Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders (1528 Views)

Photos From Northern Governors Forum Held Today In Kaduna / Borno Elders Demand Jonathan’s Apology Over Killings / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by supereagle(m): 5:41am On Oct 08, 2010
The dust raised by the call on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign appears to be heightening as the South-South Elders and Leaders Forum cautioned the Northern Political Forum to desist from overheating the polity.

The SSELF, in a statement on Thursday, implored the United Nations, the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States to intervene and call the NPF to order.

The NPF, a group comprising prominent Northern leaders had on Tuesday said it had lost confidence in Jonathan’s ability to continue to lead the country.

The group’s call for the resignation of the President followed the October 1 bomb blasts in Abuja.

Jonathan on Wednesday fired back at his critics, saying it was “unfortunate that an unprecedented national tragedy has been politicised by people whose only interest is what they can get from the country and not what the country can get from them.”

The Senate and many members of the House of Representatives also took a swipe at the Northern leaders for their “unwarranted comment.”

In its reaction on Thursday, the SSELF, a group of elders and leaders in the South-South, demanded a retraction of the comments by the Northern leaders and an apology from them for slander.

“We wish to caution that if not urgently called to order, these isolated hawkish Northern leaders appear intent on replicating another Somalia or Rwanda incidents just because they believe only them have a right to decide who leads Nigeria,” the South-South elders said in the statement by their Secretary, Chief Ayakeme Whiskey.

They stated that the northern leaders were only trying to whip up sentiments within the military by insinuating that it was the recent changes in the nation‘s defence hierarchy that led to the October 1 bombings.

Incidentally on Thursday, the Chairperson of the AU Peace and Security Council, Dr. Monica Juma, called on the Federal Government to fish out and prosecute those behind the Abuja bombings.

Juma, who is also the Kenyan Ambassador to Ethiopia, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Addis Ababa, that bringing the culprits to book would serve as deterrent to others planning to execute such heinous acts.

“While we condemn the act in its totality, the AU Peace and Security Council wants the Nigerian government to thoroughly investigate the act, arrest and prosecute those behind the bombings, so that such unfortunate incident will not occur again in Nigeria and other parts of Africa,’’ Juma said.

In Jos, Plateau State, the Nigeria Renaissance Network, Goodluck Nigerians Movement and Christian Foundations for Social Justice and Equity, in separate statements said that the Northern leaders were misdirected when they asked the President to resign.

The statements were signed by Mr. Yakubu Dati for the NRN; Mr. Charles Sylvester for the Goodluck Nigerians Movement; and Mr. Joseph Sangosanya for the CFSJE.

But the Civil Rights Congress, disagreed, insisting that the President must resign

The CRC said that the Federal Government’s handling of the blasts only ridiculed the country and raised question on the competence and ability of the President to handle such commissioned tragedy.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010082403020
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 5:41am On Oct 08, 2010
grin grin grin grin

Former war allies are turning on each other.

My Igbo brothers, let us just sit back and watch.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by supereagle(m): 5:48am On Oct 08, 2010
MaziUche0:

grin grin grin grin

Former war allies are turning on each other.

My Igbo brothers, let us just sit back and watch.

Tribalistic Man , If we fail to cage Ciroma and Co who only have the interest of their pockets in their hearts and not the interest of the masses , this nation will not move forward.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by hinduism(f): 5:52am On Oct 08, 2010
@supereagle:

What stops you from caging them? What are you waiting for?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 6:17am On Oct 08, 2010
supereagle:

Tribalistic Man , If we fail to cage Ciroma and Co who only have the interest of their pockets in their hearts and not the interest of the masses , this nation will not move forward.

hinduism:

@supereagle:

What stops you from caging them? What are you waiting for?

Eagles should not toy with cages. grin
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
supereagle:

Nothing is tribalistic about what I said. Former WAR ALLIES are fighting. We Igbos do not care, because it is none of our business.

Why should I care when an Igbo man hasn't been president in 44 years?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Faeb: 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
MaziUche0:

Nothing is tribalistic about what I said. Former WAR ALLIES are fighting. We Igbos do not care, because it is none of our business.

Why should I care when an Igbo man hasn't been president in 44 years?

Fck off, and let the Igbo's who are Nigerian and not powerless spectators speak for themselves.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by monkeyleg: 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
But do they not all belong to the same party? I really hope this is the end of PDP as an entity. All they have represented in the country is evil. If GEJ wants to be taken seriously he should decamp. As long as he remains in that party, he is stained good
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

Fck off, and let the Igbo's who are Nigerian and not powerless spectators speak for themselves.

Any Igbo who gets involved is a fool. Haven't you heard what the Igbo Students Association has told their elders.

WE ARE NOT GETTING INVOLVED! So I speak for many Igbos. . .
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Faeb: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2010
monkeyleg:

But do they not all belong to the same party? I really hope this is the end of PDP as an entity. All they have represented in the country is evil. If GEJ wants to be taken seriously he should decamp. As long as he remains in that party, he is stained good

Do you really know the spelling of "South-South Elders and Leaders Forum?" shocked

MaziUche0:

Any Igbo who gets involved is a fool. Haven't you heard what the Igbo Students Association has told their elders.

WE ARE NOT GETTING INVOLVED! So I speak for many Igbos. . .

Poor me! I should have known that your name is Ohaneze.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb,

Is about time you recognize my authority small boy.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Faeb: 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
MaziUche0:

Faeb,

Is about time you recognize my authority small boy.

Sharap, inconsequential tribalist. One man Ohaneze!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg clear, make we see road jare!
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
If looking out for the welfare of my people make me a tribalist, then I AM A PROUD TRIBALIST.

IGBO FIRST, everything else is second.

So take your words and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine you buffoon.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Dede1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
supereagle:

What stopped you and probably your forbearers to cage them in 1967? I guess you were in a deep political slumber.
MaziUche0 was smack on the money with his statement. Any true son of Igbo in particular and Biafra in general who thought otherwise is a redundant fool.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Faeb: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2010
MaziUche0:

If looking out for the welfare of my people make me a tribalist, then I AM A PROUD TRIBALIST.

Sharap and go look for someplace else to scratch your arse, cos there be fleas in there fcking up your puny mind! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by yeswecan(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

Sharap and go look for someplace else to scratch your arse, cos there be fleas in there fcking up your puny mind! grin grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by MaziUche0(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2010
Dede1:

What stopped you and probably your forbearers to cage them in 1967? I guess you were in a deep political slumber.
MaziUche0 was smack on the money with his statement. Any true son of Igbo in particular and Biafra in general who thought otherwise is a redundant fool.

Thank you. It seems like some people have a hard time comprehending simple logic. We Igbos do not care.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by udezue(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
hhhhmmmmm interesting.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by supereagle(m): 6:09am On Oct 09, 2010
Ndi Igbo will vote massively for GEJ. I am sure of that.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2010
supereagle:

Ndi Igbo will vote massively for GEJ. I am sure of that.

Don't take that to the bank. undecided
With the way things are unfolding, more Nigerians are beginning to question the rationale of discarding zoning at this stage. The polity is heating up more. And the question remains whether all these talkers are ready for conflict if any starts.

If the north mounts a serious pressure on Jonathan, with the way he is dillydallying, he cannot muster support from  the south. Ndigbo will not fight for Jonathan. Will you fight for him?  I know I won't fight for him.

His Ijaw folks are busy double dealing, and they are no real threat. The Yoruba will never fight any war. Period.

So who will fight for Jonathan?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

Don't take that to the bank. undecided
With the way things are unfolding, more Nigerians are beginning to question the rationale of discarding zoning at this stage. The polity is heating up more. And the question remains whether all these talkers are ready for conflict if any starts.

If the north mounts a serious pressure on Jonathan, with the way he is dillydallying, he cannot muster support from  the south. Ndigbo will not fight for Jonathan. Will you fight for him?  I know I won't fight for him.

His Ijaw folks are busy double dealing, and they are no real threat. The Yoruba will never fight any war. Period.

So who will fight for Jonathan?

cheiiii!!! ema gba mi o!

Maybe because we're peaceful lots. . . [s]BTW, my nails are always done, dont want to break them[/s]

BTW, where is that elenu gorodome Dede1 to come and bash Yorubas?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

cheiiii!!! ema gba mi o!

Maybe because we're peaceful lots. . . BTW, my nails are always done, dont want to break them

BTW, where is that elenu gorodome Dede1 to come and bash Yorubas?

You won't be caught in a country at war talk less of fighting one. lol.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 6:59am On Oct 09, 2010
[size=16pt]Zoning should be upheld –Na’Abba[/size]

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Ghali Umar Na’Abba, has said that the zoning formula put in place by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should be upheld since it has been in process. Na’Abba, who represented Kano Municipal Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives on the PDP ticket, said although he does not really support zoning, it should continue since the process has been in place.

Hear him: “I really don’t support zoning, but when there is an agreement to zone the presidency to particular areas of the country, that agreement should be upheld until it goes the whole hug.

“And I want to say, on zoning, that when Nigerians speak about zoning, they are particular about the presidency. And well, of course, I believe that the current zoning arrangement should go the whole hug before it is discarded.”
Speaking on the forthcoming elections, Na’Abba decried the absence of knowledgeable people in the affairs of the country and called on Nigerians to vote in knowledgeable people into government.

“Nigerians should make sure that they elect people who would serve the country. People of knowledge are supposed to occupy different political offices in the country
,” he said.

Na’Abba was, however, evasive when asked to comment on the recent development in the polity, such as the October 1 bomb blasts and its aftermath, which included the demand by elder statesman and former Minister of Finance, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, that President Goodluck Jonathan should resign.
He said: “I have no comment on that really.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/09/national-09-10-2010-012.htm
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2010
MaziUche0:

Wow, interesting.

Incredible! Where exactly does the sun not shine? Explain.

Onlytruth:

You won't be caught in a country at war talk less of fighting one. lol.
Maybe, maybe not.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 7:01am On Oct 09, 2010
Now, Ghali Umar Na'Abba is one of the northerners with integrity. He was an excellent speaker of the house. I rank him high because Obasanjo could not manipulate him then.

So, his words carry some weight with me.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 7:03am On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Maybe, maybe not.

I know for sure. cool No maybes.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

I know for sure. cool No maybes.
LOL ok. Seems like you know sth I dont. I still have Nigerian citizenship [I think], I'm def going back, and by the way things look. . . . war is brewing.
Igbos against Yorubas, North vs South, ND MEND vs everybody else, IIBB vs Jonathan etc.
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 7:09am On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL ok. Seems like you know sth I dont. I still have Nigerian citizenship [I think], I'm def going back, and by the way things look. . . . war is brewing.
Igbos against Yorubas, North vs South, ND MEND vs everybody else, IIBB vs Jonathan etc.

Actually, it is more like north(Hausa/Fulani) vs Ijaw, while everybody else continues with normal business, just like during the last war.  cool
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually, it is more like north(Hausa/Fulani) vs Ijaw, while everybody else continues with normal business, just like during the last war.  cool

Interesting. And what business might that be?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Interesting. And what business might that be?

grin grin

Ileke-IdI is bored again. grin

Well, let me indulge you. cool

Business to do while the war rages:

Import/Export (everything including weapons to BOTH sides).
Going to school, church and ALL social events
Goofing around, partying and merry making
Continue stealing as much as you can from public coffers

And finally, give N20 to the vanquished for any amount he had in the bank before the war! cool cool cool

Gerrit now?

It is 2:15 a.m. in Florida.
Go to bed baby! cool
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin

Ileke-IdI is bored again. grin

Well, let me indulge you. cool

Business to do while the war rages:

Import/Export (everything including weapons to BOTH sides).
Going to school, church and ALL social events
Goofing around, partying and merry making
Continue stealing as much as you can from public coffers

And finally, give N20 to the vanquished for any amount he had in the bank before the war! cool cool cool

Gerrit now?

It is 2:15 a.m. in Florida.
Go to bed baby! cool

Those are not normal things. The person dey crase.
During a war, the last thing I want to do is party, make merry, or go to any school [with all these kidnapping ish]. . . . well, maybe I might loot as much as I can., you know.

Who is/was the "vanquished"?

Where are you and what time is it over there?
Re: Abuja Bombings: S’south Elders Demand Apology From Northern Leaders by Faeb: 7:32am On Oct 09, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually, it is more like north(Hausa/Fulani) vs Ijaw, while everybody else continues with normal business, just like during the last war.  cool

The Eastern Middle Belt is very strongly for Jonathan. Benue and Plateau make up 40% of the army, ND has all the oil. Its a very doable battle, more so when by far the most powerful and equipped unit of the Nigerian army (JTF) is in the ND, commanded by an ND person.
Also, nobody can fight a war without fuel, neither can they fight without money (whereas, ND can chuck up billions of dollars in a couple of days). . . Very doable war without help outside the Middle Belt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. / General Electric To Establish Locomotive Factory In Lagos - NRC / Nigeria's President Says Terrorists Infiltrated Government - Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.