Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 1) (393 Views)

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 3) / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 2) / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 1) by Sezioha(m): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
If you asked me, I would tell you that JAMB is the most frustrating institution in Nigeria. Forget NEPA, PHCN, or whatever their name now is; forget bad roads; forget unemployment; if possible, forget corruption. And let’s focus on JAMB for a moment. Do you know that JAMB can make you study what’s not in your destiny? Or that they can make you look like a dumbass amongst your friends? Check the number of people who haven’t gotten admission into any tertiary institution, or those who are studying courses they don’t know what it’s all about, then you’ll understand my point. If not for JAMB, how would I have known about Applied Biochemistry, the course I studied for four years?

And my story started on 16th December, 2014. Earlier in the year, I’d taken WAEC, and later JAMB like most of my peers. At the time, I’d put Pharmacy, instead of the Medicine and Surgery almost everyone was clamoring for. What’s the hype about Medicine anyway?

“But Somtoo, you’re too brilliant to settle for a lesser course,” a secondary school teacher had opined. Really? What makes any course lesser than the other? Of course, I couldn’t argue with her, as she would have used the earnings of various professionals to rest her case.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/07/01/tales-from-my-alma-mater-part-1/

(1) (Reply)

Correct Score / EBIERE BY KARISPEN / Concept Note And Proposal Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.