Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Livestock Transformation Development Plan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Livestock Transformation Development Plan (6133 Views)

Lalong Asks Buhari To Revive Livestock Transformation Plan To Stem Insecurity / Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, Anambra and Ebonyi  Embrace Fg’s Livestock Transformation Plan / FG Hasn’t Suspended Livestock Transformation Plan —presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Wickedfacts: 9:41am On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Another heap of baseless lies born out of bias. But like fg said, its not by force. At least u guys opposing won't ave d mouth to cry tomorrow. Don't expect govt to employ ur youths to work in d ranches o. Keep ur land and purchase ur meat from Israel!

Can the Sultan give me land to rear pigs in Sokoto? Or don't your Hisbah police destroy alcoholic drinks? Why do you want to foolishly force what you can't take on others?

So, giving you our land is a pre-requisite for selling your diseased meat to us? No wonder those who sent you on this foolish errand are eternally backwards.

Now, listen and listen good. Poverty can't allow the fulanis can't afford to eat the cattle they produce. Go to the North. How often do they eat meat with their food? The bulk of the agricultural and meat products in the North go to those who can afford to buy it and it comes to the south.

Lagos alone consumes about 12k heads of cattle per day and double of that on weekends. If you ever make the mistake of letting your foolishness and arrogance cause Southern States to start raising and ranching their own cattle, that's the end. The fulanis have become eternally useless in this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Fidelismaria: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2019
Efewestern:
Over the years the Fulanis have attracted hate and distrust towards their ethnicity, normally issue such as this wouldn't have been a difficult one to accept, but looking at history and how these people have committed so many heinous crimes, it will be suicidal to allow any Fulani settlement in your state or region.

There are ways things such as these are being done in developed countries, cattle rearing is a private business and as such the owners of such cattle should buy some piece of land and set up a ranch, that's the best way to go.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2019
lastmessenger:
Reverend king and Evans are in jail. Should we release them and give them presidential treatment?
As long as the ruga is confined to your north Igbo's we do not give a fu..ck

You are always the first to boast, and also the first to cry like spoilt babies cheesy
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Another heap of baseless lies born out of bias. But like fg said, its not by force. At least u guys opposing won't ave d mouth to cry tomorrow. Don't expect govt to employ ur youths to work in d ranches o. Keep ur land and purchase ur meat from Israel!

Mention one enterprise the Nigeria government has run successfully? It is those RUGA states that will cry tomorrow not those that rejected them.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Aren't u just a bundle of hate and all this wrong with this country

And you Fulanis are bundles of love. Keep your love, while we keep out hate. After all, we have nothing in common.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2019
Oshigun:

Indeed. Did herdsmen problem start today or has it existed for decades? Nigerians need to start eschewing hate and partisan outlook to note what matters. If this effort can bring a permanent solution to clashes between herdsmen and farmers/members of community, then why can we not look at it positively if we are progressive people genuinely desirous of a great Nigeria driven by innovative and permanent solutions to problems that has bedevilled us for many decades?

When some people want to claim ownership of Lagos, Abuja and virtually every State of Nigeria they will argue they are Nigerians with a right to live/work anywhere. With legal agreements in place, why can Fulani herdsmen not breed their Cattle anywhere in Nigeria and why the double standard from some who want to enjoy freedom of movement and trading in all States of Nigeria but see nothing wrong in denying Fulanis of same when they too are traders with the difference only been the commodity traded i.e Cattle in this case.

I hope the people you alluded to that claim ownership of Lagos and Abuja were built settlements, shopping complexes and factories by federal government. I also hope that you go about killing every immagined opposition and raping their hosts' women.
What a hatefully weak comparison. I know you are a Youruba Muslim. Go ahead and advocate louder for RUGA to be established throughout SW so that you cut your own nose to spite your face.
Onuku!

3 Likes

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Ruga is not a gift to Fulani's. Its a federal govt project for cattle ranching. But d activities are not limited to ranching. I wish nigerians can wake up and think logically instead of knee jerk emotional reactions based on bias and zero evidence. This is a project that will put food on the table, money in the pocket and jobs for d unemployed. But all these people can focus on is Fulani tribe. Sad really

APC has denied SE all benefits and appointments since 2015. Where is this love and goodwill for food on table, money in pockets and jobs suddenly coming from? Are you forgetting we did not vote APC? Deny us RUGA too. We will be fine as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
Lightening:

APC has denied SE all benefits and appointments since 2015. Where is this love and goodwill for food on table, money in pockets and jobs suddenly coming from? Are you forgetting we did not vote APC? Deny us RUGA too. We will be fine as usual.

There is no eastern state among the pioneering 11. So I don't get what u are blabing
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
Lightening:

And you Fulanis are bundles of love. Keep your love, while we keep out hate. After all, we have nothing in common.

Am not Fulani. Stop talking trash
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
Lightening:

Mention one enterprise the Nigeria government has run successfully? It is those RUGA states that will cry tomorrow not those that rejected them.

And who told u it will be run by fg?
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by lastmessenger: 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

You are always the first to boast, and also the first to cry like spoilt babies cheesy
keep your ruga in your northern land. We don't care. We have been marginalized since after the civil war and we are doing alright. We don't want terrorist to infest our land.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by EmperorHarry: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
It's not only Fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.Ive resigned from counterproductive arguments with dimwits blinded by tribal bias.I'm pretty sure the govt doesn't give a sh!t about this cyber noisemakers that don't think objectively.It's not every dog that barks that you throw stones at.The govt would do what's best for the country in my opinion cos segregation isn't a good option as it would support the idea that we're different people and should treated differently.It starts with Fulani herdsmen before you know it,ethnic diversity becomes a no no.Imagine if all non northern farmers are asked to leave the north and go to their state.Its this same deluded people that would be screaming tribalism,but don't see what they're doing now.
Oshigun and blackpanda if you have the energy to have counterproductive discussions with deluded folks then I support you.More oil on your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

And who told u it will be run by fg?

Which agency is championing the creation of RUGA settlements?
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Am not Fulani. Stop talking trash

Can you be a Fulan? Afonja cowards are the slaves that defend their brave Fulanis masters.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

There is no eastern state among the pioneering 11. So I don't get what u are blabing

The states that their names were included in the RUGA are kicking against it. They appear not to be interested in the RUGA benefits you are canvassing. They want SW to enjoy them alone.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
EmperorHarry:
It's not only Fulanis that rear cattle in Nigeria.Ive resigned from counterproductive arguments with dimwits blinded by tribal bias.I'm pretty sure the govt doesn't give a sh!t about this cyber noisemakers that don't think objectively.It's not every dog that barks that you throw stones at.The govt would do what's best for the country in my opinion cos segregation isn't a good option as it would support the idea that we're different people and should treated differently.It starts with Fulani herdsmen before you know it,ethnic diversity becomes a no no.Imagine if all non northern farmers are asked to leave the north and go to their state.Its this same deluded people that would be screaming tribalism,but don't see what they're doing now.
Oshigun and blackpanda if you have the energy to have counterproductive discussions with deluded folks then I support you.More oil on your head.

Fulani herders should go and source private ranches & facilities like other herdersmen and business men everywhere without latching on government for freebies thereby heating up the country unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by duncun: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by EmperorHarry: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
Lightening:

Fulani herders should go and source private ranches & facilities like other herdersmen and business men everywhere without latching on government for freebies thereby heating up the country unnecessarily.
If it was a southern president providing this solution would you say all this? Would you accuse him of trying to "islamize" the country? If it was your people,would you lack any empathy towards their plight because of the actions of a few riff raffs?
Same thing that wanted to happen when kanu tried to break up SE from Nigeria.This is the same place we're heading to if we don't carefully resolve this issue without subjective influence.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Lightening:

I hope the people you alluded to that claim ownership of Lagos and Abuja were built settlements, shopping complexes and factories by federal government. I also hope that you go about killing every immagined opposition and raping their hosts' women.
What a hatefully weak comparison. I know you are a Youruba Muslim. Go ahead and advocate louder for RUGA to be established throughout SW so that you cut your own nose to spite your face.
Onuku!

Yeah. Yoruba Muslim is the automatic label you tag everyone who does not agree with you. Bro, business is business whether it is manufacturing or Cattle rearing so don't come here talking ignorantly. The issue is that there should be clearly demarcated ranches for herdsmen to rear their Cattle. They are entitled to conduct their Cattle rearing anywhere in Nigeria if they engage the authorities in every State legitimately and refrain from acts of violence.

Is it not the same way you Igbos tell us you are free to carry out your activities throughout Nigeria as long as the Nation remains one? If measures are put in place , short and long term, to curb the killing of innocent Nigerians by herdsmen then I have no problem with them grazing tbeir cattle in designated ranches with strict control.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by budaatum: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d question. If its going 2b so successful as u say, y does d FG not want to start d programme in d states of origin of d Fulani herdsmen? Or do these Fulani herdsmen not have states of origin?
You are the one missing the point. The name, Ruga, is propaganda. The Livestock Transformation Development Plan is not for Fulani only since anyone can buy land and set up a ranch, and it is in fact anti-fulani since it means they can't just roam around letting their disease ridden cattle eat other people's crops and woud now have to buy land to keep their cattle and buy feed for them too.

The current herding of cattle is inefficient, deflates meat production and keeps prices high. It spreads diseases to other cattle. My ranch in Osun State was devastated due to this. It didn't matter how well my cattle were, contact with Fulani roaming cattle just killed it. This plan will encourage university graduates who have learnt animal husbandry to take over from archaic uneducated Fulani and set up 21st century ranches and increase production and profit. Like I said in the op, 'honey' and not 'lemon'.

As for Federal Government appropriating land in states, I suggest you listen to the spokesperson for Benue State to learn the position of the constitution on land. Ranching is an individual venture, and not an Fg sponsored business. See below, what we are trying to avoid. In my Orolu Kingdom, which is on the way to Ogbomosho and the major cattle market in Jebba, and with a lot of fertile land thats good for grazing, we had to pass laws that they can only move cattle after 1am and be off the streets by 5am.

If anyone has a link to anywhere this policy came from my bubu, please post it so I can read it. All I'm seeing is "he said", and smoke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qgcA4G39ac

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by budaatum: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
Esseite:

Other Tribes can breed cows on their own if they so hunger for beef. majority have seen the mayhem of the fulani herders and the docile attitude of the govt towards them. It's obvious the settlements would be segregated to 95% fulani territories and eventually turned villages.

The settlements of the military era, are they still called settlements?
Yes, what you call Ruga will be settlements, but this is precisely the distortion I mentioned. It is not a Ruga Plan since not all cattle herders are Fulani, and FG cannot just sequester land in states!

We Nigerians seriously need to understand that we, each of us, is governing Nigeria, and help government come up with appropriate solutions, instead of bath watering the baby. But I do understand how almost impossible it is to for some to know the powers they yield, and the cost of having to show you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by EmperorHarry: 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
budaatum:

We Nigerians seriously need to understand that we, each of us, is governing Nigeria, and help government come up with appropriate solutions, instead of bath watering the baby. But I do understand how almost impossible it is to for some to know the powers they yield, and the cost of having to show you.
Word buda... Word!

1 Like

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by GreyLaw(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
Esseite:

Were the Ijaw towns gifted or were they once called IJAW fish settlements?

I understand its normal to fight for your people, its equally normal on the other end aswell.

God bless you for giving those hypocrites a good argument. I don't bother arguing with them because they are not just hypocrites, but also wicked.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by iJhoe(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Oshigun:

Indeed. Did herdsmen problem start today or has it existed for decades? Nigerians need to start eschewing hate and partisan outlook to note what matters. If this effort can bring a permanent solution to clashes between herdsmen and farmers/members of community, then why can we not look at it positively if we are progressive people genuinely desirous of a great Nigeria driven by innovative and permanent solutions to problems that has bedevilled us for many decades?

When some people want to claim ownership of Lagos, Abuja and virtually every State of Nigeria they will argue they are Nigerians with a right to live/work anywhere. With legal agreements in place, why can Fulani herdsmen not breed their Cattle anywhere in Nigeria and why the double standard from some who want to enjoy freedom of movement and trading in all States of Nigeria but see nothing wrong in denying Fulanis of same when they too are traders with the difference only been the commodity traded i.e Cattle in this case.

Good!
by the conduct of such professions as you claim. Was there a settlement that binds such professsion or speculations by the said FG. Where you go for business is your personal business for COL. Nobody stopped the fulanis from going about their businessess except for the havoc they wreak on their host. Is it the FG biz to create their settlement at what expense? They should create their ranch themselves if u want rear cattle that is what should be law binding

Reason for once please
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by Lightening: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Oshigun:

Yeah. Yoruba Muslim is the automatic label you tag everyone who does not agree with you. Bro, business is business whether it is manufacturing or Cattle rearing so don't come here talking ignorantly. The issue is that there should be clearly demarcated ranches for herdsmen to rear their Cattle. They are entitled to conduct their Cattle rearing anywhere in Nigeria if they engage the authorities in every State legitimately and refrain from acts of violence.

Is it not the same way you Igbos tell us you are free to carry out your activities throughout Nigeria as long as the Nation remains one? If measures are put in place , short and long term, to curb the killing of innocent Nigerians by herdsmen then I have no problem with them grazing tbeir cattle in designated ranches with strict control.

Balderdash. Let fulani go and provide their own business facilities like any other Nigerian. Is anyone stopping them from doing their business in any part of Nigeria? Let them just do it in line with the grazing laws of their hosts.
As for SW, i know your big bum ladies love Fulani bulala. You guys can have all of the Fulanis. Idiots.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by NkayStory(f): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
lastmessenger:
listen and be attentive. History is there for us to learn from and avoid future mistakes. The antecedent of the Fulani's as a trouble making people are evident for a to see.
Please if you want to ruga please ruga in your North for all I care. Are you not the same people who boast of your large land mass? Is the land mass of Niger State state not more than that of the whole south east combined together? Why looking for lands in where you cannot find it?
If you want to ruga please ruga in your North. You can bring the meat with your truck to us and we would buy.

Oshigun is a yoruba APC boy,not a Northerner.

.,but i understand why you made that mistake because of the senseless way he is defending RUGA rubbish,with the hope that his god tinubu will be loved by fulanis and voted in 2023.
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by NkayStory(f): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
blackpanda:

Good,and keep it that way!
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 5:43am On Jul 01, 2019
Lightening:

Nobody included u in ruga before. Ur appointments and benefits are in Cameroon
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by AZeD1(m): 6:22am On Jul 01, 2019
blackpanda:

Ruga is not a gift to Fulani's. Its a federal govt project for cattle ranching. But d activities are not limited to ranching. I wish nigerians can wake up and think logically instead of knee jerk emotional reactions based on bias and zero evidence. This is a project that will put food on the table, money in the pocket and jobs for d unemployed. But all these people can focus on is Fulani tribe. Sad really
It's 2019 why is the federal government interested in ranching?

If I decide to start a farm today, I'll go and buy land in which I plan to use on farming and that is the same way anyone who wants to rear cattle should buy his own land and build his ranch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by blackpanda: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2019
AZeD1:

It's 2019 why is the federal government interested in ranching?

If I decide to start a farm today, I'll go and buy land in which I plan to use on farming and that is the same way anyone who wants to rear cattle should buy his own land and build his ranch.

A ranch is not a farm. We are talking investments of over 100million. That is not a project u expect a cattle rearer to be able to do. Meanwhile herdsmen/farmers clashes rages on all around the country. Not to talk of mass unemployment and poverty. What do u expect fg to do?:He reasonable. I hope those who are shouting against ranching gdont expect to be employed by fg on those ranches tho
Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by HappyPagan: 9:34am On Jul 01, 2019
Thanks for this thread.. given me some enlightenment on the topic.

@budaatum, watching the first few minutes of the interview with the Benue man... he alleges that construction of the 'colonies' began before getting the government's approval.If true, wouldn't this be illegal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livestock Transformation Development Plan by budaatum: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2019
HappyPagan:
Thanks for this thread.. given me some enlightenment on the topic.

@budaatum, watching the first few minutes of the interview with the Benue man... he alleges that construction of the 'colonies' began before getting the government's approval.If true, wouldn't this be illegal?
I doubt it could be true. Fg wouldn't exactly know which land were free unless the state tells them. The Benue man states the law that shows fg will be acting illegally by so doing is my point. Fg cannot just sequester land in any state without the states approval.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(video) Bola Tinubu Release Another Banger, Shettima Looks Away Codedly / Boko Haram Robs Two Northern Banks And Gives Money To The Poor / FG Will Not Reinstate Justice Salami – Minister Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.