Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ (1081 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ by zuluman(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2007
Apostles of Christ,

We all have much work to do. We have to make sure that our brothers and sisters in Christ do not lose their faith in Christ. I have been reading some threads on this forum which I found some disturbing in the sense that some people who used to believe in God claim not to believe in God anymore. One of such person is Seun - the owner of this forum. Everyone should pray to God to reveal himself and his glory to the lives of such people, so that they would testify to the glory of our Lord.
Re: Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ by huxley(m): 8:11pm On May 24, 2008
Have people been praying? Seun, have you reversed your decision?
Re: Theologists, Pastors & Apostles Of Christ by syrup(f): 8:23pm On May 24, 2008
zuluman:

Apostles of Christ,

We all have much work to do. We have to make sure that our brothers and sisters in Christ do not lose their faith in Christ.

Those who speak of reading things to lose their faith is suspect as an idea. No, I'm not demeaning anyone or seeking to do so. Rather, I'm rather wondering aloud - this kind of poser should help us realize that "conviction" goes far beyond mere words. Let me quote a verse to help this:

1 Thessalonians 1:5 - "For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake."

In other words: the Gospel is not a matter of mere talk - anyone can do that. Conviction comes where the following are present:

(a) power
(b) the Holy Ghost
(c) much assurance

Nothing can substitute them.

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians And Muslims Have The Same Heaven : Frankly No! They Don't / ? / Is It An Insult To Call Religion A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.