Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. (202 Views)

Muslims are oblivious of the Serious Flaws in the Taoheed (Oneness of Allah)! / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... / The Power And Victory Of The Cross! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. by TheWalkingMind: 9:04am On Jun 30, 2019
One question has always beset my mind ever since I have earned the courage to think for myself. Not only think, but be honest and objective in my opinions and position on everything relating to everything. Questioning, probing, examining and evaluating my stance and opinions before presenting them as gospel truth to anyone who happens to be my listener, reader or audience. In lieu, most of the things you will be reading here today may or may have not be taught anywhere before, or may if taught conflict with everything you have known. In any case, bear in mind that this is not meant to change what you know nor establish a new truth in your heart rather, it's an attempt to further deepen and widen your understanding of the cross, whatever preexisting knowledge you have of it.

One question like I said have always beset my mind, and that's the question of the cross. This question comes in questions. In the form of what and why. What is the cross? And why is the cross?

From the beginning man was made in the very image of God i.e in the form of God. Having intellect, pure and independent in their decisions. The reason for creating man is naked and bare for every mind to see and understand: man was created to fill the earth with themselves. In other words, the creation of mankind is to have more of God on earth, not as a spirit but as a being, full flesh establishing a kingdom of righteousness: a pure race of divine being; a colonization of the earth by God. Which is why in the Lord's prayer Jesus taught the will of God be done on earth as it is done in heaven. In heaven, every existing being has that purity and form in them which makes heaven a kingdom of God. In the preceeding clause, Christ taught "let the kingdom come." In this clause lies the answer to the question of what and why of the cross. This when tied to everything you have heard or known gives a refreshing meaning to the cross, and the cross begin to make sense to you.

As established, the purpose of creating mankind is to replicate the kingdom of God on earth. In other words fill earth with Gods, not Gods as subjects or equal to the supreme God but oneness in mind, soul and vision with the supreme being we call God. This purpose we say exist in the mind of God was defeated in the garden of Eden when mankind deviated from that oneness of mind, soul and vision choosing their own path to acquire knowledge that are sacred. In the scriptures before the cross we see Christ say in multiple affirmations that him and the Father are one." This oneness exist in the terms of their unity in the mind, soul, and purpose. Even so when God spoke of a man becoming one with his wife, he spoke in these terms of unity(unity in mind, soul, purpose, and vision) which speaking of, mankind in his juvenile years failed to maintain and as such deviated from. As a consequence of action this suspended the grand plan of creation which is the establishment of God's kingdom on earth. The making of divine beings who are one in mind, soul, vision and purpose.

At the fall mankind inherited a nature of sin(This will be discussed in subsequent topics). In simple words mankind now have a tendency to further sway from that grand vision of God (which made God sorry to ever have created mankind). The action of man as we said suspended in temporariness God's plan of colonization, but God's plan cannot be thwarted. The kindgom of God will still be established on earth, just not through Adam and Eve.

In subsequent history of God's dealings with mankind we see the liveliness of this grand plan of colonization. From God designating a nation of people we know as Isreal, teaching and grooming them with one ultimate instruction: be the light to other nations. In context, this will be them teaching other nations what they have learned and known of God. The summary of the Laws of God given to the Isrealites is to one single effect which is comforming the Isrealites to the nature of God, to that oneness. So they can think like him, see as he sees, and do as he does. In essence, it's still that oneness in soul, mind, purpose and vision. Had the Isrealites accomplished this, God's kingdom would have been established on earth. But they failed, and there came the cross.

The cross from all said so far can be seen as God's grand plan of accomplishing his goal. Afterall, the best wine is kept for the main event.
The cross then can mean the inconceivable means by which God sets in final motion the establishment of his kingdom. By inconceivable I mean the coming of God in person, taking as temple the body of Jesus as earthly dwelling, successful alligning by the means of this indwelling the thoughts, mind, actions and purpose of this man Jesus to his, by virtue successfully creating that oneness between a man and himself, bringing the assured possibility of achieving that oneness to all mankind. In this regard, the cross is where all humanity can be brought into the oneness of God. Afterall, if you can do it with one you can do it with others. More than this, the cross is the Christ, which is Jesus. This is so, because to him God has given the duty to bring to the oneness the whole of mankind (just as he gave Adam and Eve. Just as he gave the Isrealites), and the power to indwell in others and cause the oneness effect God by his indwelling in him causes in him.

So the cross is necessary to establish the kindgom of God here on earth. Which is you and I alligned to his purpose, in oneness with him. Having the mind of Christ, filling the earth with our righteous deeds, extending love to others, and teaching others everything we receive and learn about God. In essence conforming others to the purity we ourselves have witnessed in God. This is what the cross is all about: the establishment of God's kindgom on earth. And so, the remaining unanswered question is will you be part of this kingdom or not?

TheWalkingMind

Cc : Mynd44

1 Like

Re: The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. by Johnjanrt: 9:15am On Jun 30, 2019
Informative! Happy Sunday to all lovers of peace.
Re: The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. by TheWalkingMind: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2019
Johnjanrt:
Informative! Happy Sunday to all lovers of peace.
Happy Sunday
Re: The Oneness Effect: Making Sense Of The Cross. by jorhnny(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Nice write up bro ��

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Security Officers Attempting To Stop Journalists & Protesters COZA Abuja / IMPORTANT NOTICE : God Said, I Should Pray On Fruits For You / Pastor Funke Adejumo, Has Sympathised With Busola Dakolo And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.