows others come do that kind settlement for their backyard if it was the other way round?

But other ethnic groups are up north doing their businesses.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Konafas: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:
I am sure if Atiku had proposed it, most of those wailing will find reasons to accept it.

To curb herdsmen clashes with farmers, they need to settle in a place. So why are States and communities giving them leprosy treatment? Even if you rear the cattle up north you still need to keep them alive in the south till they are sold.

Who's money are they using to execute this project

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Neoteny(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
bendike:

Kindly address the message and not the messenger

Mtchew

Busybodi
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by bamasite2: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Very good and valid point.

My problem is that Sani just made an ambiguous statement. He did not proffer any solution to the problem.
It is more like someone that just wants to talk for talking sake.
Ayed44:
The best solution is private ranching. That's is the best global practice. Cattle rearing remains a private business. Save for a hidden agenda, the government has no business seizing people's land and taxpayers' money to set up private businesses for individuals. I just purchased some plots of land for my piggery farming. The government should encourage herdsmen to do same.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by bendike: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Neoteny:

Mtchew

Busybodi
Lol. address my message and not me as a massager too grin
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Neoteny(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
bendike:

Lol. address my message and not me as a massager too grin

I don't need a massage, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Konafas:

Who's money are they using to execute this project

It seems folks don't don't even have a specific reason for fighting the initiative. Everyone is just throwing up things to see which sticks.

We have a problem of herdsmen wandering about. The solution is, settle them in one place, but is just venting and spewing venom everywhere.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by iykemyke: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:
I am sure if Atiku had proposed it, most of those wailing will find reasons to accept it.

To curb herdsmen clashes with farmers, they need to settle in a place. So why are States and communities giving them leprosy treatment? Even if you rear the cattle up north you still need to keep them alive in the south till they are sold.

Its all about trust issues. Nobody trust the intentions of fg under buhari
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
iykemyke:

Its all about trust issues. Nobody trust the intentions of fg under buhari

Even if Buhari cut off one of his finger those who hate him will still not support him.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Malawian(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
almost a full month after "inauguration" and there is still no cabinet. But there is now Ruga settlement. I just dey observe.

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by highmood(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

Maybe the proposed Rugan settlement will be located in your hometown first so you know how it feels. What happened to ranches? Those who owns those cattle's up north should get them ranches. Why is that a big deal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
highmood:

Maybe the proposed Rugan settlement will be located in your hometown first so you know how it feels. What happened to ranches? Those who owns those cattle's up north should get them ranches. Why is that a big deal?
hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by vicadex07(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
chudez0147:
On a serious not, this shouldn't be a problem..., if the Fulanis' wants land for any reason, they should buy just like every other person...

Fg has already given them the 100bn Naira needed for that. The question now is, will you sell or be forced to sell?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by chudez0147(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
vicadex07:

Fg has already given them the 100bn Naira needed for that. The question now is, will you sell or be forced to sell?
Even if FG or FC gives them 299trillion, it's left for the owners' of the land to deside if they wants to sell or not ....
Abi na By force to sale land to Boko Haram??
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by chudez0147(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

Even if Buhari cut off one of his finger those who hate him will still not support him.
He doesn't have to cut his hand....., he only need to be fair to all...
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by emezuo17: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

. The goats that are reared up north how are they kept? The fish that reared down south, how are they kept and sold up north, other perishable food stuffs that are cultivated up north and shipped done south how are they doing it? My dear, there is more to this settlement stuff than meets the eye, that is why host communities are rejecting it, no body wants and aggressive person who has an un explainable sense of entitlement as a neighbor, talk more as a guest, more over what is government interest in Fulani cattle rearers? Why are they not thinking of putting that effort in re settling the idps?
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by comodo: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

It is a case of attacking a policy because you don't like who proposed it.

The problem is herdsmen needs to stay in one place like ranches, farm settlements, etc. So why the wailing just because PMB is proposing it? Should the herdsmen take their livestock to heaven for braiding? Why the leprosy treatment from States and communities? Don't we all eat meat?
Kai I don die. We buy d meat. Its not free. Someone sells it, someone own it. Its not a collective property or mineral resources. Its a private business just like selling clothes, selling spare parts etc. That we all use vehicles won't make u give out your ancestral land to car dealers. Will you. I keep asking what's the interest of FG on this cow colony, grazing colony, grazing route, Ruga
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
comodo:

Kai I don die. We buy d meat. Its not free. Someone sells it, someone own it. Its not a collective property or mineral resources. Its a private business just like selling clothes, selling spare parts etc. That we all use vehicles won't make u give out your ancestral land to car dealers. Will you. I keep asking what's the interest of FG on this cow colony, grazing colony, grazing route, Ruga

Currently there is a crisis of constant clash of herdsmen and farmers. There is need for a solution to put an end to it.

The FG is bound by responsibility to find a solution. This is one.

Ignoring them till they rent land on there own to build ranches is not an option, as the problem will linger.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
emezuo17:
. The goats that are reared up north how are they kept? The fish that reared down south, how are they kept and sold up north, other perishable food stuffs that are cultivated up north and shipped done south how are they doing it? My dear, there is more to this settlement stuff than meets the eye, that is why host communities are rejecting it, no body wants and aggressive person who has an un explainable sense of entitlement as a neighbor, talk more as a guest, more over what is government interest in Fulani cattle rearers? Why are they not thinking of putting that effort in re settling the idps?

Payment is not the problem here. The problem is that no community and even States that want the ranches around.

Unless those opposing this proposal are offering a solution, there will not be a common ground to resolve the Herdsmen/Farmers clashes.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Ojiofor: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

Atiku isn't mad to propose such nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by MrSly(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Racoon:

Well said.Everyone in this govt is stupidly myopic. Just as Femi Adeshina once said surrendering land for Fulani acquisation is better than dying from conflict.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvK_POZz8NA
Well I think thats the myopic ideology of a frightened lily livered afonja man. With that said, whether you surrender your land to Fulani herders or not, you will still die in conflict if live with them with both eyes closed.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by netpro(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ojiofor:

Atiku isn't mad to propose such nonsense.

He is also a Fulani man with 1000s of cows roaming out there. During the campaign he bragged about being more Fulani than Buhari. He owns more cows than him. Atiku has no single ranch anywhere in Nigeria.

https://www.dailypost.ng/2019/01/22/buhari-fake-fulani-man-atiku
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by nwanyionitsha: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

Atiku can never propose this rubbish. Atiku is a modern day business man.
I know it,you know it and they know it.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
cant southern nigeria rear cattle as well? anything wrong if we have southern herdsmen who rear cattle? must we always depend on fulani cowmeat? na waoh.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by edupedia: 1:50am On Jun 28, 2019
Twenty47:
Still can't believe this country has gone to a point were the government listens to some bloody terrorist and act according to what pleases them..

God.. you are our only hope.

Jonathan and PDP released N100b for RUGA in 2014....but was stolen by PDP members ...Go do some search on Google....
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by dareadewuyi: 2:31am On Jun 28, 2019
No problem, give them Sambisa forest free,Ti oluwa nile......'I beg do not touch my father's land sha,emi omo baale agbe of Ibarapa

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by loomer: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2019
netpro:

But other ethnic groups are up north doing their businesses.

Were they given settlements?

Do they have a specific part cut off for them as theirs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Twenty47(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2019
edupedia:

Jonathan and PDP released N100b for RUGA in 2014....but was stolen by PDP members ...Go do some search on Google....
Yea.. That's true.
But i wasn't referring it to this administration alone but even the past ones so i see no need of going that far to the extent of searching on google but thanks though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by UncletC: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2019
netpro:

and you think atiku can make this dumb decision?
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Quorax: 6:31am On Jun 30, 2019
netpro:

if you are bold, state where you are from. You likely Northerner
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Quorax: 6:33am On Jun 30, 2019
netpro:

Currently there is a crisis of constant clash of herdsmen and farmers. There is need for a solution to put an end to it.

The FG is bound by responsibility to find a solution. This is one.

Ignoring them till they rent land on there own to build ranches is not an option, as the problem will linger.

What is not an option. Kai, some of u are just lucky

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Restrains Ayu From Acting As PDP National Chairman / UNIPORT Disowns Lawmaker, Say He Did Not Graduate - VANGUARD / Osinbajo & Wife Console Novo Lilian Isioro Over Death Of Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.