Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! (1099 Views)

Herdsmen And Their Cows Cause Commotion At BRT Lane In Lagos In Celebration Of P / Anambra Villagers Chase Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows Away. Photos / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle In Front Of National Assembly Complex, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2019
I laugh! I laugh that people are so easily managed and controlled with fear of Fulani herdsmen. It must be the new hell, except eyes are opened and hell works no more, so Fulani herdsmen replaces it with the belief that they put Allah in the cattle which when eaten converts you to Muslim, except it must be the unconscious accepted narrative amongst unthoughtful Nigerians. Yep, that must be it. Its also why you don't eat beef anymore in your fightback against the herd.

I truly laugh. I laugh that people believe Fulani herdsmen will go to Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos to kidnap anyone and the people in those places would do nothing. Ordinary my own Orolu Kingdom in Osun State no body born the Fulani herdsmen to kidnap anybody, for if they do, we will just institute a new festival called Chop Cow Till Your Belle Full, and ravage the Fulani herd while celebrating it. But people want it believed that only my own Orolu Kingdom has the chest to confront Fulani herdsmen and Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people no get chest at all.

I'm going to put it to you that when we, Oroluans, kidnap our own people, we will make sure those witnessing hear us speak what they think is Fulani. We will dress the part too, we are that cunning. And after we'd kidnapped, like smokescreen, they will report that Fulani herdsmen done it. It after all plays into a narrative that is easily believed, "Fulani are superhuman! They are coming to eat you!"

Personally, I don't think the Fulani herdsmen are yet born with the chest to kidnap down south. And I know how cunning we Oroluans can be. Besides, we love awoof meat. But perhaps people in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos are truly so weak and helpless that Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people would be terrorised in their own fathers land by Fulani herdsmen.

What I'd like you to consider is, are Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people truly so cowardly that Fulani herdsmen will come and kidnap you in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos, or is it our own people in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos disguising as Fulani herdsmen and kidnapping you in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos?!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by MetaPhysical: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
You raised a very good point and i hope this thread will attrack responses from intelligent people, not touts at Onitsha bridgehead with faded biafran tshirt and the yellow half sun is bleached pink.

I dont know about East but I can speak for West, that the places in SW where fulani herdsmen have attacked whether to kill, rape or kidnap are also places they visited and stopped to trade back when herdsmen carried sticks, not ak47. They go to terrains and familiar places. The people at these places are also familiar and can clearly distinguish fulani from non-fulani, even if the werey never opened his mouth.

On the issue of fear. Fulani bleeds like anyone else and its red blood. If you stab a fulani he will beg for mercy like any person. If you kneel him down with barrel of ak47 pointed in his skull he would offer all hes got if you could spare him. If you rape his woman in his face and make him watch it there isnt shiit he can do even when you pull out and skeet the ejaculation on her t1tties, her belly, her face and make her suck it from your dick. He is doomed....and is all because of a freaking loaded ak47. When you take weapons out of the equation, fist to fist....who can fulani terrorize, with his skinny self? Nobody! So ak47 can balance power or imbalance power. Ak47 to ak47, Yoruba vs Fulani, the mofo stands no chance.

This is why OPC has said it is ready for Fulani. The last time OPC did this kind of outing their own Yoruba governors who were supposed to defend them turned the other way and left them at mercy of FG to be picked up jailed and maltreated. They have learnt their lessons and is why they are reluctant to go in, defeat fulani, only to be persecuted by FG without support from their own leadership.

All Yorubas in fear of loss should put pressure on their governors, instead people are focusing on Buhari. Misplaced priority! The regional governors must protect the region, not Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by EmperorHarry: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Buda I've kept on saying this.The war is far beyond the Fulani herdsmen.There has always being tribalistic tension among the citizens of the country and all one needs to do is to the nudge people a little.The conspiracy is far bigger than we think it is.It's slowly building,deluding the masses and distorting the truth through media and hearsay.The Fulani herdsmen are becoming segregated and looked at with hate and condemnation.Either parties are consuming misleading information that is adding fuel to the flame and when the puppet masters are done. Nigeria would be no different from the northern African countries.It may take just months or years but if Nigerians and our govt don't act fast to neutralize this increasingly acidic situation,we would have only ourselves to blame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by Arda1000(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
You raised a very good point and i hope this thread will attrack responses from intelligent people, not touts at Onitsha bridgehead with faded biafran tshirt and the yellow half sun is bleached pink.

I dont know about East but I can speak for West, that the places in SW where fulani herdsmen have attacked whether to kill, rape or kidnap are also places they visited and stopped to trade back when herdsmen carried sticks, not ak47. They go to terrains and familiar places. The people at these places are also familiar and can clearly distinguish fulani from non-fulani, even if the werey never opened his mouth.

On the issue of fear. Fulani bleeds like anyone else and its red blood. If you stab a fulani he will beg for mercy like any person. If you kneel him down with barrel of ak47 pointed in his skull he would offer all hes got if you could spare him. If you rape his woman in his face and make him watch it there isnt shiit he can do even when you pull out and skeet the ejaculation on her t1tties, her belly, her face and make her suck it from your dick. He is doomed....and is all because of a freaking loaded ak47. When you take weapons out of the equation, fist to fist....who can fulani terrorize, with his skinny self? Nobody! So ak47 can balance power or imbalance power. Ak47 to ak47, Yoruba vs Fulani, the mofo stands no chance.

This is why OPC has said it is ready for Fulani. The last time OPC did this kind of outing their own Yoruba governors who were supposed to defend them turned the other way and left them at mercy of FG to be picked up jailed and maltreated. They have learnt their lessons and is why they are reluctant to go in, defeat fulani, only to be persecuted by FG without support from their own leadership.

All Yorubas in fear of loss should put pressure on their governors, instead people are focusing on Buhari. Misplaced priority! The regional governors must protect the region, not Buhari.
if ure not an Afonjanic Demon u would have made ur point without mentioning Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by EmperorHarry: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
When some deluded and tribalistic folks were calling for the herdsmen to be labelled terrorists by the govt.I laughed so hard at how thick and myopic Nigerians can be.It's like saying Europe and America should label all Muslims as terrorists because of the terrorist attacks perpetrated by a group of people.This would lead to a crisis that the world powers are aware of and try to contain but in Nigeria the president is accused of Islamizing Nigeria because of the tribal biases they have and not because they see the bigger picture for what it is.
I've told myself I wouldn't indulge in any degrading arguments related to this kinda subject.
Although my skeptical side is still open to the opposite being the actual truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 2:45am On Jun 30, 2019
Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by helinues: 5:25am On Jun 30, 2019
These same Fulani herdsmen have been living in southern part peacefully for so many years before the killers once arrived. What happened to the innocent ones among them?

RUGA is not a must for every state .. If you don't have it in your states, it simply means no herders will be allowed in such states which comes back to poor citizen..

The states government rejecting Ruga, hope they are ready to subsidized the price of cow meats when the price skyrockets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2019
Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by EricBloodAxe: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2019
[s]
budaatum:
I laugh! I laugh that people are so easily managed and controlled with fear of Fulani herdsmen. It must be the new hell, except eyes are opened and hell works no more so Fulani herdsmen replaces it with the belief that they put Allah in the cattle which when eaten converts you to Muslim, except it must be the unconscious accepted narrative amongst unthoughtful Nigerians. Yep, that must be it. Its also why you don't eat beef anymore in your fightback against the herd.

I truly laugh. I laugh that people believe Fulani herdsmen will go to Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos to kidnap anyone and the people in those places would do nothing. Ordinary my own Orolu Kingdom in Osun State no body born the Fulani herdsmen to kidnap anybody, for if they do, we will just institute a new festival called Chop Cow Till Your Belle Full, and ravage the Fulani herd while celebrating it. But people want it believed that only my own Orolu Kingdom has the chest to confront Fulani herdsmen and Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people no get chest at all.

I'm going to put it to you that when we, Oroluans, kidnap our own people, we will make sure those witnessing hear us speak what they think is Fulani. We will dress the part too, we are that cunning. And after we'd kidnapped, like smokescreen, they will report that Fulani herdsmen done it. It after all plays into a narrative that is easily believed, "Fulani are superhuman! They are coming to eat you!"

Personally, I don't think the Fulani herdsmen are yet born with the chest to kidnap down south. And I know how cunning we Oroluans can be. Besides, we love awoof meat. But perhaps people in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos are truly so weak and helpless that Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people would be terrorised in their own fathers land by Fulani herdsmen.

What I'd like you to consider is, are Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos people truly so cowardly that Fulani herdsmen will come and kidnap you in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos, or is it our own people in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos disguising as Fulani herdsmen and kidnapping you in Calabar, Ibadan, Onitsha and Lagos?!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 1:53am On Jul 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by ReubenE(m): 6:35am On Jul 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You asked for the input of intelligent people, yet you went ahead to describe a certain group of people in a very grotesque manner.
I don't think intelligent people do that when making contributions in a public discourse. Therefore you don't have any business with this thread because you failed to show the instincts of an intelligent person.

It is true that not all security breaches are perpetrated by Fulani Herdsmen. Hoodlums will always take advantage of emerging security problems. For example, when good people protest on the streets to register their displeasure over a government policy, miscreants also cease the opportunity to loot and destroy.

Locals kidnapping and killing under the guise of herders doesn't obliterate the fact that herders are the root of this ravaging security problem. Coupled with government's lackadaisical attitude, the problem has now become a hydra headed problem where ordinary thieves/criminals are now regarded as herders.

@OP, I want to ask if Yorubas, Igbos, and even your people in Orolu Kingdom take their COWS to destroy their own farmlands?

Report of COWS destroying farmlands, is it also a conspiracy by Yorubas and Igbos to label Fulanis as bad people?
The Fulani vigilante in Ondo state, is it the Yorubas or Igbos that constituted them? What makes you think Fulanis and by extension herders don't have the courage to kidnap in the South?
The self confessions of Miyetti Allah over this issue, is it a conspiracy by Yorubas and Igbos?

Herdsmen are responsible for this carnage because they are the underlying problem. When we're done with them, then we will go after any other person that is causing trouble

Regards

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2019
ReubenE:

@OP, I want to ask if Yorubas, Igbos, and even your people in Orolu Kingdom take their COWS to destroy their own farmlands?
Yes, my people take their 'cow' to destroy their own farmlands.

In the Orolu Kingdom, our farms are far from home and the roads were very narrow and we walked all day to get there that in the old days we will go at the beginning of the week and return on market day and Sunday. Now, the road is wide and tarred and modafuqas get on bike half hour and steal everything you planted.

You will argue that they are not cow, but they sure behave like lazy cows and destroy the work of sowers. And if you look hard on here too, you will see the herd of cows destroying!
Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by MetaPhysical: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2019
ReubenE:

You asked for the input of intelligent people, yet you went ahead to describe a certain group of people in a very grotesque manner.
I don't think intelligent people do that when making contributions in a public discourse. Therefore you don't have any business with this thread because you failed to show the instincts of an intelligent person.

It is true that not all security breaches are perpetrated by Fulani Herdsmen. Hoodlums will always take advantage of emerging security problems. For example, when good people protest on the streets to register their displeasure over a government policy, miscreants also cease the opportunity to loot and destroy.

Locals kidnapping and killing under the guise of herders doesn't obliterate the fact that herders are the root of this ravaging security problem. Coupled with government's lackadaisical attitude, the problem has now become a hydra headed problem where ordinary thieves/criminals are now regarded as herders.

Report of COWS destroying farmlands, is it also a conspiracy by Yorubas and Igbos to label Fulanis as bad people?
The Fulani vigilante in Ondo state, is it the Yorubas or Igbos that constituted them? What makes you think Fulanis and by extension herders don't have the courage to kidnap in the South?
The self confessions of Miyetti Allah over this issue, is it a conspiracy by Yorubas and Igbos?

Herdsmen are responsible for this carnage because they are the underlying problem. When we're done with them, then we will go after any other person that is causing trouble

Regards

It is very clear indeed that Fulani is the terror in the South. Since Afenifere opened heat on macban and Northern Elders, not another single killing has been recorded in SW and the herdsmen are still there in the bush grazing and in tow with their ak47. Why has their atrocities suddenly ceased?

If this was an act of robbery, robbers do not have an organized voice that speak for them like macban and Northern Elders does for herdsmen....and the killings and kidnaps would not have suddenly stopped.

I dont know how to talk about fulani decently. Your ethnic brand is grotesque and savage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fear of Fulani Herdsmen and Cows! by budaatum: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I dont know how to talk about fulani decently. Your ethnic brand is grotesque and savage.
Then don't ask others to do what you yourself have difficulty doing. We are imperfect humus like you.

(1) (Reply)

See How Senator Dino Melaye Laid His Mum To Rest In An Epic Style / Borno And Yobe Enjoyed Uninterrupted Power Supply For Six Weeks / Protest Rocks APC Secretariat Over Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.