Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ (7479 Views)

‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists / Oct 1 Bombing: Drama In Court As Edmund Ebuware Gets Life Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by mukina2: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2012
A Principal Technical Officer Communication Intelligence in the Department of the State Security Services (SSS), Wasiu Agbaje, yesterday told the Federal High Court, Abuja Division that the masterminds of the Independence Day explosion only meant to “shake the nation” and create confusion in government.

[b]Wasiu who is a Prosecution witness in the October 1, 2010 twin bombing in Abuja in the ongoing trial of Edmund Ebiware charged alongside three others for the bombing, also released the transcripts of text messages extracted from two phones seized from Ebiware which linked notable individuals in the country including the Chairman of a private broadcast outfit.

Led in evidence by Dr. Alex Aigbe Izinyon (SAN) he said the bombing of Abuja on the Independence Day was planned for months before the bombers struck.

He said the text messages extracted from Ebiware’s phones and the time the messages were sent informed his conclusions.

Last week, a star prosecution witness in the trial of Ebiware whose name was concealed for security reasons had fingered immediate past Governor of Bayelsa state, Chief Timpre Sylva as having foreknowledge of the bombing even though the ex-governor quickly refuted the allegation.

The witness whose real name was not disclosed in court but simply called Mr “X” also testified for the SSS that is prosecuting all the accused persons in the matter.

At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, Agbaje said “I am the principal technical officer with the Communication Intelligence Department of the State Security Services. I am 12 years old in service. The Communication Intelligence is into investigation of crimes aided by telecommunication devices and radio frequency monitoring.

Some of the devices covered include GSM mobile devices, public switch telephone network, etc. I know the accused person. After the October 1, 2010 that rocked this nation on the road towards Eagles Square in Abuja, several Nigerians were injured including security men. Some even died as a result of the explosion” he added.

Agbaje further told the court that”the DSS set up a special investigation panel which led to the arrest of the accused person. I was on the panel and member of the technical support team. After he was arrested, two mobile handsets were found on him. One of them is a Nokia 1202 while the other is Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.

“The phones were handed over to me by the SIP for analysis. The analysis we do on mobile phones are practically extraction of content of the phone. In this case, I extracted incriminating text messages as related to the bomb explosion of October 1, 2010 and other text messages.

“I got such incriminating messages from the Xpress Music. These were from his outbox messages, the inbox and sent messages.

“I used NOKIA PC suite software to extract. The software is produced by NOKIA to extract information from mobile handsets.

“I connected the mobile handset to a computer using the software to extract them.”The extracts were printed out and sent to the SIP,” he said.

A certified true copy of the six-page extract was tendered and admitted in evidence. Page 1 is outbox, 2,3, 4, 5 are sent messages.”Only two messages were found incriminating. This is all I know about this case,” he concluded. During cross examination, he said even though he extracted incriminating text messages, his target was not to implicate the accused person standing trial.[/b]

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92862:oct-1-bombing-meant-to-cause-confusion-in-nigeria&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by nitrogen(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2012
So? Abeg tell dem to park well joor. Bunch of eeediots.
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Okijajuju1(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2012
Was that Nokia PC Suite part supposed to be like some high tech, CIS Nigeria type hacking software?! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2012
And it worked. MOnths later, GEJ won the elections..

1 Like

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Afam4eva(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by nagoma(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2012
After that they found ready made alliance and scapegoat in Boko Haram and the evil that follows and is continuing is History. They will not allow this trial to reach the true conclusion.
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by hammedkola(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju: Was that Nokia PC Suite part supposed to be like some high tech, CIS Nigeria type hacking software?! undecided

I wonder oh!
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 20, 2012
See him mouth as him dey call PC Suite as if na BIG deal..... My 7 yr old cousin already makes use of nokia pc suite on his pc
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by chuks49(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju: Was that Nokia PC Suite part supposed to be like some high tech, CIS Nigeria type hacking software?! undecided

Never new SS does phone "pimping"
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by tonyx4x44(m): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2012
mtcheew
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by hammedkola(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2012
“I got such incriminating messages from the Xpress Music. These were from his outbox messages, the inbox and sent messages.

I used NOKIA PC suite software to extract. The software is produced by NOKIA to extract information from mobile handsets.

“I connected the mobile handset to a computer using the software to extract them.”The extracts were printed out and sent to the SIP,” he said.

Tell us what the incriminating messages are. Do you have to explain who produced Nokia PC Suite when the name of the manufacturer is already written boldly, mtcheewww
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2012
How does one use PC Suite to extract info from a Nokia 1202

2 Likes

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2012
I think Nigeria should invite Jack Bauer over. I will be his Chloe O'Brien with Nokia PC Suite-with a good pay packet of course.

1 Like

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by inspirenet: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2012
1supremo: I think Nigeria should invite Jack Bauer over. I will be his Chloe O'Brien with Nokia PC Suite-with a good pay packet of course.

smiley
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Jabioro: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2012
B4 nko,them dey take bombing organised nation,no bi confusion.
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by hammedkola(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2012
gboss4sure: See him mouth as him dey call PC Suite as if na BIG deal..... My 7 yr old cousin already makes use of nokia pc suite on his pc

Habaaaa!!!, 7yr old cousin own a pc. No dey come here come dey exaggerate things oh!...In fact i go give you medal for this lie:

Oya take ham!

2 Likes

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Joey82(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2012
and which bomb blast is not meant to cause confusion.
all bomb blasts are targeted at causin confusion. nothing new here
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2012
hammedkola:

Habaaaa!!!, 7yr old cousin own a pc. No dey come here come dey exaggerate things oh!...In fact i go give you medal for this lie:

Oya take ham!

My 7 yr old sister is profficient with an iMac, kini big deal...

1 Like

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by antitpiah: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

My 7 yr old sister is profficient with an iMac, kini big deal...

How proficient is she with an iCondom?

1 Like

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Okijajuju1(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2012
antitpiah:

How proficient is she with an iCondom?

Good Morning!!

Have you taken your Meds today?!
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by antitpiah: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Good Morning!!

Have you taken your Meds today?!

My meds are in my iCondom, waiting for someone proficient in iCondoms to teach me how to unwrap them . . . perhaps your sister?
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by hammedkola(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju: How does one use PC Suite to extract info from a Nokia 1202

NO be this kind Nokia oh!..

Two mobile handsets were found on him. One of them is a Nokia 1202 while the other is Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.

Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by igbsam(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2012
Since when did Nokia PC works with Nokia 1202. Abi na Symbian phone e be ? All dis cock and bull story just to prolong the case with mouth sweeting stories.
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by dulaman: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2012
hammedkola:

Oya take ham!

Na poverty dy mak u tink like this. Hw much dos it cost? Ok must he own it. D koko here is 'using' weda na im papa or mama or broda gt am u knw knw. I dont hav a systm bt cn use it. So sharap dia
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by mediainspired: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2012
The chairman of a private broadcast outfit was also implicated. Guess who. I know dis particular media mogul is nothing but a typical dye-in-the-wool Nigerian politiciian, wining &dining wit evry questionable xter in power. His media staff can hardly be described as professional &dere news &presentatn, wishy-washy. I only switch there wen I need to watch a live football broadcast.
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by tommykiwi(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2012
what is Mr X, they should spell out is name abi na maths na them they use for court na? Mr 'X'
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by okonja(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2012
I can't believe am been banned just because of ma contribution to this thread...Mr. Seun really need to check his mods, they misuse their priviledges. [size=14pt]Pyguru[/size] unban me now before break ya head...

@hammedkola
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2012
okonja:
I can't believe am been banned just because of ma contribution to this thread...Mr. Seun really need to check his mods, they misuse their priviledges. [size=14pt]Pyguru[/size] unban me now before break ya head...

@hammedkola

Pyguru is not a human but a bot!!

The darn thing bans me like 5 times a day!!

I think the Mods need to check the config of that PYguru
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by Murphy7h4: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by ebamma(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2012
and the succeeded
Re: Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ by okonja(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2012
Okija_juju:

Pyguru is not a human but a bot!!

The darn thing bans me like 5 times a day!!

I think the Mods need to check the config of that PYguru

Well, it's just 1 hr ban i think,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku / LG Poll: 15 Political Parties To Contest In Lagos Local Government Election / Unemployment Is Not A Headache For Us – Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.