Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 3) (363 Views)

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 2) / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 1) / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales From My Alma Mater (part 3) by Sezioha(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Bobby came over the following day to inform me that those who wrote the day before us had seen their results. That meant that our results would be published the next day. I was filled with both anticipation and trepidation. What if I flunked it? I had already gotten a JAMB score that was below expectations, what if this one turned out to be the same thing?

The weeks after I saw my JAMB results had been terrible for me. My friends and teachers couldn’t believe that the golden boy of St. Charles, the best in his set had gotten a lowly score of 205. I was down, I knew what I’d written, so what could have happened? Things got worse when I saw that the results of others had been better—way better—than mine. The big question I asked myself was: what if I was an empty vessel making a loud noise?

Bobby also filled me in on how he returned the previous day. After he had relieved himself, he had luckily found a bus that brought him back. I still taunted him a little about it before he finally left.

The next day, I couldn’t eat as worry ate at me. My mom had asked Chidimma to check the results and report back to her and I was waiting for it like a suspect waiting for the jury’s verdict. I’d never repeated any exam. Would I start now?

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/07/05/tales-from-my-alma-mater-part-3/

(1) (Reply)

Curbing Child Abuse, A Punishment Gone Too Far / The Drug Dealers / What Are The Top 30 Words In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.