Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Lessons From The Motor Park By Victoria Omoghena Edidi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lessons From The Motor Park By Victoria Omoghena Edidi (303 Views)

Body Shaming By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / BLACK By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / THE RAVAGED BEAUTY By Victoria Omoghena Edidi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Motor Park By Victoria Omoghena Edidi by VictoriaOmo: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2019
The average motor park is home to a lot of interesting characters. It is majorly made up of the low income earners of society. People who have been given up as hopeless by society abound here, striving daily to make ends meet and prove society wrong. In their bid for survival, they have been known to dabble into different activities. Having been in a few parks myself, I've come across some wonderful characters who have taught me a few lessons I felt are worth sharing.

One of such interesting characters are the vendors of edibles and other objects needed by humans in general. The vendors of edibles make up most of these populations. They range from the sellers of bread and pastry to those who deal in cooked food. Their day gets started as early as 5 am so that they can get their wares sorted out for the day's sales; those who deal in cooked food might actually wake earlier to do this. These vendors are located in strategic places the better to attract customers. They help ease the hunger pangs of the early risers who are unable to sort themselves out before leaving their various homes. There are days when sales are good and they wouldn't wish it otherwise; and, there are days when sales are so poor that it could be discouraging. They are always at their duty post irrespective of the climatic condition and are never discouraged believing that tomorrow will always be a better day. From these people, diligence and persistence are seen as virtues worthy of emulation in all affairs of life.

Another group of people found in the park are the porters. These are people who make a living carrying the luggages of people in the park. They do so for a paltry sum of money. They expose themselves to health risks all in a bid to make ends meet and also to offer the best services to their patrons. They show that all necessary efforts should be put into accomplishing whatever goal a person sets.

An interesting group of people encountered at the park are the drivers and their passengers. Drivers come in different sizes and temperaments, so do the passengers. At times, they could be aggressive, defensive or indifferent to the antics of their respective passengers. There are times when it seems like the sole aim of the passengers is to frustrate the drivers; and any driver able to put up with them earns their respect. From the aggressive intolerant to the accommodating, one learns that humans come in different flavours and need to be related with accordingly for peaceful coexistence.

Finally, the conductors attached to the various transport companies have always been a source of motivation to me. These are men and women who are in the thick of human relations and are still able to keep their cool inspite of affronts on their person. Actually, only few of them have been able to keep their cool in such situations anyway. Also, these people have been seen to come up with different ideas to help them ease the passage of time without the accompanying boredom. They've shown that resilience is a desired trait in any individual and that there's always a brighter side to every situation which if applied will go a long way in easing the burden of living.

(1) (Reply)

You've Got To Read Justice Must Prevail / Get My Copy Writing Services For Free / Get Motivated With Suitable Quotes And Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.