Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Chelsea Signs Mateo Kovacic Permanently From Real Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Signs Mateo Kovacic Permanently From Real Madrid (380 Views)

Mateo, Lionel Messi’s Son Hailed After Handing Father's Golden Shoe / Leo Messi's Son, Mateo, Celebrates Real Betis Goal Vs Barca, Suarez Reacts / Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Signs Mateo Kovacic Permanently From Real Madrid by reportminds: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
Mateo Kovacic has completed a permanent transfer from Real Madrid to Chelsea.

The 25-year-old Croat spent last season on loan at Stamford Bridge and has put pen to paper on a five-year contract.

Kovacic made 51 appearances for Chelsea last season, 36 of them starts, playing primarily on the left of midfield in Maurizio Sarri’s 4-3-3 formation where he was an important supplier of passes to top goalscorer Eden Hazard.

The 25-year-old contributed significantly to our Europa League-winning campaign, starting in 10 of the 15 games, including the final in Baku, and making two further substitute appearances. He was a standout performer against Arsenal in Azerbaijan and was involved in three of the goals in our 4-1 win.

Prior to his signing for Real Madrid four years ago, Kovacic was at Inter Milan in Italy and before that, Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, for whom he has won 52 caps

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/chelsea-signs-mateo-kovacic-permanently.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Chelsea Signs Mateo Kovacic Permanently From Real Madrid by jelel6: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
Very good deal. The thoughts of having Barkley and mount and cheek having a free pass to the first team scared me. At least, Kovacic maintains a certain level every game.

I don't know how we'll score goals this season to be honest. If I was Lampard, I'd ask the club to return Morata and try again with him. Lefty Giroud and Championship Abraham scares me to shiit.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

AFCON Pairings For Round Of 16 Complete / TRAGIC: Body Of Missing Swiss Female Footballer Finally Found / Paul Pogba Jets Out Of Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.