Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? (5554 Views)

Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? / The Difference Between Righteousness And Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by farous(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2010
I begin to ask myself why most churches these days (especially most of these new generation churches) fail to preach against sin.The standard of holiness has been on the decline.Most of what you will be hearing is how you will be prosperous and get blessings whether in your iniquities or not.I thought the primary aim of every christian is how to make heaven,even when it is in the bible,but most of these men of God will ignore those chapters and verses.Why is it like that?.I thought if some men of God will remember where Tithes and offering is in the bible and do say it every time,they suppose as well to remember where sins(fornication,adultery,lies,bribery,etc)are in the bible and ought to be saying it all the time,because this is the major determinant route to heaven.In fact,i cant understand these days what some churches are all about. For example,a young man and young girl(unmarried)that will jump out from their bed of fornication will hand in hand come to the church with extra mile boldness in the church,after church service the two will go back and continue where they stopped.If such people do hear on the church that fornication is a sin,etc,wont they be touched for repentance?.Atimes i do ask myself,whether fornication,adultery etc are still sin?.Ironically,some of them that do preach continously against sin and other forms of attrocities do have lesser members(congregations) while those that dont have such preaching will be pulling larger crowds(congregations) especially the youths.Is it not funny?.Please i need to be enlightened more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by Mudley313: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2010
you know the answer yourself. church is a fraudulent business; what has sin and holyness got to do with a for-profit business enterprise?
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by Tundele(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2010
The truth of the matter is that, most so called PASTOR(S) of nowadays are not relay born again.
they themself or so many of them are still sinners.
You cannot give what you don't have.
So many are not called while many are just looking for their daily bread and many Nigeria don't like the TRUTH, so they give what the people want and not what God says.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by Dandas: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
It is true.Really,the standard of holiness is eroding the church.The bible is like constitution of Nigeria that will direct you on the rules and regulations of this country and what if u do that will make you an offender,hence we observe the constitution.Likewise the bible,what to do to make heaven are all in the bible which is our primary goal as christians.unfortunately,i now hear more of other things in the church and hear less about what will make me not go to heaven(sin,etc).Very bad sha.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by yommyuk: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2010
People will flee the church in packs. meaning less cashflow.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by Pimpu(m): 2:02am On Oct 09, 2010
they take advantage of the high level of illiteracy and poverty.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by manmustwac(m): 7:48am On Oct 09, 2010
Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries on this planet and pastors and thier private jets are just part of the statistics
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2010
Well its a business and if you want to pack the pews i guess its best to give the people what they seek.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by alexleo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2010
That is one of the last days events. Satan is gradually expanding his kingdom in most churches using these pastors as his agents. Most of these pastors were not called by God. Satan is good at reproducing a fake copy of whatever God is doing. That is why as God is calling men into his ministry, Satan too is calling men into his own ministry who will also operate under the cloak of the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ to deceive many. They are wolves in sheep clothes. Poverty has hit Nigerians so much that they fall for these fake men of God. They run into these churches because they think that's where the money is now. Most of them are not there to serve God in spirit and in truth and make heaven. That is the reason they are not ready to be part of any church that will preach HOLINESS without which no man shall see God. Yet all bear the same name- CHRISTIANS. All profess the same- BORN AGAIN. But thank God, at the end of the day those who are BORN AGAIN shall be separated from those who are BORN AGAINST. We need to pray more for their souls to be redeemed and do more evangelism. God will help us.
Re: Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? by dollz(f): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2010
alexleo ur so right, POSTER U VE GOT A GOOD HEAD ON UR SHOULDER, I MEAN MOST GUYS THINK ITS WEIRD WHEN I ASK Y DEY SLEEP WITH WOMEN AND STILL CALL ON GODS NAME,COS DEY HAVE BEEN MADE TO BELIEVE DAT FORNICATION IS NORMAL AND MOST PASTORS NEVER HARP ON IT, EVERYONE WILL TELL YOU TO GIVE BRIBE COS DATS THE WAY OF D WORLD AND STILL COME TO CHURCH AND THANK GOD THAT HE GAVE DEM BUSINESS, NO ONE WANTS TO DEPEND ON GOD OR FOLLOW HIS STATUTES, WE JUST WANT TO BELIEVE DAT GOD IS MERCIFUL AND DO THE WRONG THING, Y NAIJA, I FACE A LOT OF CHALLENGES AS A SINGLE WOMAN COS WHEN A GUY TELLS YOU HES INTERESTED ,HES ALWAYS LOOKING TO SNIFF AROUND N OBVIOUSLY WHEN U TELL HIM DATS NOT T THE CHRISTIAN WAY HE LL REPLY DAT IS HE NOT BORN AGAIN,,,MAY GOD DELIVER NAIJA YOUTHS,

MY TWO CENTS

(1) (Reply)

Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church / Picking And Choosing What Bible Verses To Obey Among Christians. / The Trinity - A Simple Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.