Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (29010 Views)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Kingosytex(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
post=79716889:

You've said it all sir!

this suya guy, i thought you were sensible. wetin carry atiku enter the matter? na atiku be president?

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by greenguy: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Well said sir... But I still wonder why government is bent on complicating this matter? Cattle rearing is a personal business and those in the line of business are to observe rules of the area it operates in or do whatever is legal to prosper their business. We have these issues in the first place because our government does not know it's place hence the cattle rearers have lost their place.

The communities will live in fear because you're imposing your kinsmen on them.... Do this government even have sense? what kind of country is this for heaven's sake?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by paul938lmomen: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
ITS FEW DAYS TO GO FOR THE MARATHON ICT TRAINING LIVE IN ABUJA – IF YOU ARE NASSARAWA, KOGI, BENUE, KADUNA, JOS, KWARA AND OTHER NEIGHBOURING STATE, DON’T MISS THIS!

THE ICT DONS ARE COMING TO ABUJA FOR THE POWERFUL TRAINING IN GRAPHICS DESIGNS!

THIS IS GRAND-MASTER GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING LIKE YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE – NO THEORY. NO BULLSHITS. 100% PRACTICAL TO MAKE YOU A PRO THIS YEAR IN 4 WEEKS!

Thanks to social media and the app-store economy, design skills are more valuable than ever.
Are you interested in learning more about how to communicate your creative ideas in a way that will capture the attention of your audience? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!

This training takes you from Design novice to professional creative through intensive practical training.

POWERFUL TRAINING CURRICULUM YOU WOULD LEARN IN THE PROGRAM

- The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

PROGRAM FEES: N30,000 – HEAVILY DISCOUNT FOR EARLY BIRDS
N36,000 - PAYMENT MADE ON TRAINING DAY

TRAINING STARTING DATE: JULY 9TH, 2019 (This was why we informed everyone who want to make payment not make any until we announce otherwise)

VENUE: ABUJA CHAMBER OF INDUSTRY AND COMMERCE. Umaru Yaradua Road, Lugbe Abuja

PERIOD: We will be having the following sessions of training
- SESSION 1 – Morning Classes – 9.30am to 12.30pm DAILY
- SESSION 2- Afternoon Classes - 1pm to 5pm DAILY
- SESSION 3 – Weekend Classes – SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be free consultation as follows:
BUSINESS OWNERS – FREE consultation with THE ICT HUB team on issues surrounding getting your business online. Let help to open you business for more sales, more customers digitally!
ICT CAREER CONSULTATION & TRAINING - Our ICT Experts will be on hand to advise, mentor and throw insight on career courses and options for everyone who requires ICT career advise

OUR TRAINING GUARANTEE - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER THE PROGRAM - YES, WITH 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

DON’T MISS THIS CAREER AND LIFE CHANGING ICT PROGRAM. RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Kingosytex(m): 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
mrleala11:
Congrats to all yesterday winner, show them winning is possible with me. DM or WhatApp

stake 100k for the games and win so that u can stop littering every where
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by MobilityExpress: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:
I am sure if Atiku had proposed it, most of those wailing will find reasons to accept it.

To curb herdsmen clashes with farmers, they need to settle in a place. So why are States and communities giving them leprosy treatment? Even if you rear the cattle up north you still need to keep them alive in the south till they are sold.

They should settle them inside Aso Rock. There's plenty space there.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by LasLas: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:
I am sure if Atiku had proposed it, most of those wailing will find reasons to accept it.

To curb herdsmen clashes with farmers, they need to settle in a place. So why are States and communities giving them leprosy treatment? Even if you rear the cattle up north you still need to keep them alive in the south till they are sold.
Let justice be served first to those they murdered, Let us see the FG protecting the lives of abiding Nigerians and not the criminals and murderers all in the name of herdsmen then we will receive them but until then FG, Buhari and fulani herdsmen should all rot in hell

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Jadeng: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Richiez:
Ranching is the way to go. The Governors support it. FG should tow same line. Bringing up the issue of grazing reserves, cattle colony, ruga settlements in my opinion is just to heat up the polity.

Exactly my point !
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Tonero231: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Viewing from their tinted window really got me grin
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Itimkpataka2: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

It is a case of attacking a policy because you don't like who proposed it.

The problem is herdsmen needs to stay in one place like ranches, farm settlements, etc. So why the wailing just because PMB is proposing it? Should the herdsmen take their livestock to heaven for braiding? Why the leprosy treatment from States and communities? Don't we all eat meat?

Why not Volunteer online and call their attention, so that you will dash them your fathers land.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by chudez0147(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

Sure. The problem is that states and communities are against it. Livestock owners will not take their stock to heaven for braiding.
I don't understand what you mean "states are against it... have you offered them money and they rejected ❓
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by chudez0147(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
bizzibodi:

Buy is not a good idea,lease to them or they will claim yur land forever.
At least let them say something reasonable.... instead of trying to grab someone's land
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Mynightmare: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
post=79716889:

You've said it all sir!
stupidity level =legendary

5 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Amah70: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
owisdom58:
Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central Senator, has faulted the Federal Government’s proposed establishment of Ruga settlements for herdsmen in some states of the federation.

He said establishing the settlement without ensuring ensuring a comprehensive inter-communal peace will lead to disaster.

Buhari government had disclosed that it was working towards establishing Ruga settlements for herdsmen in 12 pilot states nationwide.

Mohammadu Umar, the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, made this known in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said that the farm settlements, when fully established, would address incessant clashes between Fulani cattle rearers and farmers.

Reacting, Sani tweeted: “Establishing a ‘Rugan Fulani’ settlement in some states where spears and swords are flying over heads and without facilitating a comprehensive inter communal peace plan and MOU, will be a recipe for disaster.The architects of the idea are viewing the problem from their tinted windows.”

https://thickmatch.com/shehu-sani-speaks-buhari-govts-plan-create-ruga-settlements-states/

Cattle is no more reared by herders moving about with cattle on other people's lands.

Cattle is now reared in enclosed private ranches.

The abnormal dictator still thinks Nigeria is still in the 1980s.

He is merely wasting govt money building nonsense settlements for his nomadic Fulani cattle herder brothers, hoping that entire Nigeria shall become Fulani country.
Before he closes eyes, the settlements shall be pulled down by normal beings.

Cattle settlement for where? We now eat more pork than beef in my end of the country.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by oluwaahmed: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
post=79716889:

You've said it all sir!

U seem to know a lot about these govt policies, so pls help clarify some of my questions.

1:The ranching being established across the various states will it be for strictly Fulani herdsmen or anyone who is in the business of raring cattle?

2: whom did the government consult before taking this "bold step" because I know they experimented with the idea but killed it when many Nigerians disagreed on the matter so is it because 2nd term is in the bag that Nigerians opinion no longer count?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by CodeTemplar: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

What stops them from acquiring land like pig farmers and poultry owners. What is special about cows that the owners must keep they profit and get land for free? Please I am waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by CodeTemplar: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
bamasite2:
D reactor.

Sir, I appreciate the fact that you have come out to say 'something'. However, what is your own proposed SOLUTION to the clashes?
Proposed solution is for terrorists to be labelled and treated as one.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Lucifer1419: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
Is Audu Ogbeh OK for evening thinking of this?

DOA!
. No, He's ok for morning thinking of this
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by CodeTemplar: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
martowskin1:

what does atiku get to do with this.... discuss the issue at hand...

He is just a paid poster doing his job of tilting every sane debate that challenges APC's dictatorial tendencies into an apc-pdp mud fight.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by CodeTemplar: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
post=79716889:

You've said it all sir!
So this is about PDP to you. Do you pay rent for your contactless BBQ business? If yes, what stops Fulani's from paying for land?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by dochenaj: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
If I was the president, in the spate of all the clashes between the farmers and herdsmen, I'll outlaw normadism.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
The herdsmen should fvcking rent lands for their settlements just like average businessman rents store.
How the fvck is this hard to do? sad
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
CodeTemplar:
What stops them from acquiring land like pig farmers and poultry owners. What is special about cows that the owners must keep they profit and get land for free? Please I am waiting.
Perfect.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by CodeTemplar: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
J111333:
Perfect.
Let Buhari just create a parastatal called fulani herdsmen.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by PresidentAtiku(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lucifer1419:
. No, He's ok for morning thinking of this
Lucifer kwa?

Get behind me Satan
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by wink2015(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
owisdom58:
Shehu Sani, former Kaduna Central Senator, has faulted the Federal Government’s proposed establishment of Ruga settlements for herdsmen in some states of the federation.

He said establishing the settlement without ensuring ensuring a comprehensive inter-communal peace will lead to disaster.

Buhari government had disclosed that it was working towards establishing Ruga settlements for herdsmen in 12 pilot states nationwide.

Mohammadu Umar, the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, made this known in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said that the farm settlements, when fully established, would address incessant clashes between Fulani cattle rearers and farmers.

Reacting, Sani tweeted: “Establishing a ‘Rugan Fulani’ settlement in some states where spears and swords are flying over heads and without facilitating a comprehensive inter communal peace plan and MOU, will be a recipe for disaster.The architects of the idea are viewing the problem from their tinted windows.”

https://thickmatch.com/shehu-sani-speaks-buhari-govts-plan-create-ruga-settlements-states/

Nice one from Senator Shehu Sani.

You can not pack to a house without first seeing the Landlord who will now give you terms and conditions for the rentals of the house.

In this case, the state and the community hosting the herdsmen is the Landlord in the Ruga settlement and they are obligated to give the condition for the stay and they are equally obligated to revoke the stay and not the federal government as President Buhari body language seems to be showing.

Unfortunately, President Buhari is using federal government might and military might to force this herdsmen on community.

This is unacceptable.

I THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME SOUTHERNERS GO INTO MASSIVE REARING OF CATTLES AS IT IS DONE IN MEXICO, ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, PARAGUAY, URUAGUAY AND SOUTH AFRICA.

ENOUGH OF THIS HERDSMEN ISSUE.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by bendike: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Neoteny:
Washed up has-been trying to stay relevant

If you're so wise you wouldn't have been pushed out by the Kaduna Hobbit.

Kindly address the message and not the messenger
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Ayed44: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2019
bamasite2:
D reactor.

Sir, I appreciate the fact that you have come out to say 'something'. However, what is your own proposed SOLUTION to the clashes?
The best solution is private ranching. That's is the best global practice. Cattle rearing remains a private business. Save for a hidden agenda, the government has no business seizing people's land and taxpayers' money to set up private businesses for individuals. I just purchased some plots of land for my piggery farming. The government should encourage herdsmen to do same.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Mizwisdom(f): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Twenty47:
Still can't believe this country has gone to a point were the government listens to some bloody terrorist and act according to what pleases them..

God.. you are our only hope.

Fulinization of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by wink2015(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ayed44:
The best solution is private ranching. That's is the best global practice. Cattle rearing remains a private business. Save for a hidden agenda, the government has no business seizing people's land and taxpayers' money to set up private businesses for individuals. I just purchased some plots of land for my piggery farming. The government should encourage herdsmen to do same.

I support the private ranching you just raised.

I also think the land agreement should also be on LEASE and it should be subject to revocation if it is abused by the tenants herdsmen.

This is because NO ONE WANTS A TROUBLE MAKER THAT WILL COME AND POLLUTE THE PEACE IN THE LAND.
Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by loomer: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
netpro:

They way una dey talk sometimes dey make me laugh, u think say the north go allows others come do that kind settlement for their backyard if it was the other way round?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan by Twenty47(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Fulinization of Nigeria
Yea... Ah tell you dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki And Timaya At APC Celebration Party / Lawyers Protest Against Sanwo-Olu Presiding Over Judicial Panel Of Enquiry / Lady K: My Health Is Deteriorating From Chemical DSS Forced Me To Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.