Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle (6042 Views)

Constitution Review: Gbajabiamila Seeks Collaboration Between NASS And States / SERAP Writes Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Seeks Probe Of "Missing ₦4.4Bn NASS Funds" / Gbajabiamila Seeks Closer Ties With UAE [REASONS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Amarachi1990: 6:50am On Jul 02, 2019
The  Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila on Monday urged the Presidency to ensure the early submission of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) to allow for early passage of budget 2020.

Gbajabiamila who spoke during a courtesy visit by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Mr. Boss Mustapha and his team at the National Assembly, said its will help the country return to the January to December budget cycle.

He said: “Again, part of the reforms which we want to achieve is: I will want a situation where before we go on long break in the next week, maybe three weeks, I would want a situation where the MTEF will be submitted to this House so that we can pass it before going.

“And then, when we come back in September, may be by the end of September, the budget is before us. Because by finance laws, the budget is based in the MTEF. The MTEF needs to be submitted. At the end if the day, we don’t want the budget to be brought in December.
“So, this is the timetable that we have set.  One, the MTEF to be submitted. Two, we work on it and go on our long break and then come back. At the end of September,   present the budget to us. And what does that do? It leaves us with three months to pass the budget. It brings us back to that circle of January to December. And by January 1, we pass the budget as envisaged in the constitution.

“We want you to help us with this process. We want to streamline the budget process because the input of the members cannot be negotiated. So, if that input can come before the presentation of the budget, fine. So that when the budget comes, we just need little things here and there but not to rewrite a whole budget because we have not been carried along from onset. I think those are the issues. We want good collaboration.”

He demanded better working conditions in the National Assembly.

He said the parliament will be coming to the executive “with a shopping list which will make our work easier.

“The list will include things like library, world class, international standard library. we will be needing your intervention in that regard. We will need to make the House IT compliant.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/gbajabiamila-seeks-return-january-december-budget-cycle/

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by helinues: 6:56am On Jul 02, 2019
That's how it supposed to be..

Only if dirty politics wont delay it.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by markfemisgay: 6:58am On Jul 02, 2019
Very good.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by englishmart(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2019
These ones that haven't even begun work, but have spent 2weeks on recess, and expecting another 3weeks break in no time. Lazy legislators.
If you listen to them speak, you might think they have you at heart. Soon, there'll nothing left in the treasury to steal.

10 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by chrisxxx(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2019
I support . Presently when they say budget is delayed I no longer understand. Let us have a January reference point.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Owaincouncil: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2019
Nice one. There shouldn't be complains anymore.
I will patiently wait now to see who Buhari will blame again. And to you mr speaker, if you pass any ruga bill, u will leave that posit6in disgrace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by frankson1(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2019
Great
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by jotfas(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2019
Only if we can continue with dis. Things will fall in place and ministries will not have reasons for poor performance.
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by kerzhim(m): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2019
Let the Reformation start! cool

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by hisgrace090: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2019
Not bad.

I know a day will come when we will start getting things rightly done.
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by dklex(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2019
way to go.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by HumanHairLovers(f): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2019
This is our precious lives and that of our kids o

Wanna get original hair? Check my signature
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by 2blessed01(m): 7:12am On Jul 02, 2019
..Gud Reasoning 4 D 1st Tym, My Able LegisLOOTERS!

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by itsme01: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2019
cool

Experienced speaker, sabi man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2019
Please ma people, How do I pronounce Gbajabiamila. This thing has being bugging since d nigga became speaker, I actually stayed glued to my tv during swearing in so I could here d pronunciation from d news caster but was distracted at d key moment by customers at d shop on dat day

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by princemillla(m): 7:13am On Jul 02, 2019
Way to go! I know you won’t disappoint us

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by fasho01(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2019
I hope it gets achieved cos I really don't get the rationale behind this current system when they ought to have adjusted long before now

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by MrBONE2(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2019
Jiang:
Please ma people, How do I pronounce Gbajabiamila. This thing has being bugging since d nigga became speaker, I actually stayed glued to my tv during swearing in so I could here d pronunciation from d news caster

Pronounce it this way....
BAB BA JA MILLA grin

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by karma2000: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2019
They had better be fast about it or karma well expose and deal with dem
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Ifedamolah(m): 7:32am On Jul 02, 2019
Way to go.. I just hope it won't just end up being another failed initiative.
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by YoungAncient1: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2019
Rubber stamped Legislature; don't let your lord and master koboko you for speaking without his permission o.
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by henrymom18(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2019
Team Femi/Ahmed all the way.........Jenuary-December budget must come to pass by 2020!!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Megatrix: 8:04am On Jul 02, 2019
Good move
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by wellmax(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2019
Commendable
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Demarvin556: 9:06am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Gbajabiamila Seeks Return To January-december Budget Cycle by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2019
Jiang:
Please ma people, How do I pronounce Gbajabiamila. This thing has being bugging since d nigga became speaker, I actually stayed glued to my tv during swearing in so I could here d pronunciation from d news caster but was distracted at d key moment by customers at d shop on dat day

It's easy. It's pronounced Baba ji amala,

Alternatively, you could go for the English translation (Baba stole amala) if you're still finding it difficult to pronounce.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The "Beautiful" Railway Lines Buhari Built In Lagos. (pictures) / Orji Kalu: IBB True Statesman, Accomplished Nation Builder / Gov Ayade Watching South African Breasts Woman (censored Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.