Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan (12158 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Carter Bridge In Lagos State (Photo) / See The Deplorable State Of Port Harcourt-Enugu Expressway / The Deplorable Condition Of Roads In Mafuluku, Lagos (see PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Blackfire(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
I thought they said everywhere is Eldorado...

See erosion ravaged land...

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Legendguru: 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Tunbolity(m): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
hargbolahan01:
but ajimobi reportedly invested N250B in road why is this one not fixed.....APC FG said they are constructing 14 fed road in oyo state....why is this one not part of the road?

and for those who sits in Abuja and always say APC lost in oyo state and abuse people for it ..this is one of the reasons
another reason is level of killing and kidnapping by Fulani herdsmen
Oyo-Iseyin Road is a state government road (Trunk B Road) so, don't expect a Federal government that has not finished work on all FG roads to construct state roads
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Tunbolity(m): 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
pat077:
That road is an eyesore. For those of you calling on the state government to fix the road, this is a federal road and it's not the primary responsibility of the state government.
it's state road, oyo-iwo is federal
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Odetokun3(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Mr Makinde already check Oyo finances and i doubt he would fix that road... According to him Federal Allocation was 5.4 billion and Salary and wage Bill of just civil servants are 4.5billion and State IGR is 2billion...,

moment of reality check in Oyo would soon come

P.S

Pothole are not exclusive to Nigerian Cities alone, even US and Uk have them

This is not an issue of pot holes bro.

You can't drive for a complete minute without entering one. A journey of like 70km. You know how hard it is. The alternative road which is Oyo is even worst. No matter how careful you can drive. Your car go hit ground several times.

A city that house the state NYSC orientation camp, the region that has a minister in the just concluded cabinet not to talk of various political office holders and celebrity and we'll known individuals. To mention buh few; shina pellet, Afeez Oyetoro(baba Saka), yoyo bitters, honeyland, etc.

It's not just easy. Ask corpers to bear witness.
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by damoobaba: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Mr Makinde already check Oyo finances and i doubt he would fix that road... According to him Federal Allocation was 5.4 billion and Salary and wage Bill of just civil servants are 4.5billion and State IGR is 2billion...,

P.S

nna
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by damoobaba: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:
grin

P.S

Naija roads are INSULTS to potholes. They should call them Agbaholes or basiaholes. That's d road to my hometown.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by pat077: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
Tunbolity:
it's state road, oyo-iwo is federal
if truly it is a state government road, then I will stay it is a shame on the past governor for staying 8 years without fixing the road
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by itsme01: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
Odetokun3:

This is not an issue of pot holes bro.

You can't drive for a complete minute without entering one. A journey of like 70km. You know how hard it is. The alternative road which is Oyo is even worst. No matter how careful you can drive. Your car go hit ground several times.

A city that house the state NYSC orientation camp, the region that has a minister in the just concluded cabinet not to talk of various political office holders and celebrity and we'll known individuals. To mention buh few; shina pellet, Afeez Oyetoro(baba Saka), yoyo bitters, honeyland, etc.

It's not just easy. Ask corpers to bear witness.

my last experience on that road was over a decade back, and i came back sick after the trip... Oke Ogun seems marginalized and that's the truth back then they couldnt even recieve NTA or because signals.. however resurfacing Ibadan to OkeOgun is a huge financial burden Makinde cant even afford except he would lie.... Saki to Ibadan is 153 kilometers and cost of a kilometer of road averages 30million naira, that means we are looking at 5 billion naira.. and if we go with what we earn from FG 5.4 billion monthly wage bill of 4.5 billion, and makinde is already canceling all means of IGR so we either need a loan or for him to owe the workers salary to be able to resurface that road
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by Odetokun3(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:

my last experience on that road was over a decade back, and i came back sick after the trip... Oke Ogun seems marginalized and that's the truth back then they couldnt even recieve NTA or because signals.. however resurfacing Ibadan to OkeOgun is a huge financial burden Makinde cant even afford except he would lie.... Saki to Ibadan is 153 kilometers and cost of a kilometer of road averages 30million naira, that means we are looking at 5 billion naira.. and if we go with what we earn from FG 5.4 billion monthly wage bill of 4.5 billion, and makinde is already canceling all means of IGR so we either need a loan or for him to owe the workers salary to be able to resurface that road

That one is not your own to decide now.

The welfare of people affected is the main issue.

So u dey believe all those political analysis wey the man talk? That means you will borrow him money o.

The road has no alternative bro. It's emergency
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by itsme01: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
Odetokun3:

That one is not your own to decide now.

The welfare of people affected is the main issue.

So u dey believe all those political analysis wey the man talk? That means you will borrow him money o.

The road has no alternative bro. It's emergency

grin

ok oo, make we see Makinde magic.. me sef want development na

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by octavian(m): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:

The government is yet to be serious, they complain about low IGR while the natural resources of Oke Ogun if well mined and accounted for can tripple the IGR of Oyo state. Without sentiments, once a governor is from Ibadan they never care about Oke Ogun.
For those calling Shina Peller , he can appeal to both Federal and state authority, about fixing the road but he can't fix it
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by itsme01: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
octavian:

The government is yet to be serious, they complain about low IGR while the natural resources of Oke Ogun if well mined and accounted for can tripple the IGR of Oyo state. Without sentiments, once a governor is from Ibadan they never care about Oke Ogun.
For those calling Shina Peller , he can appeal to both Federal and state authority, about fixing the road but he can't fix it

Abeg oo.. dont loud resources at oke ogun, you know everything about mining does straight to abuja, they would just give an aboki the mining license and take over the land.. just like our lime stone in ogun making dangote extremely rich while mauling people with is trucks. Oke Ogun remains one of our hiding asset in Oyo state, in terms of Agriculture and solid minerals, even abandoned Dam and Cattle Ranch with grazing reserves built during the awolowo days...... Truth is if Makinde was serious he would take a long term loan to put the road in good shape and pay back over a long period of time, but politicians love short projects they can inflate and make cool cash
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by InvertedHammer: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Rollins777:

/
Always make provision for arbitration.

/
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by elRamani(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
this same road I'm gonna pass thru on friday?

no shaking nah, i no go die
Re: The Deplorable Road Conditions of Oyo-Iseyin Road, Ibadan by popizaino(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
post=79844790:
This is an eye sore.

Lol.

This is smooth compared to iwo - ejigbo Road in Osun state.
Sometimes one tend to wonder if there are any good roads in south west again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines / Will You Travel Home This Christmas? / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.