Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. (1512 Views)

Apathy Of The Igbos Towards The Northerners And Yorubas (A HISTORICAL VIEW) / Imo Politics / Governor Ikedi Ohakim Of Imo Politics With Bitterness A Non Performer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by alexleo(m): 4:56pm On May 07, 2011
Today the good people of Imo state has proved to the world just like their Yoruba brothers that the will of the masses cannot be short changed by the greedy politicians for whatever monetary inducement. Its been a long war to root out the evil Government of Ohakim with a lot of manipulations played by the Ohakim cohorts to snatch the victory of the people. Thank God for the zeal and determination of our people not to let go their mandate by whatever gimmicks that Ohakim played. This goes to show that the good people of Imo  State has something good in common with our yoruba brothers-  The spirit of fighting injustice even with the last drop of our blood as been exhibited in this election. Now the rest of the nation can learn this wonderful lesson from us and move their state out of the woods. let me say it also that education is good, Imo people are highly educated and any state that is highly educated you hardly intimidate them becuase they will always access every important information concerning anything that is happening in the state and prepare for it. Thats why the yorubas also pulled through too. Governors should pls make education compulsory and affordable to their citizens if they must move forward in this 21st century. Gone are the days of politics of intimidation, rigging and short changing the will of the people. GOD BLESS IMO PEOPLE, GOD BLESS OUR YORUBA BROTHERS, GOD BLESS JONATHAN, GOD BLESS JEGA, GOD BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by jason123: 5:16pm On May 07, 2011
AMEN!!! Imo peeps are cool!!! cool
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Pukkah: 5:29pm On May 07, 2011
Again, the people have spoken. I'm happy for Rochas, Imo, and Nigeria. Democracy, in the form of the superiority of the will and choice of the people, is also a winner in this long-drawn struggle.

I also expect that this hard-won victory will encourage Rochas to deliver the much-needed dividends of this victory to the good people of Imo state.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Pukkah: 5:33pm On May 07, 2011
Congrats to Prof Jega too.

Rochas, I don't expect you to decamp to another party please. Join hands with other party men to build APGA into a virile opposition machine. We need a healthy opposition for our budding democracy to thrive.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by alex101(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2011
[s]
alexleo:

Today the good people of Imo state has proved to the world just like their Yoruba brothers that the will of the masses cannot be short changed by the greedy politicians for whatever monetary inducement. Its been a long war to root out the evil Government of Ohakim with a lot of manipulations played by the Ohakim cohorts to snatch the victory of the people. Thank God for the zeal and determination of our people not to let go their mandate by whatever gimmicks that Ohakim played. This goes to show that the good people of Imo State has something good in common with our yoruba brothers- The spirit of fighting injustice even with the last drop of our blood as been exhibited in this election. Now the rest of the nation can learn this wonderful lesson from us and move their state out of the woods. let me say it also that education is good, Imo people are highly educated and any state that is highly educated you hardly intimidate them becuase they will always access every important information concerning anything that is happening in the state and prepare for it. Thats why the yorubas also pulled through too. Governors should pls make education compulsory and affordable to their citizens if they must move forward in this 21st century. Gone are the days of politics of intimidation, rigging and short changing the will of the people. GOD BLESS IMO PEOPLE, GOD BLESS OUR YORUBA BROTHERS, GOD BLESS JONATHAN, GOD BLESS JEGA, GOD BLESS NIGERIA. AMEN.
[/s]
ARRANT NONSENSE! angry
@OP, I think you have some growing up to do, politically speaking. Imolites and Ndigbo in general have nothing in common with yorubas in any form, shape or capacity, and most importantly politically. There is nothing special about the way the yorubas play politics. It is quite unfortunate that in nigerian political arena, you have to be treacherous and tribalistic for "brain-dead" nigerians to refer to you as "progressive" -whatever the hell that is undecided
Need I remind you that Ndigbo have been practising true democracy, even before the advent of the white men to the the nigerian dungeon. Have you tasked your brain hard enough to find out why the yorubas refused to vote for their messiah- Ribadu, whom they even gave the biggest broom in the entire yorubaland? I'm from Imo, and the last time I checked, Imo doesn't produce oafs and efulefus angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by gidson12(m): 9:31pm On May 07, 2011
^^spot on bro
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by jason123: 9:37pm On May 07, 2011
Haters will surely always HATE!!! grin cheesy tongue
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Mynd44: 11:27pm On May 07, 2011
Haters will always hate
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 3:09am On May 08, 2011
alex101:

[s][/s]
ARRANT NONSENSE! angry
@OP, I think you have some growing up to do, politically speaking. Imolites and Ndigbo in general have nothing in common with yorubas in any form, shape or capacity, and most importantly politically. There is nothing special about the way the yorubas play politics. It is quite unfortunate that in nigerian political arena, you have to be treacherous and tribalistic for "brain-dead" nigerians to refer to you as "progressive" -whatever the hell that is undecided
Need I remind you that Ndigbo have been practising true democracy, even before the advent of the white men to the the nigerian dungeon. Have you tasked your brain hard enough to find out why the yorubas refused to vote for their messiah- Ribadu, whom they even gave the biggest broom in the entire yorubaland? I'm from Imo, and the last time I checked, Imo doesn't produce oafs and efulefus angry

Mr man,
Can you give me examples of what you mean by Igbos practicing true democracy before the white man? I wonder who is brain dead between you and the OP
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by alex101(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Mr man,
Can you give me examples of what you mean by Igbos practicing true democracy before the white man? I wonder who is brain dead between you and the OP

Another foolish Yoruba crawls out from the cave undecided I guess not voting for a son of the soil= progressive, not so? Ewu
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 08, 2011
alex101:

Another foolish Yoruba crawls out from the cave undecided I guess not voting for a son of the soil= progressive, not so? Ewu

Is that the answer to the question i asked? and what right do you have to say i am foolish. you dont even know me
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by udezue(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2011
Since you people know nothing about the political structure of various Igbo people between the arrival of the Europeans y'all should zip and quit talking trash. The Igbo have one of the world's oldest form of democracy in the world. Better go and ask or do ur research.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 08, 2011
Since you have done your research. all i asked for were instances to support the claims
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:27pm On May 08, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Since you have done your research. all i asked for were instances to support the claims
You seriously are either playing dumb, or are not Nigerian. That would be my assumption. Igbo republican/democratic nature ought not be news to any Nigerian.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 08, 2011
STOP insulting.
Just give examples here and instances. I want to learn.
Abi u no hear english ni.

Instances please
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:33pm On May 08, 2011
I won't entertain this further. You're seriously either playing dumb or are not Nigerian, because this ought not be news to you.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 08, 2011
I cant see any examples. mr know it all. Ok i am not a Nigerian. Gist me small then
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

I cant see any examples. mr know it all. Ok i am not a Nigerian. Gist me small then
Thank you for that confirmation. Now to brief you on history, all you need to know sums up to this simple statement. The Igbo have no king. They have no central ruler. Political adherence only extends to what some people now love to call the 'clan' level, and community/clan decisions were discussed an made in assemblies.

Traditional Igbo society was republican/democratic in nature. The white man did not introduce democracy to the Igbo, let alone West Africa.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 08, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Thank you for that confirmation. Now to brief you on history, all you need to know sums up to this simple statement. The Igbo have no king. They have no central ruler. Political adherence only extends to what some people now love to call the 'clan' level, and community/clan decisions were discussed an made in assemblies.

Traditional Igbo society was republican/democratic in nature. The white man did not introduce democracy to the Igbo, let alone West Africa.

What has the egalitarian nature of ibo brought upon it in the modern political era if not backwardness ? So Where is the glory of those days ?
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:55pm On May 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What has the egalitarian nature of ibo brought upon it in the modern political era if not backwardness ? So Where is the glory of those days ?
Nigerian politics is strange and unsuitable for the Igbo. An environment like U.S. would work better. So backwardness is actually relative. Still, the reality on-the-ground though is that Nigeria will never be like the U.S., and the Igbo will also never relinquish their egalitarian nature. It's not like their actively making the decision to maintain that nature. No. Nothing like that. It's just that, that's just how things are and will continue to be. It's difficult to visualize them otherwise. You know that.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 08, 2011
I thought the Ohanaze always support the incumbent. is that democracy to you?
I call it a/s/s licking
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:02pm On May 08, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

I thought the Ohanaze always support the incumbent.  is that democracy to you?
I call it a/s/s licking
Yeah, you're not Nigerian. I see now, unless this is just you playing dumb/trying to be funny.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 08, 2011
Am i right or wrong?
I heard they even formed a group to support Abacha when he was there.
i cant remember the Igbo groups name now
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Am i right or wrong?
Wrong.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 08, 2011
how about the abacha accusation a made. is that wrong too?
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by ChinenyeN(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2011
Can't say that I know much about that Abacha one. It's best to ask someone else. My knowledge doesn't extend to that.
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by nuslock(f): 12:06am On May 12, 2011
Can't we discuss any issue without going tribal?
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by T9ksy(m): 1:00am On May 12, 2011
Am afraid not!
Re: Imo Politics And The Yorubas': A Good Lesson To Learn. by tpiander: 2:36am On Jul 13, 2015
Hm

(1) (Reply)

Tony One Week Is Anambra House Minority Leader! / Is poverty D reason for D loudness of D subsidy protest in some parts of Nig? / Revert Fuel Price Within 24 Hours: David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.