Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. (3462 Views)

Help...my RX300 Doesn't Rev Above 2200rpm With Trac Off / Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm / Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2019
Good day nairalanders.
I have a Honda CRV 2004 that I bought from someone recently. I noticed after awhile that the fuel consumption is high (20 litres for >100km) and also the exhaust tail pipe outlet is black not brownish. So, I went to a mechanic who told me that I have to change my injector noozles (they are weak). I gave him the go ahead to change them. Also, in the process, he removed the VTEC solenoid valve (behind the upper part of the cylinder) and clean it. I went home peacefully that night and also noticed a change in the exhaust tail pipe outlet colour.
The next day, I started the car, it starts then stalls (like air or fuel not enough). I put my foot on the gas pedal and hold for like a minute before the could idle. I took it back to him, he changed the noozles, clean the throttle body + sensors and the car starts fine again. Next day, the problem resurfaced again, my car couldn't IDLE.

I decided to follow the trend of putting my foot on the gas pedal for it to idle. All these while, the car drives fine after starting on the highway not until last week as I was about leaving my place of work. I tried using the same method to get the car started but it refused. I had to increase RPM through the throttle cable for me to drive it home because it was already late.
Since then, I have not had peace with the car. In short, right now the car sounds like something else. the engine shakes at idle (even with high rpm), the very hot air puffing out of the exhaust tail pipe is crazy and the exhaust pipe sounds like a lister generator. The car cannot rev past 3000rpm while driving and my brake pedal is kind of hard not the usual way it used to be.
Note: The PCV valve was cleaned, the IMRC in the intake manifold was also cleaned. Noozles checked and serviced, spark plugs changed. The mechanic now said that it is the valves inside the cylinder but I don't want him to open my engine.

Please I need guidance, I am tired of these mechanic and electrician.
@GAZZUZZ
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2019
a lot of repairs and no scan results, no use of a scan tool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by autologic: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Seems your vacuum hose has been routed incorrectly and loads of kazeemisation has been added ,find a more sensible mechanic to unkazeemised grin the car first and scan the car and then check your vacuum hose for leaks and wrong routing .

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by TRYGO(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2019
1. Weren't there malfunction lights lit on the dashboard before all these, or you just decided to take the shorter way?
You should have scanned that car first, before any parts replacement.

2. The exhaust making that noise is just because of the engine speed is extremely low(might be even below 400rpm).

3. The problem of the car, from your descriptions, could be stemming from from the MAF/MAF sensors all incorporated on the throttle assembly (that's what I think might be causing the exhaust black smokes, and probably idling issues).
Note on Honda brands, the MAF isn't on the intake plumbing as on other brands.
You either replace the throttle assembly completely, or replaced the sensors concerned.

4. For the lack of idling on that car, replace the IDLE AIR CONTROL SENSOR(OR SWITCH). Its attached to the throttle assembly. Has some sort of torx screw head on it.
Sometimes when its filled with carbon deposits, you've such problems.

5. Finally, wiring issues could affect it your idling true.

6. Try the vacuum checks as suggested by someone here first before replacing parts.

7. There's no way, those injector nozzles could have failed at the same to e, and caused the excessive fuel consumption problem at first.

8. Do keep us posted on your progress pls

Regards,
Joseph(08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2019
First thing sir change your mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
a lot of repairs and no scan results, no use of a scan tool.
I will go for a scan after work. That has been on my mind after what happened. My bad...I thought it could be resolved without scan because they use that as an advantage here in Abuja. To scan alone, 3k/4k
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
TRYGO:
1. Weren't there malfunction lights lit on the dashboard before all these, or you just decided to take the shorter way?
You should have scanned that car first, before any parts replacement.

2. The exhaust making that noise is just because of the engine speed is extremely low(might be even below 400rpm).

3. The problem of the car, from your descriptions, could be stemming from from the MAF/MAF sensors all incorporated on the throttle assembly (that's what I think might be causing the exhaust black smokes, and probably idling issues).
Note on Honda brands, the MAF isn't on the intake plumbing as on other brands.
You either replace the throttle assembly completely, or replaced the sensors concerned.

4. For the lack of idling on that car, replace the IDLE AIR CONTROL SENSOR(OR SWITCH). Its attached to the throttle assembly. Has some sort of torx screw head on it.
Sometimes when its filled with carbon deposits, you've such problems.

5. Finally, wiring issues could affect it your idling true.

6. Try the vacuum checks as suggested by someone here first before replacing parts.

7. There's no way, those injector nozzles could have failed at the same to e, and caused the excessive fuel consumption problem at first.

8. Do keep us posted on your progress pls

Regards,
Joseph(08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos

Sincerely, I am regretting not scanning the car first. I hope they have not caused more damage than necessary. I will scan after work.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by autologic: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
[quote author=bimpet08 post=79870715]
I will go for a scan after work. That has been on my mind after what happened. My bad...I thought it could be resolved without scan because they use that as an advantage here in Abuja. To scan alone, 3k/4k[/quote search for autoelect on nairaland ,he is in Abuja
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by diportivo: 4:05am On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

I will go for a scan after work. That has been on my mind after what happened. My bad...I thought it could be resolved without scan because they use that as an advantage here in Abuja. To scan alone, 3k/4k

this 3k-4k that they are using as an advantage in Abuja would have been an advantage to u by not making u spend spend and spend

at this rate,u have spent more than 4k without solution, will spend the 4k for scanning,and will still spend much more than 4k for repairs

advantage is an ass bro......ride or get ridden
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by jum33: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

This is a typical case of Pennywise pound foolish you don't want to waste 3/4k for scanning ,you have already burnt up to 40k with more problems added and still no solutions yet .Do we call that ignorance or stupidity .This is the kind of customer that will be willing to use 200k to buy part but doesn't believe in paying for the service charge to fix the part ,God don catch you today .
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 11:05am On Jul 03, 2019
jum33:

This is a typical case of Pennywise pound foolish you don't want to waste 3/4k for scanning ,you have already burnt up to 40k with more problems added and still no solutions yet .Do we call that ignorance or stupidity .This is the kind of customer that will be willing to use 200k to buy part but doesn't believe in paying for the service charge to fix the part ,God don catch you today .

Ahn ahn eh sir. Dis is too much na grin grin grin
Tender mercy with justice biko. Lets help a brother out. I believe he has learnt his lesson now.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2019
diportivo:

this 3k-4k that they are using as an advantage in Abuja would have been an advantage to u by not making u spend spend and spend

at this rate,u have spent more than 4k without solution, will spend the 4k for scanning,and will still spend much more than 4k for repairs

advantage is an ass bro......ride or get ridden
Word!!!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by kingreign(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

My garage is in abuja, we fix Honda but I won't accept your car.
Reason is its been malhandled, and no scan indicated in your writeup, also, you look for cheap alternative to doing the right thing.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by jceesquare(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2019
kingreign:

My garage is in abuja, we fix Honda but I won't accept your car.
Reason is its been malhandled, and no scan indicated in your writeup, also, you look for cheap alternative to doing the right thing.

So what's your point again sir? You don't need to rub it on his face if you know you can't accept his car in your shop.
You've made your point in earlier post, and OP has realized his mistakes. Telling him you have answers to his problems but won't fix it does not make sense to me.

9 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2019
jceesquare:

So what's your point again sir? You don't need to rub it on his face if you know you can't accept his car in your shop.
You've made your point in earlier post, and OP has realized his mistakes. Telling him you have answers to his problems but won't fix it does not make sense to me.

It doesn't need to make sense to you. It make sense to people who's been in my shoes of accepting such repair out of empathy, only to be dragged and disgraced. So I am saying in essence, and in advance, no one should call me for that.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by jceesquare(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2019
kingreign:

It doesn't need to make sense to you. It make sense to people who's been in my shoes of accepting such repair out of empathy, only to be dragged and disgraced. So I am saying in essence, and in advance, no one should call me for that.
I understand your point perfectly well, but you don't need to rub it on his face. Besides him no talk say him dey carry motor come your shop na.

9 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
grin
I no fit laff. Kingreign wicked sha. OP no say e dey find U come u don reject d car already.... hehehhe

Anyways in the spirit of brotherhood. OP when U r ready come lets talk so we can carefully diagnose this issue for U.
First we need scan result of all the systems.
Second. What are the symptoms you are currently experiencing?
State whatever observation U feel we newd to kno.
Repair history will help too... thanks.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by kingreign(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
AutoMoTech:
grin
I no fit laff. Kingreign wicked sha. OP no say e dey find U come u don reject d car already.... hehehhe

Anyways in the spirit of brotherhood. OP when U r ready come lets talk so we can carefully diagnose this issue for U.
First we need scan result of all the systems.
Second. What are the symptoms you are currently experiencing?
State whatever observation U feel we newd to kno.
Repair history will help too... thanks.

I no wicked bros, I am infavt very kind and altruistic. I am only guarding my self.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
jum33:

Oga. This is too much nah. I don scan now. Help after all the insults.

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by seanfer(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Is this a list of Books or Marriage list?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Ok dts good. Seen the list. Now lets help u get this fixed.

P0341 has to do with your variable timing control.
Things to check/test
1. Timing chain (damaged or stretched). Ensure timing is properly set. MAke sure the cam and crank sensors are properly socketed. Replace if found bad.
2. Remove VTC control solenoid valve. Check if it is clogged and if it is functioning properly. Ensure it is not stuxk close or stuck open. There is a also some sort of a strain that cleans dirt in the oil. Ensure it is clean. And before carrying out this tests, ensure your engine oil properly guaged. Low oil can also throw this code atimes.

For P0135 and P0141
Check your O2 sensor circuit. Both the sensor circuit and the heater circuit.
Check the fuse, look for wire that's cut, test the o2 sensor ensure they are working properly. If not replace.

For the ABS codes, check the ABS module. Is it awake?
Then check the sensors ensure the wires are not cut open or imoroperly improperly socketed.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Things to check/test
1. Timing chain (damaged or stretched). Ensure timing is properly set. MAke sure the cam and crank sensors are properly socketed. Replace if found bad.
2. Remove VTC control solenoid valve. Check if it is clogged and if it is functioning properly. Ensure it is not stuxk close or stuck open. There is a also some sort of a strain that cleans dirt in the oil. Ensure it is clean. And before carrying out this tests, ensure your engine oil properly guaged. Low oil can also throw this code atimes.

For P0135 and P0141
Check the fuse, look for wire that's cut, test the o2 sensor ensure they are working properly. If not replace.

For P0662 and P1078
Kindly look online, there are enough videos that will guide you through the proper diagnosis and fix. Its a ling process so i cant stat typing everything here.

Then check the sensors ensure the wires are not cut open or imoroperly improperly socketed.

Best of luck bro
Now lets beg kingreign to allow u bring the car
Hehehehehe
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by toxxnoni(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
how much is gearbox sensor for Honda EOD
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by toxxnoni(m): 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
kingreign:

I no wicked bros, I am infavt very kind and altruistic. I am only guarding my self.
I need to come see you ooo
I dey abuja and my Honda dey misbehave... e no won get respect for his owner... I need you to teach d Honda some manners

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by autologic: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Search for autoelect .he is in Abuja.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
autologic:

Search for autoelect .he is in Abuja.
AutoelectNG
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Things to check/test

For P0135 and P0141

Thank you. The problem is from the timing chain. Its overstretched and then i bought new adjuster. But the mechanic could not complete the repairs because of rainfall. I will keep you posted. Thank you.

Update

My car is back and strong! All issues resolved. no codes, no errors. Special thanks to you.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
[quote author=AutoMoTech post=79908065][/quote]
The problem will be solved even if it cost me more. He is not God! undecided
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Lol broda dt was just banter at kingreign o. All good bro
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Thank you. The problem is from the timing chain. Its overstretched and then i bought new adjuster. But the mechanic could not complete the repairs because of rainfall. I will keep you posted. Thank you.
Wow nice to hear. However since U av opened the engine already. Why not take a look at the other timing components and ensure dey r good. So U dnt recouple and have to open up d engine again?
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by kingreign(m): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
bimpet08:

Na God command you to butcher your car abi?
Yeye talk and ingredients.
Re: Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. by bimpet08: 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
kingreign:

Na God command you to butcher your car abi?
Yeye talk and ingredients.

grin grin grin why u dey vex nah? Na you buy am for me in the first place. Stay off my radar and face your own shit bros.
Abuja is too big for only one man to feel like a superhero.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty / Grew / Abandoned Bentley Gt(one Man's Trash, Another's Treasure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.