Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death (953 Views)

Inside World’s First Airport For Flying Cars Unveiled In UK (Photos) / Escaping Death: My Journey Through America / Peace Mass Transit Accident: Man Shares His Testimony After Escaping Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by HeWrites(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2019
FoxMeek recently come across a heartbreaking video on YouTube showing a family of six from Angola has been stuck at the Incheon International Airport, South Korea for six months while seeking refuge in the country over fears of being killed by security operatives in their home country.

In the heartbreaking video which was shared by Asian Boss, a media company situated in South Korea, sighted by FoxMeek the Lulendo family, who fled from their home country after a series of events that made them fear for their own lives now rely on strangers to survive.

In the video, FoxMeek learnt that the family’s plight began on Nov. 16, 2018 when their father, Nkuka, came across street vendors being chased by police officers while driving a taxi. At the time, Nkuka was just fired from his job, while the Angolan government was dealing with vendors causing traffic jams.

Speaking with one of Asian Boss correspondent, Nkuka said; “I was driving down the street and all of a sudden, there was a crowd that passed in front of me, I couldn’t just run these people over.” he said.

“I swerved my car to the right, but there was a jeep that belonged to the police on my right, and I smashed right into the police car.”

“The police noticed that I was Bakongo and more policemen came. There were six or seven of them. They knew I was Bakongo and they started threatening me.” he, said.

According to the father-of-four, he automatically sent to jail on the spot, without trial. And he was made to face unimaginable torture.

“I stayed in jail, where they started to mistreat me. I was tortured in ways that you couldn’t believe. I was there for 10 days, and every day, I was tortured over and over, and I’d cry.” he recalled.

After he was made to escape from the prison by a good samaritan who he claimed was also from Bakongo, he reached to his wife on phone only to head that she was raped.

“The following day, I called my wife. She came to tell me that the same day I had been released from jail, the policemen had gone all the way to my house and they raped my wife,” Nkuka said.

The family was later advised to leave the country, which made them to start going to different embassies, hoping to obtain visas. They ended up at the South Korean Embassy.

Watch the heartbreaking video below;

Source; https://www.foxmeek.com/metro/story-angolan-family-stuck-at-a-korean-airport-for-6-months-for-escaping-death

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by HeWrites(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hadampson
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by pocohantas(f): 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2019
Sad story but there must be countries Angolans can visit without Visa. Why didn't they go to those ones?

I am kinda confused here.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Andersonjr(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
So why were the “Bakongo” people being persecuted?
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Andersonjr(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:
Sad story but there must be countries Angolans can visit without Visa. Why didn't they go to those ones?

I am kinda confused here.
so tell me what country will travel to now without visa or paper work?
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by SageMK: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
Of all the Asian countries — South Korea?!
Those racist cúnts...

When a man is fóolish. The whole family suffers.
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by pocohantas(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2019
Andersonjr:
so tell me what country will travel to now without visa or paper work?

I don't get your question, Sir.

I am just wondering why SK. Like why will anyone trying to run from trouble wanna enter SK? I believe there should be African countries they can enter without much trouble.

Maybe our dearest Nigeria sef.
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by HeWrites(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
SageMK:
Of all the Asian countries — South Korea?!
Those racist cúnts...

When a man is fóolish. The whole family suffers.

Are you dumb or you're trying to be

Watch the video, the man said lots of Koreans help them a lot.

You just come here to dey shout racist.. Racist gbòógì you there angry
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by SageMK: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
HeWrites:

Are you dumb or you're trying to be

Watch the video, the man said lots of Koreans help them a lot.

You just come here to dey shout racist.. Racist gbòógì you there angry

Calm down.
Are there not honest people in Nigeria?
Does it change the fact Nigeria is corrupt?

But of course, give it to captain gullible...
Google is out there to educate you on racism in SK.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_South_Korea

1 Like

Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Andersonjr(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

I am just wondering why SK. Like why will anyone trying to run from trouble wanna enter SK? I believe there should be African countries they can enter without much trouble.

what i meant was that no country will allow u to stay without any paper work, visa or even work permit etc and by the way what's wrong in going to SK? Atleast there are more opportunities there than mayb their home country to talk of other African countries
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by emelda86(f): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Angola is not a friendly country before u get paper there hmmm...no be small thing
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Hadampson(m): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
pocohantas:

I laugh in spiritual powers grin

Moving from Angola to Nigeria is like going from frying pan to fire.
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Hadampson(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
HeWrites:
Hadampson

Thanks for the mention.

He should have gone elsewhere and apply for asylum there instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by HeWrites(m): 6:44am On Jun 29, 2019
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Story Of Angolan Family Stuck At A Korean Airport For 6months For Escaping Death by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 29, 2019
Format no work

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start A Transportation (taxi) Business In Dubai / How Long Will It Take To Get The NIMC Slip / Russia Also Have Egun Egun And Ekpo Calabar Like Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.