Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ (26435 Views)

What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos / Osun Election: Nigerians Are Watching Closely – Saraki Tells INEC / I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by silverbirdng(f): 8:41am On Jun 30, 2019
Former Senate President Bukola Saraki says the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, visited him in 2016 and begged him to ensure that he was confirmed by the Senate.

Saraki added that he explained to Magu that the Department of State Services had written a letter to the upper chamber of the National Assembly accusing the EFCC boss of corruption and being unfit to hold the office and thus should not be confirmed.

Saraki’s letter was written in response to a previous letter written by the EFCC to the chief judge.

The EFCC in a letter sent to Abdu-Kafarati, on May 21, accused Justice Taiwo Taiwo of being biased against it.

However, in a protest letter signed by Magu, the EFCC requested the re-assignment of the two ex-governors’ cases and all other ones involving it in the judge’s docket to another judge of the court.

In his own letter, however, Saraki said the EFCC was after him because Magu believed he had a hand in his confirmation.

The letter read in part, “Your Lordship, Mr. Magu after his nomination, came to see me pleading that I should do my best to help him during the screening process. During that meeting, I made it clear that I had no objection to his nomination and revealed to him, in confidence that he needed to go and clear himself with the DSS because the report on him was unfavourable.

“In fact, I bent backwards to let him read the content of the indicting security report submitted on him.

Also, I decided to delay the screening to give him ample time to get the DSS to change the report. As it eventually turned out, he was unable to get the adverse DSS report reversed.”

He said the DSS actually sent two reports against Magu and it was the belief of the agency that confirming the nomination of such a man would be inimical to the war against corruption.

The former Senate President wrote, “My Lord, Mr. Magu is after me because he feels that as the President of the 8th Senate, I was responsible for the non-confirmation of his appointment, whereas the reason his appointment was not confirmed is all too familiar: an agency of the executive, which nominated him, the DSS, sent two reports to the Senate in which it categorically stated that Magu failed the integrity test, that his confirmation would shackle the EFCC from effectively tackling corruption in the country and hampering the anti-corruption drive of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.”

He said it was in a bid to ensure transparency that the Senate allowed Magu’s screening to be aired live on television.

Saraki, who was governor of Kwara State from 2003 to 2011, urged the CJ to ignore the EFCC’s request even as he added that all the allegations levelled against him were not different from the charges filed before the Code of Conduct Tribunal which were quashed by the Supreme Court.

The former Senate President said it was funny that of all the agencies which were restrained by the court, it was only the EFCC that was attacking a judicial officer for doing his job among the six defendants goes to show that the commission and its leadership are “unnecessarily mischievous, pugnacious and overzealous.”

He therefore asked the CJ to ignore the EFCC’s petition

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/magu-came-to-beg-me-for-confirmation-saraki-tells-cj/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2019
Of course, Nigerians know the truth

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by babdap: 8:57am On Jun 30, 2019
The table has turned against you

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by helinues: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2019
Omo baba Oloye, stop contradicting yourself.

If he begged you indeed, why you no forgive him? Or you mean you deliberately denied his confirmation because of your personal differences with him?

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Bighead9: 9:05am On Jun 30, 2019
Trash.
Magu will be confirmed in few months time, by this present Senate.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by ManspaceBarber(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2019
Story. Tell me more...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by franchasng: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2019
EFCC is corrupt just like Nigeria's Government!

I wonder why western nations haven't come to take over Nigeria under allegations of sponsoring and spreading global Islamic terrorism which Northern Nigeria seems to be their recent headquarters now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by dignity33: 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
MEDIA EFCC BUNCH OF LOOSERS WHEN THE CASE ENTER TRIAL NOW YOU HERE THAT EFCC ARE NOT READY LIKE FAYOSE CASE.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
Bighead9:
[s]Trash.
Magu will be confirmed in few months time, by this present Senate[/s].

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by F117nighthawk: 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
Nigerians of all shades and category are full of lies and deceit, any story that's not leaked or put in the open when it was fresh is all full of trash and falsehood, a whole saraki don turn to cheap blackmail, why say this now,when u had all the powers as a senate president u didn't say this,na now wey u don become ordinary citizen u dey rant. This your cheap sympathy no fit fool me

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by pat077: 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
All of una na the same

1 Like

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by BruncleZuma: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin

He will deny like clockwork
Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
Bighead9:
Trash.
Magu will be confirmed in few months time, by this present Senate.
but why do we still sound like dafts
Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Jobac: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
Saraki, go and answer EFCC, either Magu begged you in the past has nothing to do with the 1.2 billion Naira you stole, you will face the law. Look at this Yam Eater speaking rubbish! I expect corrupt PDP members to support Saraki as usual especially our people across River Niger.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by espeeroke: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
We know Buhari's anticorruption war is a ruse.

Buhari and Magu are legends of corruption.

As for the zombies, they have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot hear, senses but cannot reason. That's why, even while being killed and maimed, they continue to shout 'sai Baba' to six feet under the ground.

I trust Saraki, the man with rare tact, steel and intelligence he will take them to the cleaner again.

1 Like

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by 9jaBloke: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
Nigeria my Beloved Country. Everyone knows that Saraki, like most government officials is guilty of corruption and embezzlement. If EFCC nails him; one down, many to go.

I just want this anti-corruption war to be fought holistically. Investigate everyone that has held political office since the beginning of the Fourth Republic and everyone that has been petitioned (including Magu).

I have no sympathy for crimminals. If the law doesn't get them, karma will.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by SocialFinance: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
..... And the begging says go and steal or that you can steal and nobody will ask you question.

It's d begging that made you steal depositors money @ societal bank

It's simple vomit the yam or

tell us where you keep it, criminal with bloated ego. Ole barawo.

Nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
You're talking as if if this was a sane country, whether you and your kind would ever smell a governemt position.

1 Like

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by geosuzzy(f): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
That's bukky's style....he will do all he cud to frustrate his prosecution... Court order on top court order...so him jazz men go fit finish their work confuse n cast spell on any witness EFCC wan bring infact I wudnt be supprise if EFcc start contradicting itself in court grin na so CCB case scata

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by michoim(m): 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
Where is the evidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by brexit: 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
Foolish man why are you saying it now, you should be ashamed of yourself

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by ntyce(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
There's nothing wrong with him lobbying for his confirmation....
In as much as bribe wasn't offered

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by DSoj(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
Story. Go and answer your corruption case. THIEF
So Magu also begged U to steal billions? Ole
Barawo shege banza

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
so - no be so you call Osinbajo mere commissioner?

receive the karma

3 Likes

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by iswallker(m): 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Nigerians of all shades and category are full of lies and deceit, any story that's not leaked or put in the open when it was fresh is all full of trash and falsehood, a whole saraki don turn to cheap blackmail, why say this now,when u had all the powers as a senate president u didn't say this,na now wey u don become ordinary citizen u dey rant. This your cheap sympathy no fit fool me

Its not the first time he is saying it..

Everyone except you knows the DSS sent a negative report on magu - not once but twice..
Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by agro100(m): 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
what's the big deal. the word begged was just to ridicule him, he lobbied as you lobbied the PDP senators and few APC members to elect you as SP. so no crime in lobbying

if you've a clean case why are you telling public about the investigations levelled against you? if your case is politically motivated, court of law will vindicate you

so safe us this cries

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Came To Beg Me For Confirmation, Saraki Tells CJ by freshMallam1122: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
espeeroke:
We know Buhari's anticorruption war is a ruse.

Buhari and Magu are legends of corruption.

As for the zombies, they have eyes but cannot see, ears but cannot hear, senses but cannot reason. That's why, even while being killed and maimed, they continue to shout 'sai Baba' to six feet under the ground.

I trust Saraki, the man with rare tact, steel and intelligence he will take them to the cleaner again.
with person like you Nigeria cannot move forward it can only remain were it is.. u trust saraki yr sister husband baaa.. u dat cannot trust ur self.... let alone yr father..

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Colonial Masters, Says Bakare / Onnoghen’s Trial, Proof Of Deeper Rot In Judiciary – SANs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.