Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,179 members, 7,839,013 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Is Interference In Marriage Okay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Interference In Marriage Okay? (523 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by egift465: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
A good friend of mine seeks anonymity and needs diverse useful opinions.
Does a woman (who is no longer the wife of a man) who was not present during her ex-stepdaughter's traditional marriage have any scriptural,legal or cultural justification to wade into matters of her ex-stepdaughter's marriage?
Please note that the ex-stepdaughter's biological mother is alive and well and her father is remarried happily to a new wife(legitimate stepmom).The biological mother,the father's new wife and the father were all present during the traditional rites.
Please no insults,only well thought answers.
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
Abeg draw the family tree make I understand.

The relationship come confuse me.

7 Likes

Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by egift465: 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2019
Okay@AntiBrutus.
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by egift465: 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Abeg draw the family tree make I understand.

The relationship come confuse me.

Father----- Wife 1(biological mom)--------Wife 2(separated from Father before couple did traditional rites)--------Wife 3(legitimate step-mum currently happily married and with Father).

Father, Wife 1(Biological mom of my friend's wife) and Wife 3(legitimate stepmom) were all present during the traditional rites.

Wife 2(now legally separated from Father) is the person interfering.

1 Like

Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Omoapena(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
egift465:
A good friend of mine seeks anonymity and needs diverse useful opinions.
Does a woman (who is no longer the wife of a man) who was not present during her ex-stepdaughter's traditional marriage have any scriptural,legal or cultural justification to wade into matters of her ex-stepdaughter's marriage?
Please note that the ex-stepdaughter's biological mother is alive and well and her father is remarried happily to a new wife(legitimate stepmom).The biological mother,the father's new wife and the father were all present during the traditional rites.
Please no insults,only well thought answers.

That kind of matter doesn't concern her anymore cuz she's out of the family circle, no more married to the stepdaughter father and not even the mother to the girl so why would she wanna engage herself in such sensitive matter that doesn't concern her.

She should move on with her personal life and leave her ex husband family matters to them to solve...

She can only come into matters that concerns the kids she had with her ex husband if only she had any with the man...

3 Likes

Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
egift465:

Father----- Wife 1(biological mom)--------Wife 2(separated from Father before couple did traditional rites)--------Wife 3(legitimate step-mum currently happily married and with Father).

Father, Wife 1(Biological mom of my friend's wife) and Wife 3(legitimate stepmom) were all present during the traditional rites.

Wife 2(now legally separated from Father) is the person interfering.

Wow!
Very clear now. Thanks for indulging me.

I typed too fast.

Three wives? Is the man a serial husband?

No, she has no business in this.

4 Likes

Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Omoapena(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Wow!
Very clear now. Thanks for indulging me.

What kind of interference?
What is the daughter's opinion in all of this?

If the daughter has been in communication with her mum and the mother has been doing her mothering from a distance, then I think it will be unfair to shut her out of such an important time in her daughter's life.

I think you need to read the main article again

You are mixing up something there...
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by lilmax(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
NO

she has no business there
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2019
Omoapena:

I think you need to read the main article again

You are mixing up something there...

Thanks. Corrected Sir.
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Omoapena(m): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Thanks. Corrected Sir.
You are welcome sir
Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
Op, please try and demystify this thing naw. It looks like calculus.

Anyway, unless by invitation, or where there is threat to life, no one really has the right to interfere in a couple's marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is Interference In Marriage Okay? by chii8(f): 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
She is no longer part of the family,in fact for interfering in the marriage rite,the Lady should take her as enemy from within.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Lolu Abandon His Wife And Parents Because Of Me / Only Women Can Say The Truth / Chanel Chin-olowo Of Iwo Slept With Our 13-year Old Househelp&he Used To Beat Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.