Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,443 members, 7,826,702 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? (23180 Views)

NNPC Or Coca-cola Interview About Russia Ukraine War / Just In: NNPC Staff Protest Unpaid Salaries / NNPC Drops 500 From Its Workforce For Failing Promotion Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by dalhjana: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Very tough decision. Although, the entry level salary of the two firms are almost the same.
What's the entry salary bro
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Vyolet(f): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Go for the NNPC interview if you can, you may be lucky to still be absolved in the training school, in case, you miss the bank job eventually, just hope on getting the NNPC job. While at that, apply to some private schools to teach so you won't be idle, if the NNPC doesn't come, other bank jobs will still come. You seem to be smart.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by 400billionman: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:
I'm very confused right now.

I'm presently undergoing training as a graduate trainee in one of the first-generation banks in Nigeria. I resumed not too long ago, and it's gonna span for three months, after which I'd be fully absorbed into the bank as a core staff. The training school is in Lagos, and you dare not seek permission, as it will not be granted. You even risk getting sent off if you arrive the training school 10 minutes late.

Just yesterday, I received an email from NNPC stating that I've been shortlisted for an interview (Graduate Trainee) slated to hold in Abuja next week.

I really don't know what to do, as I risk losing both if I attend the interview with NNPC without an express permission from the bank.

N.B: Both are graduate trainee roles.

I'm mystified right now. I hope to get plausible answers from my ogas here..

Do the first thing that came to your mind.

That is the secret of success.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Bluntemperor: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
Young man congratulations for the bank you are now.after your in-house training,you get the job,stick to it.Life is about decision making and don't say others are going,its fluid.Doin't use others as yardstick for your own life comparison.You know what,in a years time you can still apply to the NNPC as a Graduate,but with a different experience in you CV and at that time no body can query you as JJC then and God of favour on your side you can still switch if you so desire.Thank me later.

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by 400billionman: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by dustydee: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

I'm presently undergoing training as a graduate trainee in one of the first-generation banks in Nigeria. I resumed not too long ago, and it's gonna span for three months, after which I'd be fully absorbed into the bank as a core staff. The training school is in Lagos, and you dare not seek permission, as it will not be granted. You even risk getting sent off if you arrive the training school 10 minutes late.

Just yesterday, I received an email from NNPC stating that I've been shortlisted for an interview (Graduate Trainee) slated to hold in Abuja next week.

I really don't know what to do, as I risk losing both if I attend the interview with NNPC without an express permission from the bank.

Do you think they will sack all of you?
You either take the risk and see that NNPC process to conclusion or live with the regret of wondering what would have happened if you attended. the fact that you got a job with that bank means you are employable. If they decide to sack you at least you tried something better and who knows you may be successful.
i'll advise that you go for the interview.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by olusma23(m): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
@OP, if you love yourself don't even have mind in the NNPC because those needed have been given appointment letter already .
the interview is just formality oooh.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Become really really sick to the extent that the bank go confirm say u dey really sick, vomit sef for their front.

Den u go for ur interview

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by DonX001: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
mapet:

If things don't change, as an NNPC staff, on retirement your last salary is your monthly pension till death...
Is this for real?? shocked shocked shocked
Cc: Jarus.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Sleyanya1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Thank God you wrote that. Government-owned organizations are not interested in growth. I hope you know what PTI is? If PTI, an educational institution can do this, then it is finished!

On a personal note, never again will I apply for a government job, without first securing the connection.

Yeah, I know PTI , Petroleum Training Institute @ Effurun.

Your mind is made up already Sha.
I understand.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by lonelydora: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Go for NNPC interview and pray you get the job. Your life won't remain the same as an NNPC Staff

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Vyolet(f): 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
400billionman:

This your advice is silly.

You are asking someone with a secured bank job of about N200k a month to apply for teaching job.

Are you okay ?
You can't say my advice is silly, it mustn't go in line with your own thoughts, that's uncouth of you i-diot.

I am very okay, you may ask the females in your linage if they are the ones not well upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by BrutusOj(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

Thank you.
Bros, go for nnpc. You have gotten the job already. The interview is just to verify your claims of certificate and see you in person. Government jobs interview are mere formality, once you pass aptitude test, it is over.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Gabriel99: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
Which ever one gives you peace of mind that's where your answer is. Follow your peace.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by qanda: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by LadyHeaven(f): 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
I also have a O&G interview but i would sincerely advice you go for the NNPC, figure out a way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by bonnyhope: 10:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jarus:

If you were sick and was not able to go to the training for 2 days, will they fire you?

That's where the answer is.

I no go advise you to lie on public forum....
Bad guy
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by deepwater(f): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

access bank at allen?

na normal thing na
\people dey skip class, but look your back well
u shot ur self by bring it here
dem go intensify security now

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by raydatluvs(m): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
My friend had an ingenious idea where you go to the training school a day before your interview and feign a really serious ailment like asthma or cholera( something that could get you the next day off for rest). Enter night bus that day and get to Abuja by morning, depending on your slated time find somewhere to freshen up for the interview. After the interview, get a Lagos bus and get here before 6 ready for training school. Get enough sleep in the bus and pray your buses don't have issues on the road.

Left to me, just forget the nnpc because there are too many factors beyond your control that could go wrong.

Good luck cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Jabioro: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Very simple matter..bad thing wont happened to you in Jesus name.. amen..let someone text you an emergency message that your mama enemy died this morning..and the call should be on some official ... they have mercy.for you..give two weeks
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by ezewealth(m): 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
umbre:

A Friend got the ITF job in that same Jos and he knows no one.
Please don't let us discourage people. God has different plans for all of us.
Yes there are some people on merit tho, but alot of some got the job on hu know hu. Alot of director where not even happy about the process, i am taliking about this year recruitment.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by abnot: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2019
mapet:

If things don't change, as an NNPC staff, on retirement your last salary is your monthly pension till death...

The salary isn’t much in these organisations . The allowances is what makes it attractive . These allowances tend to stop when you retire. Read a lot of comments here and I think NNPC is an overhyped organisation. It is huge and not every staff makes it to the top (GM, GGM, GED/COO) which is where the perks really are. I’ve come to realise that where you work does not directly correlate with your outcome / success. I knew a GGM in NNPC whom I thought was very well off but I later got to know a bank GM and later realised how much benefits these bank executives enjoy. A few years ago an ex-NNPC GMD was found with $9 million and was harassed by security agents and the media. Meanwhile likes of SEgun agbaje , Herbert wiggwe , Peter amangbo get about that annually as performance bonus from the respective banks they work in.

Kindly strategise and plan your career. I know lots of bank workers who are normal middle class citizens and also know lots of NNPC/ex-NNPC workers who are also normal middle class citizens.

8 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
Learn to fly only if you got wings

tosindami:

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by Heffalump(m): 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
tosindami:

I'm convinced that you're actually brilliant. Forget those deceiving you that you must know someone before getting NNPC employment. Many Nigerians in NNPC don't know Jack as at the time of getting the employment and it's still like that today.

Bank job is good but how long do you want to stay in it My lil piece of advice is that, risk it! But pray hard for God's direction.
A day prior to your interview at the Towers, go to your training venue early and take your role call. Bolt out to Abj by 9.30-10am. Try to return to Lagos same day after your interview, even if it requires you to use night Bus. My 2 cent!!!!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by iammiracle1(m): 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
abnot:

The salary isn’t much in these organisations . The allowances is what makes it attractive . These allowances tend to stop when you retire. Read a lot of comments here and I think NNPC is an overhyped organisation. It is huge and not every staff makes it to the top (GM, GGM, GED/COO) which is where the perks really are. I’ve come to realise that where you work does not directly correlate with your outcome / success. I knew a GGM in NNPC whom I thought was very well off but I later got to know a bank GM and later realised how much benefits these bank executives enjoy. A few years ago an ex-NNPC GMD was found with $9 million and was harassed by security agents and the media. Meanwhile likes of SEgun agbaje , Herbert wiggwe , Peter amangbo get about that annually as performance bonus from the respective banks they work in.

Kindly strategise and plan your career. I know lots of bank workers who are normal middle class citizens and also know lots of NNPC/ex-NNPC workers who are also normal middle class citizens.

Still same thing bro, not all bankers would become CEOs, COO, etc, same with NNPC, the OP should figure out what he really wants as a career and go for it

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by abnot: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2019
Joekaynews:

Never you compare NNPC prospects to that of Bank that is privately owned no matter highly paid such bank is. Are you aware you can be sacked in that bank anytime any day even without just cause but that can't happen at NNPC?

Do not use govt job to compare private no matter small the pay may be.

You can be taken out of any job. My neighbour was retired from NNPC at age of 48 shortly after kachiku was appointed GMD

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
undecided Men?? This is legally madness shocked
Abujabir24:
I will advice you to remain with the bank. NNPC have finshed sharing slots for the job since January and February before they advertised their recruitment. This is from a reliable source. I have a friend who paid for it from someone that was given 5 slots. Hes waiting for the APL. Mind you, he did not even sit for test.
Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
007 right? grin
Arysexy:
Book return flight ticket for d day u are to write NNPC exam. Then penultimate day to d NNPC interview date, go for Ur first bank training, then enter night bus. Arrive Abuja in d morning, do the interview, rush to airport get back to lag and take taxi to Ur training, ensure they see you that day. U can claim u were arrested by SARS and Ur phone confiscated. That u just got bailed and decided to report at training. With this no one will suspect u went for NNPC interview

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Oga oil worker, no job get stability. That's why employees are always advised to understand 'the time' and save against rainy days...
mapet:

Bros,

As someone in the Oil & Gas industry I will advise you to take your chances with NNPC, even if it means loosing out on the bank.

NNPC is a job that gives you stability and some opportunities to pursue both your career & academic endeavors without impacting your job. For example most serious & ambitious NNPC & CBN staff take advantage of the leave of absence structure to pursue abroad Masters & PhD. There salaries is not stopped while they are away, and NNPC picks your study bills.

For someone like you, whom I strongly believe is smart, even if you don't make the cut at the interview (which I strongly doubt), you are smart enough to get another bank job

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 11:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Baba, Abuja to Lagos by bus is almost 14hrs... Air return ticket would be his best bet
Heffalump:

I'm convinced that you're actually brilliant. Forget those deceiving you that you must know someone before getting NNPC employment. Many Nigerians in NNPC don't know Jack as at the time of getting the employment and it's still like that today.

Bank job is good but how long do you want to stay in it My lil piece of advice is that, risk it! But pray hard for God's direction.
A day prior to your interview at the Towers, go to your training venue early and take your role call. Bolt out to Abj by 9.30-10am. Try to return to Lagos same day after your interview, even if it requires you to use night Bus. My 2 cent!!!!

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by NigAmbassador: 12:10am On Jun 28, 2019
You deserve a medal!
Bluntemperor:
Young man congratulations for the bank you are now.after your in-house training,you get the job,stick to it.Life is about decision making and don't say others are going,its fluid.Doin't use others as yardstick for your own life comparison.You know what,in a years time you can still apply to the NNPC as a Graduate,but with a different experience in you CV and at that time no body can query you as JJC then and God of favour on your side you can still switch if you so desire.Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Or A First Generation Bank? by sacx: 12:46am On Jun 28, 2019
I would advise you jejejely stick to your bank job. This NNPC recruitment nor just pure at all. Almost all the guys I know that did the application got interview invite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Workers Block Road In Kaduna With Refuse Dump Over Owed Salaries / Pictures Of Women Doing Brick Laying / 6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.