Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,979 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

Opinion: Could This Be Rape Too? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Could This Be Rape Too? (293 Views)

Born Again Withdrew His Admission Because He Cheated In WAEC: Your Opinion? / Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

Opinion: Could This Be Rape Too? by Durchmann(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
I had a thought this morning , especially with all the buzz on Twitter as well as other social media channels.

Men, this applies to you as I feel almost every dating or married man has experienced this.

PLEASE, I AM NO RAPE APOLOGIST. In fact, I was sexually abused at the age of 6 by our house help then. I am all for the death sentence to proven rape defaulters as well. I am only painting a scenario as today's standards do give me a bit of a scare.

You are in bed at the dead of the night trying to have some sleep after a hard day's work. It's about past 2am but your lady (whether wife or girlfriend) is awake and harasses ( I used this word since the lady literally keeps disturbing your sleep so you have no option but to hear her out) you to have sex with her. You've pleaded and pleaded and she insists that if you don't have sex with her, you won't sleep tonight.

You give in and then go ahead to meet her demands even though you never wanted to.

Doesn't that smack of rape (going by today's standards)?

Let's hear your opinions.
I've thought about all this since I see ladies accuse men of rape for having sex with them without their consent per say. Rape in today's world, is every act of sex without the consent of the one party, and even blackmail is a form of rape, I guess.

This should be strictly an intellectual discuss. No need to attack anyone.

Please mods, take it to the promised land.
Re: Opinion: Could This Be Rape Too? by czarina(f): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
Durchmann:
I had a thought this morning , especially with all the buzz on Twitter as well as other social media channels.

Men, this applies to you as I feel almost every dating or married man has experienced this.

PLEASE, I AM NO RAPE APOLOGIST. In fact, I was sexually abused at the age of 6 by our house help then. I am all for the death sentence to proven rape defaulters as well. I am only painting a scenario as today's standards do give me a bit of a scare.

You are in bed at the dead of the night trying to have some sleep after a hard day's work. It's about past 2am but your lady (whether wife or girlfriend) is awake and harasses ( I used this word since the lady literally keeps disturbing your sleep so you have no option but to hear her out) you to have sex with her. You've pleaded and pleaded and she insists that if you don't have sex with her, you won't sleep tonight.

You give in and then go ahead to meet her demands even though you never wanted to.

Doesn't that smack of rape (going by today's standards)?

Let's hear your opinions.
I've thought about all this since I see ladies accuse men of rape for having sex with them without their consent per say. Rape in today's world, is every act of sex without the consent of the one party, and even blackmail is a form of rape, I guess.

This should be strictly an intellectual discuss. No need to attack anyone.

Please mods, take it to the promised land.
Take what to which promise land? Una no dey tire? undecided

I swear, if this thing makes front-page, "I'll cut off my head and put it on YouTube".

Re: Opinion: Could This Be Rape Too? by Durchmann(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
czarina:
Take what to which promise land? Una no dey tire? undecided

I swear, if this thing makes front-page, "I'll cut off my head and put it on YouTube".

As we no tire nko?

Allow those with opinions to comment. After all, I've seen worse on front-page.

Nigerians Dig Up Video Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Demanding $1000 From Church / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:wednesday,24th July, 2019 / Teenage Girl Slumps, Brought Back To Life At Redeemed Church