Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) - TV/Movies (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) (5019906 Views)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Grand Finale And Winner Announcement (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (8320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by meobizy(f): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
Biggie2206:

One word, women hate themselves... grin grin grin grin
Sentence.

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
philip0906:

This doesn't make any sense sorry. You're making a mole hill out out nothing. They voted for whom they deemed fit-irrespective of sex. We've always had female HOH in previous shows. We might still have one this time around.

Stop been an alarmist over nothing. If there is any strong female contender with a great personality in there, even guys would vote for her.

This shouldn't be an avenue to advance feminist cause. It's just like swaying voters to vote a female winner just because we have never had one before.

People should be allowed to vote for whatever and whoever and not be judged under the lens of sex, feminism and what not.

Jacky and Khaffi both seem like strong women with great personalities why didn't any other women vote for them?

I'm not trying to advance any feminist cause. Actually, if you are perceptive enough and not quick to spew banal liberal platitudes, you would realise that my question is geared at unveiling a hole in the feminist argument concerning power and female representation.

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

[s]Women will not vote for a woman because you think that is feminism. That is in fact sexist.

The idea is to give everyone a level playing ground. Which BBN did by not restricting the HOH title to a particular gender (m). Anything that follows , can be looked upon as individuals excising their franchise.

They won't vote for a woman who isn't capable because she is a woman, that isn't feminism. If there are capable women, she would be voted for by people, for her qualities...which should be everything but her vagina.

Leadership is subjective. I do not see anyone of those ladies as having that ability. They all lack depth and charisma.

Once again, stop looking for what is mot lost.[/s]

Someone with a brain should respond to my question please.

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Biggie2206: 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
meobizy:

Sentence.

Oga carry yourself go literature thread. grin grin grin
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
MamBi:

I think her curves have always ensured she is noticed but there are some other housemates whose curves have knocked her for a loop. Even as barrister lawyer, others are ignoring her ability to "state case". Its as if she gets quieter and quieter as the days pass. She needs to make a good alliance and get her confidence back or re-strategise.
Hehe she is on a long thing. I like her face, physique, she is a fine girl but almost unnoticeable. We need the fire and thunder she promised, or she may just be another Ahneeka. Or maybe this is her strategy? Lets see what happens next week.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
XML33:

More like, someone who wants to get migraine from back and forth.

12 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by philip0906(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
XML33:

Jacky and Khaffi both seem like strong women with great personalities why didn't any other women vote for them?

I'm not trying to advance any feminist cause. Actually, if you are perceptive enough and not quick to spew banal liberal platitudes, you would realise that my question is geared at unveiling a hole in the feminist argument concerning power and female representation.
There's absolutely no hole to unveil anywhere. Did we have female contestants in the last General elections? Yes we did. Did they win? No. Did they loose because they were women or women didn't want to vote their fellow women? No

Have we ever had female HOH in Big brother? Yes we have. You have no case.

You're making a molehill out of nothing.simple
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
genius43:

Is it a thing with lawyers?
She can’t play that Cee-c card sha. Ko le werk

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by sukhothai: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
XML33:

grin

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Biggie2206:

One word, women hate themselves... grin grin grin grin

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it would be that deep down women consider men as better leaders than themselves and if a man and a woman of equal qualifications were put forward for a position of power, the typical woman would lean towards the man, even though she may be swayed by the mantra of rabid feminists who have a marxist agenda to say otherwise. This isn't a far fetched position when you consider the fact that women tend to gravitate towards men they consider as more powerful than themselves. The perception of the ideal male as a leader figure is a trait that's deeply wired in the psychology of women.

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Stephlena:
Hmmm,once they're free the first thing is to grab brush oh!
Their mouths have been busy with snacks na lol
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
styrese:
I hope she is just observing to serve the pepper in due time, to think second coming of Esther BBA hotshots( small pepper) go make brain sef.
Maybe, just maybe.
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
Stephlena:
Jeff and kimoprah fit sha
Noo cry

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by WetSmoke: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Avala always looking like she just finished crying or just woke up from sleep.

8 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by 77up(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Haaa wariis dis??what did I miss ?? Only to tune in now and meet with deaf n dumb house mates grin

I don increase my volume finish b4 I knw sey something is wronggrin

Chai see thread on catapult mode abi Na bullet mode sef , I rebuke all the spirit of checking back page 100 to page 3000 this season grin

Cuteness everywhere in the house kiss
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by eksbabe(f): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Women will not vote for a woman because you think that is feminism. That is in fact sexist.

The idea is to give everyone a level playing ground. Which BBN did by not restricting the HOH title to a particular gender (m). Anything that follows , can be looked upon as individuals excising their franchise.

They won't vote for a woman who isn't capable because she is a woman, that isn't feminism. If there are capable women, she would be voted for by people, for her qualities...which should be everything but her vagina.

Leadership is subjective. I do not see anyone of those ladies as having that ability. They all lack depth and charisma.

Once again, stop looking for what is mot lost.
I do not agree with this but that’s your opinion

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
eksbabe:
I do not agree with this but that’s your opinion

You honestly do not have to. That is your opinion. "Leadership is subjective" wink
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by meobizy(f): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
XML33:

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it would be that deep down women consider men as better leaders than themselves and if a man and a woman of equal qualifications were put forward for a position of power, the typical woman would lean towards the man, even though she may be swayed by the mantra of rabid feminists who have a marxist agenda to say otherwise. This isn't a far fetched position when you consider the fact that women tend to gravitate towards men they consider as more powerful than themselves. The perception of the ideal male as a leader figure is a trait that's deeply wired in the psychology of women.

An easy way to test this is to throw a random man and woman into a wilderness.
In only a couple of hours the woman will naturally lean to the man as the leader and provider.
We are advanced and change society to suit ideals but nature always reverts mindsets back to factory settings.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by ibkayee(f): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
WetSmoke:
Avala always looking like she just finished crying or just woke up from sleep.
Lool she does, bless her

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nelson is now on Esther case

Smh

Very stupid move
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
XML33:

What qualities makes a person capable of leading and why do you think none of the ladies possess those qualities?

I'm not looking for what is lost. I'm asking a simple question which neither you nor IamJ has answered which is: Why is it that at a time when women all around the world are clamouring for female representation in positions of power and blaming this lack of representation on patriarchal bulwarks set up by power hungry men, why then did none of the female housemates who I presume are informed and aware of this movement and the arguments put forward in support of the movement, not vote for a single woman when the opportunity presented itself?
okay long story short

The ladies weren't interested

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by meobizy(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
I’m sure a lot of the male housemates have run up to three hundred pushups without realizing.
Na their kind of pushups sweet pass: you have fun while staying fit.
The women are also not left out with the many squats, crunches and knee pushups.
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
Guy man went from Tasha to Diane, now it's Esther

2moro he will be rubbing body on khafi
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
philip0906:

There's absolutely no hole to unveil anywhere. Did we have female contestants in the last General elections? Yes we did. Did they win? No. Did they loose because they were women or women didn't want to vote their fellow women? No

Have we ever had female HOH in Big brother? Yes we have. You have no case.

You're making a molehill out of nothing.simple

Some people would argue that enshrined biases in the Nigerian society about women not being considered as leadership material at the presidential level was one of the reasons why a woman didn't win the election and I'd concede that such arguments are indeed legitimate arguments and that they reveal a reality that's underlaid by a lot of factors. This isn't a black and white issue. It has a lot of grey areas. And using this as a point to buttress your argument reveals the lack of nuance in your thought process.

We've had a many female heads of house but they became HOH by winning tasks. So I do have a case.
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
Oshe dairy room is ready

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by akthedream2019: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
BIGGIE..... SIR-DEE,REPORT TO THE DIARY ROOM

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Giel: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
Sir Dee.
Report to the diary room shocked

Is it finally ready? shocked

Our first diary session?

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
meobizy:
I’m sure a lot of the make housemates have run up to three hundred pushups without realizing.
Na their kind of pushups sweet pass: you have fun while staying fit.
show off that's what they are doing

Guy man wen no fit do 3 self go dey collect their babes
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Biggie2206: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
iamJ:
Guy man went from Tasha to Diane, now it's Esther

2moro he will be rubbing body on khafi

That might be his strategy, why are you having a problem with that?
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Giel: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
FINALLY cheesy cheesy cheesy

A diary session
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by iamJ(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
Biggie2206:

That might be his strategy, why are you having a problem with that?
ashamed of him as a guy man

But bad Belle follow too
Re: BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) by Biggie2206: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
iamJ:
ashamed of him as a guy man

But bad Belle follow too

Lmao... cheesy grin

Why na?

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (8320) (Reply)

BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.