Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,258 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. (1156 Views)

Check Out This Property 1plot Of Land And A Building Inside See Details. / What Is Happening To Property Section / *~ Ajileko Voted Property Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by ajileko: 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
I can no longer find useful information on building projects etc without going thru "LAND FOR SALE" or bunch of BS. SEUN & LAWYER, can we do something about this? Because ,
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by lawyer(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Good day Sir, I have tried my best to try and even regulate it and sort them out rather i am being criticized for being biased to agents, deleting their posts and banning them when i have done nothing as such. So its getting harder to contain the agents and their adverts thereby suppressing good property articles. Ideas will be welcome to handle this issue without being tagged a dictator or tyrant for doing so.

Cheers
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by sunnyjz: 12:09am On Oct 08, 2010
you can do something about it, its hard to find anything useful. create a sub section for those selling properties might help. the holatunji guy is annoying. why cant he create one single thread and put all his properties there so we can see them in one centralized location.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by ajileko: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2010
Let me think about it, LAWYER. I will see what I can come up with. Anyway, you are still doing a good job and I hope to see you soon.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by ajileko: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
Yes lawyer, like sunny said, we cancreate a sub-section under the property section and call it something like "properties for sale" just like how the Romance section is sub divided.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by james1(m): 6:49am On Oct 09, 2010
Ajileko and sunny.what are you lookiing for that you can't find?since everything is centralised;you simply have to scroll and get what you are looking for!
I have had calls for property advert I forgot I even put in nairaland!!!if those potential client's are not determined they will not look that far and hard and case in point;everthing is labelled"property"so don't blame any surveyor/valuer/realtor/agent/marketer that is trying to put his business where customer's can find them.it is the duty of the seller to put his/her business in his/her customer's"nose"
Pls you have the duty to skip what you don't want to read;many of these poster's didn't stumble on nairaland,they were told by people and encouraged to come.
@barr matto.you are not doing badly but you must understand that a moderator's job is very tasking,brace up for more,pls no bad blood for people who critise you even when they are wrong'you must be seen to be very deplomatic at all time,I didn't like the way you addressed mrs adeleye of adorn homes,abujabooks.I was very embarrassed that you typed like that!matthew you own that lady an apology.she made an observation,it is up to you to clear wooded areas to her;you are the moderator and at such the one that must get almost all the heat.that lady is a nairaland"oldskul" and had marketed nairaland vigorously like me,a lot of them I no longer see their post.many of us had benefited from nairaland at such can not allow the people that ensured seun benefit's as well go away.
You are the number one marketer on nairaland;you put your advise to all land buyer's cum"notice me"post(lol)as topmost.I bet you have had many customer's through this.no hard feeling's;there are certain thing's that come with certain position's in life,you are benefiting becourse you are the MOD,have it in mind that the critism and sometime's  pointless"bashings"are some of the thing's that follow your position so just develope a thick skin.
Pls unban poster's as fast as you can and keep moving the neccessary post to the right place's,it is a MOD's job; becourse you are the one with the password,not the rest of us.
To make thing's easier for people who say they can't see what they are looking for;you may need to sectionalise every thing,for example:under property we will have thing's like,SALE'S:land,flat's and house's.BUILDING MATERIAL:where seller's of material's can be or advertise.RENOVATION:where painter's and their like can advertise.LOGISTIC'S:freight for people moving house's and so on.all done in very colourful style's.am only a mail or call away,Seun if you want my advise on how you can take nairaland to height's where facebook and the other's are.not to worry;I will be very fair with my charge's,you may pay later.you know,that is intellectual property.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by james1(m): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2010
Abujabooks et the rest of you who no longer post,pls come back;your presence is felt and sourly missed.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by sunnyjz: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2010
what am i looking for here? its simple i am looking at buying a property or a full plot of land at decent price. that's why i come here to shop for a better deal but its hard for potential buyers like me cant shop around because we got certain people who choose to spam the entire section with bunch of properties.how can you skip three pages of the same five posters posting their properties, based on your stupid logic everyone has to skip bunch of threads just to see the next thread. like i said if holatunji has 2o properties for sale why cant he put all those 20 properties for sale all in one thread instead of creating 2o different threads for 20 different properties. its not about knocking down his hustle but you have to clean this place and make it easier for everybody to navigate. i believe that is a win-win situation for everybody. there are people who come here just to get advise about their properties give them a chance also.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by lawyer(m): 1:04am On Oct 10, 2010
@james 1

What did i write against abujabooks? What did i do to her? I understand criticisms but for no reason she started attacking me for banning her or deleting her posts while i did nothing of such. We are even closer than we are on nairaland and i was expecting here to either call me personally or mail me if she had an issue with me personally rather than come online to bash me for no reason what so ever. I was just commenting on the spate of spamming going on here and the need to regulate the way posters abuse this forum. In case you didnt read what she wrote, please read it well here again https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=513550.msg6856391#msg6856391 and see my simple reply. 2 Sentences!

1. I dont ban anybody

2. I dont delete any post

All am interested is making the property forum functional for both agents to post their property bulletins and for readers to see their articles they need.

Cheers
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by james1(m): 1:37am On Oct 10, 2010
Very well.
Am not in support of spamming.
We all want nairaland to be a better site.
Member's engaged in crazy repitition should please stop it.holatunjii and co.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by Tisa: 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
Good day all,

Can anyone here help me with information regarding any developer or company that allocate housing units to builders in an approved estate in Abuja that requires the builders to help build the houses and they (the developer or company) pays them after inspecting the buildings. I was told of a scheme like this in Abuja but i want to find out from you friends on this site so that i dont fall prey to fraudsters.
Please do reply by sending a mail to tisanigeria@yahoo.com or tisanigeria@gmail.com. I will appreciate ur help in this regard.

Thanks.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
The moderator should add a library to address this issue. Check the auto section for tips.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by liftedone(f): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
Or @ Seun, why not create a Property Market like you have a Technology Market? I think most agents prefer to post in the real NL instead of Nairalist, I haven't checked out nairalist myself so I can understand that.

The trend in the property section almost smacks of desperation when you find that an agent starts a new thread for the same property that was posted a day before. It can get very confusing, and even as an agent it gives me a headache.
Re: This Property Section Is Now Commercialized. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Seun

Naw, Lawyer knows the right thing, hes just too busy pushing his "Hidden Treasures" into the face of anyone who visits the property forum, selling his services, and deleting any intelligent post that could take the credit from his.
This is the only section in Nairaland where the moderator is the Alpha and Omega. The Refree, the fighter, and the winner.
Its a shame, and we blame those on top when we let our greed for profit get the best of us, even to the level of playing so down right low.
Seun, please monitor this forum tightly, we need more growth, not people dropping out, If anything fishy happens, im gonna let you know incase! Thanks for hearing all our complaints! I hope those libraries are created soon.

(1) (Reply)

Farm Land For Sale / We Design & Build Residential Homes (affordable) / For Sale: A Brand New 5bedroom Fully Detached House @ Ikeja Gra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.