Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics (6326 Views)

APC Hypocrisy On The Use Of Military For Elections / APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections / Femi Adebayo Son Of Adebayo Salami Aka Oga Bello Quits Acting For Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by paddylo1(m): 12:33am On Oct 08, 2010
[size=14pt]Yar'Adua's Brother,Quits Military for Politics[/size]

7 October 2010

[size=14pt]Katsina — Lt.colonel Abdul'Aziz Musa Yar'adua, younger brother to late President Umaru Yar'adua has resigned from the Nigerian military and may join the race for Katsina Government House.

Daily Trust learnt from sources close to the Yar'adua family that Abdul'Aziz, also known as Audu Soja, may be seeking to actualise his governorship ambition on the platform of the newly formed Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).
[/size]

[size=14pt]The source said the late President's younger brother tendered his resignation last week and it has since been accepted by the Nigerian military authorities, and that he had already handed over his official duties last Monday.[/size]

The source further confirmed that Yar'adua would be going into partisan politics but said he was yet to declare for any political party until his resignation notice expires at the end of October.

[size=14pt]Before his resignation, Yar'adua was a Lieutenant Colonel in charge of records at the army secretary's office at the military headquarters, Abuja.[/size] He was closest to late President Umaru Musa Yar'adua amongst the family members.

Since the demise of the former president, rumours have been flying round Katsina that Audu Soja was joining politics and had since started mobilizing towards his ambition to contest the governorship race.

Daily trust gathered that Abul'Aziz is seen as the most appropriate and emerging leader of the late Yar'adua's family due to his acceptability in the family circle as well as his antecedents as a very religious, firm but easy going person.

[size=14pt]Further checks revealed, however, that there may be a crack within the family if he decides to challenge the incumbent governor because some of the family members have public endorsed Shema for a second term.[/size]

Another hurdle the younger Yar'adua may face, sources say, is that the widow of the late President, Hajiya Turai Tar'adua may not support his candidature. Turai was said to have told her aides recently that she was not interested in supporting any politician or participating in any political activity.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010070513.html
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by paddylo1(m): 12:33am On Oct 08, 2010
. . .
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Dsense(m): 12:35am On Oct 08, 2010
Another Moderfuuckker angry
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by teeboyseve(m): 1:55am On Oct 08, 2010
HA, Not another one,
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 08, 2010
let him join . . . seems they all end up leaving their wives as widows.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Akanbiedu(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2010
Losers. Whats the bif about?
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by houvest: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2010
Like Kwara like Katsina. Another dynasty.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2010
davidylan:

let him join . . . seems they all end up leaving their wives as widows.
I hope the wife divorce him before he joins politics !
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Gbawe: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Losers. Whats the bif about?

Indeed . We say we want democracy yet we are happy to speak undemocratically . It is his right to contest . The good people of Katsina then also have the right to vote for or against him. Simple.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed . We say we want democracy yet we are happy to speak undemocratically . It is his right to contest . The good people of Katsina then also have the right to vote for or against him. Simple.
His antecedents are unpalatable. And he's also looking to ride on the goodwill of Yar'Adua political dynasty as usual, that's how come we got saddled with the dead doofus, Umaru.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by hercules07: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2010
@ziddy,

Can we have his antecedents? If yes, please post them here.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by jamace(m): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2010
Na wa o! shocked shocked
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2010
i have been meaning to post this as a rejoinder to those who keep blathering about saraki dynasty etal and 'kwara slaves'

so effing what?

its a democracy

political families abound everywhere

the kennedys
the bushes
the bhuttos
the ghandis

the kennedys for instance , if not for Roberts assassination and ted Chappaquiddick scandal, would almost certainly have fielded three presidents

the bushes have fielded two presidents and two governors
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by jamace(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
i have been meaning to post this as a rejoinder to those who keep blathering about saraki dynasty etal and 'kwara slaves'

so effing what?

its a democracy

political families abound everywhere

the kennedys
the bushes
the bhuttos
the ghandis

the kennedys for instance , if not for Roberts assassination and ted Chappaquiddick scandal, would almost certainly have fielded three presidents

the bushes have fielded two presidents and two governors

You are right, my bros. But you know how we do things in Naija naa - "I have chopped my own, come and chop your own". We don't care about leadership capabilty and efficiency. We talk about "Namu ne" (It is ours).
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Youngichou(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
Good for him.
He should just thank his god that he his strong and not diseased like his bro.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by JimmyBoy1: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
I think the man is absolutely free to pursue any legitimate ambition that interests him, we should  only critisize when we have cogent reasons to  do so and not based on prejudice.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by md4real(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2010
masari, shema, senator dansabe nura khaleel, all vying for the hot spot in katsina. a total mistake to resign
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Pennywise(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
Opportunist. I doubt it if he was much of a soldier.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by paddylo1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2010
Pennywise:

Opportunist. I doubt it if he was much of a soldier.

Am sure he only got that far cause of his brother the former president

Probably a stark illiterate too. . have u ever heard of a lt.col resigning to join politics?

Its usually ex Generals. . . .shows u where his mind is at. . .

we are waiting for the other clown Maina to come join politics too. . .nonsense
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Goldenmeda(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
after kastina, next is to contest 4 president, all yardua family in politics & died untiming, to bad, yeye pple
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by bawomolo(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
big deal. the people of katsina have a right to vote who they want to.

their destiny is in their hands. politics in naija is a popularity contest anyway.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Akanbiedu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
Goldenmeda:

after kastina,  next is to contest 4 president, all yardua family in politics & died untiming,  to bad, yeye pple

Low lifers don't usually understand. At what age did they die? above 50. That should be enough for a real MAN to make his impact in the world. Muhammed died around 53, Jesus much earlier. How many of those who lived longer than them do you still remember? I bet some of you guys have no recognizable NAME. The same can not be said of the Yar'aduas.

A word of advice, concentrate on making something out of life for yourself instead of castigating achievers.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Low lifers don't usually understand. At what age did they die? above 50. That should be enough for a real MAN to make his impact in the world. Muhammed died around 53, Jesus much earlier. How many of those who lived longer than them do you still remember? I bet some of you guys have no recognizable NAME. The same can not be said of the Yar'aduas.

A world of advice, concentrate on making something out of life for yourself instead of castigating achievers.
Well spoken. Ride on Abdul Aziz Musa Yaradua, I don't know you well but your brother was a GOOD man
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by alex406(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
He wants to use his brothers influence forgetting he is in Nigeria . I pity him sha.
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by crackhouse(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
he just realized there is more money in Nigeria politics. who wouldn't like to join politics in Nigeria, where there is a steady flow of milk and honey. next we will hear is was caught doing money laundering. politics in naija na best so far.    hehe
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by novaman: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
was he not the one that gave late Yaradua one of his kidney? if he is the same person the Katsina people should be very prayerful that this one doesn't die in office and cause another confusion for them
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Hay: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
What do you expect? sympathy for his brother will make them accept him into the "fold",
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
The Yar'aduas I think have made Nigeria liitle or no bad, except for their Wive(s)
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by PastorOla1: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
Let us wish him well ooo
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by Tugbaski: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
I dint know you could just resign from the military, I thought they had a term limit, Only in Naija sha
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by bisiaet: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
Is it possible for someone in millitary to just resign like that? It's a big strange to me I thought they have time limit?
Re: Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics by akwaowoudo(m): 5:47am On Oct 09, 2010
Nigeria_ home of possibilities; Politics _ is it the only daily repast for Nigerians?

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia / AASU Disowns Bode George, Says No Plan To Honour Him / The Headless Man In A Club Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.