Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

I Have Lost Interest In School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Lost Interest In School (21833 Views)

Good News If You Have Lost Your WAEC Certificate/result / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Okuda(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2019
in nigeria una dey learn cobol lmao.. useless shitty country. in my yr 1 na Java dem don dey teach us and it was hard as furck. felt like i was working in Google already!
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Megatrix: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2019
Devil don dey whisper to you
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Bizibi(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2019
If you can't face challenges in school then you will easily get depressed when you join the others after school and Nysc. You need to toughen up it is just a phase, the real hurdle to pass is life after school.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Soul47(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2019
Quick question, if you have lost interest in school what do you intend doing then?

Best advice is for you to brace up, finish what you have started, study the books back to back and sort as others do.
Main thing is that you get what you want.

Am a first class graduate who know my onions in what I studied but the truth is the grade did not come through brains alone, I created interpersonal relationship with my lecturers and sorted the strong heads. Sometimes I even sort to get a B because that is the highest grade the lecturer can give to the students; of course very few of us.

If you can give ceaser what belongs to ceaser and behave like the Romans while in Rome, be sure to be successful anywhere you are.

Could have said more but no time.

Just keep studying but blend in with the system to get what you want.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Dasilva10: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2019
OvaSabi1:
Stop complaining, you should have paid the 15k. Even ACCA the world's largest Accounting body will charge you 25k for your script to be remarked. It is not even like they will remark it, they will just do a recount.
Stop doing strong head for everything, this is Nigeria. I will go out on a limb to tell you that you should have paid the initial 7k. Yes I said it. If you cannot cope, get out of Nigeria. The deficiency is endemic, only you cannot beat it.
Stubbornness is for 20 minutes, CGP is for ever.
Pick up yourself with the lessons learnt and try to balance your portfolio with professional certifications.

C'mon brother! You need to do better. It's not like we are saints here, but it's one is not suppose to dance to the drums of the wicked at the detriment of one's happiness. You will pay if you were in his shoes, doesn't make it right to pay. He is in Nigeria, doesn't make it right to keep to the instructions of a tyrant. Why should he pay? I guess to avoid all of these problems and encourage cruelty/corruption towards some more students. There are better ways to get over this problem if he chooses not to pay as well.

The reason these lecturers have continued to act this way is because students keep paying these illegal fees, and why should that continue to happen? They'll never stop these act if nothing is being done. C'mon brother. Let him speak up. This is Nigeria, Yes... The Prisons are still functioning.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ThothHermes: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2019
The responses on this thread are disheartening.

No one is showing any form of outrage at the fact that this guy has been dealt with unjustly. He was made to fail because he would not pay bribe in school. I cringe at having to type this.
Some are saying "failure is the not the end" bla bla bla. Nigerians have accepted the situation of things in their country.
OP if you are this capable academically why did you attend a polytechnic?

This is what you should do: Register for the next JAMB exam. Pick a first generation federal university and study like no tomorrow.

Get the admission and start afresh. You are still young so age should not be a problem.

In four years you'd be out with a good grade. Potentially a first class.
Forget the m0rons on this thread telling you "school na scam"
The vast majority of them cannot even write proper sentences.
You can also start a social media campaign against that criminal lecturer. After you must have been in your choice university that is.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ThothHermes: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Soul47:
Quick question, if you have lost interest in school what do you intend doing then?

Best advice is for you to brace up, finish what you have started, study the books back to back and sort as others do.
Main thing is that you get what you want.

Am a first class graduate who know my onions in what I studied but the truth is the grade did not come through brains alone, I created interpersonal relationship with my lecturers and sorted the strong heads. Sometimes I even sort to get a B because that is the highest grade the lecturer can give to the students; of course very few of us.

If you can give ceaser what belongs to ceaser and behave like the Romans while in Rome, be sure to be successful anywhere you are.

Could have said more but no time.

Just keep studying but blend in with the system to get what you want.

Sharap. A first class graduate that does not know the difference between "am" and "I'm". You sorted to get a first class. This country na wa.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ThothHermes: 8:52am On Jul 02, 2019
OvaSabi1:
Stop complaining, you should have paid the 15k. Even ACCA the world's largest Accounting body will charge you 25k for your script to be remarked. It is not even like they will remark it, they will just do a recount.
Stop doing strong head for everything, this is Nigeria. I will go out on a limb to tell you that you should have paid the initial 7k. Yes I said it. If you cannot cope, get out of Nigeria. The deficiency is endemic, only you cannot beat it.
Pick up yourself with the lessons learnt and try to balance your portfolio with professional certifications.
See another one advising him to bribe his way through school. Oh God!

Nigerians deserve the country they have.
You are part of the problem when you condone it.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Soul47(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
Sharap. A first class graduate that does not know the difference between "am" and "I'm". You sorted to get a first class. This country na wa.

No need for the insult.

I typed in a haste and if that means first class graduates don't make mistakes, sadly I do and I learn from it when corrected.

Have a nice day.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ThothHermes: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2019
successsurvivor:
Please my dear, don't be depressed. The fact still remains our Educational institutions in Nigeria are corrupt and money driven. It is worst in private and all state universities and polytechnics compared to federal universities where its minimal or non existence. I graduated from UNN, I know what am saying.

Please always attend a federal university. Also, my family friend that attended FUTO was intentional failed and delayed for 4 years after his mates have graduated. Group of lectures ganged up on him, saying he was chasing their girlfriend.

Word of advice, pay the Lecturer so your course can be passed, if you resit it, they will fail you again, secondly, never attend a state university, this scenerio is minimal in federal universities. YOU ALL READING THIS HAVE BEING WARNED.

Thirdly, try getting a university degree directly, all this ND/HND crap aren't worth it, you spend more years in school compared to a degree holder only to get an ordinary, unappreciated HND.

Most importantly, when sad, depressed, confused, afraid, uncertain of the future, run to God in PRAYERS, supplications, praise, worship and maditate on his words and believe all is well, knowing your heavenly Father is with you, walking with you through life's trials and tribulations.

You are not alone my dear. Remain blessed because you are already blessed. Don't forget the plan of God for you is for you to prosper and be of good health, and the devil will contest that, try to make you depressed so he can destroy, kill or divert your Destiny.

Stand your ground because he that is in you, is greater than he that is in the world. You are more than a conqueror. Raise, take up your battle Axe, and fight for what you believe in. The Lord doesn't make mighty men, he creates them through there truimph over life battles. More grace beloved. #Hugs
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

The same thing I advised him. These things rarely happen in first generation federal universities.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ThothHermes: 8:56am On Jul 02, 2019
Soul47:

No need for the insult.

I typed in a haste and if that means first class graduates don't make mistakes, sadly I do and I learn from it when corrected.

Have a nice day.
Shut up!

Why would a "first class graduate" advice someone to bribe his way through school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by skyfather09(m): 8:56am On Jul 02, 2019
school na scam... even me wey dey here i don even tire fam.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Jesuspikin8: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2019

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Jesuspikin8: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by faithfull18(f): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2019
GoldChest:

You're a kid
You know nothing about life so go and sit down .
Frustrated grandpa, I ain't the cause of your frustrations, keep moving.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by GoldChest(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2019
faithfull18:

Frustrated grandpa, I ain't the cause of your frustrations, keep moving.

I'm actually 28years old and very popular around here with my main I.D .

My dog is more healthier than your father grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Soul47(m): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
Shut up!

Why would a "first class graduate" advice someone to bribe his way through school

That's the system we find ourselves in.

Him sorting does not mean he didn't study, just to ensure he gets the grade he has been studying for.

In my 100level I did not sort any lecturer till I I had a C in a course I did well in, later I had a B in a a course of only subjective questions which was too easy.
In rage I applied for remarking, it was not granted but I got to see the script, surprisingly I filled in the right answers and the lecturer marked a good sign after each answer, then when it came to the summation he reduced marks for no reason.
I told the staff in charge of Exams & Record, he said they will look into it. I told another final year friend of mine about it, he said I should leave it to not have issues with the lecturers.

After that, I had no need for an angel to tell me what to do.

Again in my final year, a lecturer friend of mine whom I had little issue with then angrily gave me a B in a 3 credit load course that I well deserved an A, thinking it will make my CGPA go below 4.5, but it didn't work out for him. I just got my transcript after graduation and saw it and smiled. This may be unrelated but you can imagine such.

OP stated that he studies hard, so my advice is for him to study and also settle the lecturers so as to get the grade he deserves.

If you have a better advice which would not put the OP in the bad books of some lecturers and still ensure he gets his deserved grade, please feel free to post it, but don't expect me to read what everyone post here.

Lastly, the fact you start each comment with insult does not speak good of you, even if you are trying to correct someone, there are better ways to do it without sounding insultive.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by hartoyebi38: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2019
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY the best institution in nigeria. A school where u dn't knw who will mark your script.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Ugosample(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2019
SLAP44:
Did you vote buharri in the last election?

this has nothing to do with the topic
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Ugosample(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2019
OvaSabi1:

wow shocked

what an advice
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by mildflame: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2019
nointerestinsch:
What you are about to read is the deluge from the heart of a broken National Diploma finalist in one of the Polytechnics in Nigeria. I am 20 years old. I have created a new account to share this, only my coursemates or people in my school would recognize me through this article.

The past week has been the most depressing week of my entire life; as much as I have been living with depression for the past few months, this week has been overwhelming.

I used to be the most-hardworking student I know. I was top of my class in ND 1. I ensured I finished all the textbooks of the courses we offered in each semester. In the euphoria of how well my hardwork paid off, my goal for ND 2 was to graduate with a Distinction, and top my class again. The way things panned out in my first year made me love how a student could be rewarded if the student puts in his or her best in studying.

Fast-forward to ND 2 first semester, I finished all the textbooks and made sure I understood the courses by self-testing and tutoring my colleagues – as usual. Our semester results are released at the beginning of the next semester. I never fret at the WhatsApp Broadcast of Facebook Post that a course result has been released. The first course (Entrepreneurship) result of last semester was pasted in the second week of resumption and I had a ‘CD’ – this was my lowest grade all through my stay in the school till date. I didn’t take it to heart as I didn’t study this course too well last semester and it was a 2-credit unit course.
But then, one week later, the result for one of my courses (OO COBOL) was released. I had an ‘F’. To put this in perspective, this is one of the easiest programming languages out there. Plus, it is an outdated language – already says a lot about the standard down here. I and a few of my coursemates were the best at this course last semester. I personally was getting paid to help fill practical manuals. It was basically one of those courses I wouldn’t need to study for prior to an exam the next day. I had an ‘F’. I’m not ‘clouting’, but the best grades in this course ironically belonged to people who would not be able to write a simple “Hello World” program using this programming language. I completely broke down at the sight of my name trailing to an ‘F’ on the result sheet. I immediately persuaded the few “good students” who also got “F”’s and were sure they did well to join me and go make a case to our Head of Department (HOD). I represented the group and told the HOD that this is not what we expect for a course like this. I asked if we could see our marked exam answer sheets. Would you believe it? He said the answer sheets have not been submitted to him, and that if I want a remarking, I would have to pay N15,000 to the school management or the remarking panel (or whatever name they try to scam us with). I was disgusted at these revelations. I mean, how can I be charged 15k for me to just get a chance to prove myself? 15k? Just to see and prove my own exam answers? This is an educational institution, and not a law court or the police station. The HOD said he cannot do anything about it, that we only have the option of going to ‘see’ the lecturer.

The lecturer had on several occasions, after the exam, related to the entire class through the class rep that each student needs to pay at least 7k or else you would fail. I ignored all of those because I thought they were threats and believed I did more than enough to get at least a “B”. It eventually turns out the lecturer wasn’t blabbing about it. I don’t know how I would be able to face myself knowing I paid to get a grade in school. I am at a crossroad. I am lost.

This is my ordeal. I have absolutely lost any interest and passion for school. For real, what is the essence of all my sleepless nights? Sacrificing trendy clothes and sneakers for data subscription and materials to do research? When, in the end, a fellow that did not even attend lectures will have a better grade because he or she has money to give the lecturer? Is this the way it has been from way back? Or did the standard just drop so low? Why have these lecturers taken pride in extorting other people’s pockets and suppressing bright minds? Why have they used money to promote waywardness in higher institutions? Why is money the determining factor of student’s grades and not the student’s academic performance fueled by unwavering passion for studying and learning?

These and many more unanswered questions are the reasons why I have lost all interest in school and education. Nothing actually interests me now. School is a total waste of precious time. People party all semester and show up to sign attendance on the exam day, then pay money to the lecturer to pass. It’s all money, money and more money! All these pot-bellied bastards destroying destinies and killing dreams! Would they do this to their own children?

I want to speak up, but I can’t. I am depressed. I am discouraged. I am tired. I want to quit school.

Thank you for reading up!

you are not in this life to prove yourself to anyone, whatever the decision you end up taking just let it come 4rm you and not because of others
10years from now you either be laughing over this or crying but be an OPTIMISTS in all things coz it cost you nothing

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by mildflame: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2019
Soul47:

That's the system we find ourselves in.

Him sorting does not mean he didn't study, just to ensure he gets the grade he has been studying for.

In my 100level I did not sort any lecturer till I I had a C in a course I did well in, later I had a B in a a course of only subjective questions which was too easy.
In rage I applied for remarking, it was not granted but I got to see the script, surprisingly I filled in the right answers and the lecturer marked a good sign after each answer, then when it came to the summation he reduced marks for no reason.
I told the staff in charge of Exams & Record, he said they will look into it. I told another final year friend of mine about it, he said I should leave it to not have issues with the lecturers.

After that, I had no need for an angel to tell me what to do.

Again in my final year, a lecturer friend of mine whom I had little issue with then angrily gave me a B in a 3 credit load course that I well deserved an A, thinking it will make my CGPA go below 4.5, but it didn't work out for him. I just got my transcript after graduation and saw it and smiled. This may be unrelated but you can imagine such.

OP stated that he studies hard, so my advice is for him to study and also settle the lecturers so as to get the grade he deserves.

If you have a better advice which would not put the OP in the bad books of some lecturers and still ensure he gets his deserved grade, please feel free to post it, but don't expect me to read what everyone post here.

Lastly, the fact you start each comment with insult does not speak good of you, even if you are trying to correct someone, there are better ways to do it without sounding insultive.

All the best.

For no reason should you encourage SORTING, is that how you gonna raise your kids?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by mayorlag: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2019
its sad to read a message like this from a young man trying to be the best and applying himself. Please do not be discouraged or depressed. Its a phase that will pass but here is what I advise that you do.

As much as I agree that the certificate might not earn you your daily bread, we also have to bear in mind that the same certificate might earn you what you live on. I don't want you living a life of regret as a result of something that was not in any way your fault. So I suggest that you pay the fee to have your script re-marked even if that is what it will cost you to get what you rightly deserve.

Wishing you the very best
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by yungz: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by faithfull18(f): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2019
GoldChest:

I'm actually 28years old and very popular around here with my main I.D .

My dog is more healthier than your father grin
28 years old idiot, if you are without sense at this age, when do you want to have it.

Apt description for your father, very apt.

No time to waste on an idiot, who thinks popularity on NL is a big deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by IchBinBrait(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2019
nointerestinsch:

Thank you.

Brother this is Nigeria. Nothing positive can be said about the education system. This is a country where everyone want to get rich at all cost and at the expense of the future of others. Government officials want to live large, lecturers want to make money, HoDs are not saints, VC/Rectors cannot be trusted, even course reps want to milk you dry. The unserious ones who sort lecturers get good grades whereas the serious ones (bookwarms) get low grades cuz they refuse to settle the lecturers. And it is those unserious ones that companies usually provide employment opportunities for, perhaps because of their first class and second class upper grades.

Don't worry bro. The future is bright. Look forward. Re-register the course, read well and ensure you write well. Then say a dangerous prayer for the lecturer. God doesn't sleep. Depression can lead to suicide. Do things that makes you happy, although it is painful but you just have to let it go and move on.

One more thing, try to develop your programming skills bro. Learn the advanced languages and derive the ability to solve problems with it. IT is taking over the world, we can't see much of it cuz Nigeria is lagging. You won't find it difficult getting a job in this field at all. You are intelligent.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by GoldChest(m): 10:02am On Jul 02, 2019
faithfull18:

28 years old idiot, if you are without sense at this age, when do you want to have it.

Apt description for your father, very apt.

No time to waste on an idiot, who thinks popularity on NL is a big deal.

Your father is more idiotic than you 're obviously .

Olodo

Aunty Espose instead of Expose
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2019
davillian:
A man get to do what a man got to do. Drop all those feelings Do everything to get your grades back. If it requires you to pay then pay
for how long will u kep paying bro? think
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2019
davillian:
A man get to do what a man got to do. Drop all those feelings Do everything to get your grades back. If it requires you to pay then pay
for how long will u kep paying bro? think
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Soul47(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2019
mildflame:

For no reason should you encourage SORTING, is that how you gonna raise your kids?

Alright Sir. Thanks.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Ugosample(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
The responses on this thread are disheartening.

No one is showing any form of outrage at the fact that this guy has been dealt with unjustly. He was made to fail because he would not pay bribe in school. I cringe at having to type this.
Some are saying "failure is the not the end" bla bla bla. Nigerians have accepted the situation of things in their country.
OP if you are this capable academically why did you attend a polytechnic?

This is what you should do: Register for the next JAMB exam. Pick a first generation federal university and study like no tomorrow.

Get the admission and start afresh. You are still young so age should not be a problem.

In four years you'd be out with a good grade. Potentially a first class.
Forget the m0rons on this thread telling you "school na scam"
The vast majority of them cannot even write proper sentences.
You can also start a social media campaign against that criminal lecturer. After you must have been in your choice university that is.

it's saddening the comments I read here
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Maj196(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2019
If u know wetin my eyes see for skul u go don drop out tey tey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yisa Usman Arraigned For Threatening Oloyede’s Wife To Blackmail Her Husband / Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.