Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel (10662 Views)

BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic) / Heavy Traffic In Port-Harcourt As Residents Scramble To Beat Curfew (Video) / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by montumonami(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
No clean air to even breath
thegreencoal:
Lagos state is overrated. undecided
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by sammhi(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Omoapena:
Sanwo olu needs to enforce a very strict law on tankers moving in day lights, they are the ones liable for 60% of lagos traffic...
FRSC , VIO, bad roads are major cause of traffic . VIO and FRSc indiscriminate stopping of vehicles on the road causes bottleneck. They come out as early as 7:30am or 8am.
Gosh
FRSc has no business on Lagos roads ...let them move to interstate highways . VIO are supposed to be in their garage assessing every vehicle before issuing out Roadworthines . ..no..instead they are on the road causing traffic....
We are missing Ambode Pls Sanwo Olu lets us forget Ambode .......put these guys back to their proper place

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by rusher14: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Tell the zoo to grant them independence if they will not leave that mega slum.

Without independence people would not live in their own enclaves?
grin
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by simple250: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
Anoti1:
I was on my way back home this morning when it started. Diesel was being spilled like water on the express by a stationary tanker at Alapere Estate junction.

Drivers heading to berger parked few meters from the tanker for fear of explosion.The Driver of the vehicle I was in realized it late and tried applying brakes but the diesel on the road prevented the car from stopping.

The car finally stopped after hitting one of the parked vehicles. That's when I knew there was trouble, because instead of the owner of the hit vehicle to come down and start making trouble, baba jst came out and started running away.... very fast o.

Omo, that's how all of us came down and started running o. I kuku ran back home coz I live in the nearby estate. I cannot come and die.

Baba can always get another car but life NO WAY
cheesy local man is impressed
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by erinalex: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
thegreencoal:
Lagos state is overrated. undecided
Then ask your brothers to go back home.

After all, No place like home.

This wailing has Never and will Never help us .
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by karma2000: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
Inevitable
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
rusher14:

Without independence people would not live in their own enclaves?
grin
But not everyone is living in Lagos like u claim
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by DennisEche(m): 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
Benekruku:
The FRSC and LATSMA have been a complete failure with regards to trucking in Lagos.

Just take a look at the truck conveying fuel in a city.

And the pain about this is that both institutions have personnels at loading stations. They just overlook and pass every truck that can move.

Damn! Any truck whose age is above 10years should not be allowed to move products or cargo

[b]Jesus Krest
! ***Local man is ashamed***[/b]
see this fukking headslammer follower of a pedophile prophet (mud)war be upon him mocking Jesus Christ. I hope you know your your so call prophet is a rapist. Raping Aisha at a tender age
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by PassiveNaira: 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
Mayor08:
Good afternoon guyz, please I'm in need of a source of income.. I'm struggling to rise after going through some life challenging issues.. I'm currently learning some skills(photoshop, video editing, graphic design) so i just need a mean to earn so i can feed and get some required tools to learn(laptop)...u can call or whatsapp... 08103249342

You can put up your graphics skill on Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer etc.
You can as well seek any place those skills could be used and volunteer as intern or little stipends.

Try to do other volunteer works in your locality. They might not bring money as you expect but it will help your boredom
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by Mayor08: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
PassiveNaira:

You can put up your graphics skill on Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer etc.
You can as well seek any place those skills could be used and volunteer as intern or little stipends.

Try to do other volunteer works in your locality. They might not bring money as you expect but it will help your boredom
I just started... Not yet that skilled to take up a job, i also don't have a laptop yet
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by rusher14: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
But not everyone is living in Lagos like u claim

Is 15 million not too much for such a small space?
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by Benekruku(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
[s]
DennisEche:

see this fukking headslammer follower of a pedophile prophet (mud)war be upon him mocking Jesus Christ. I hope you know your your so call prophet is a rapist. Raping Aisha at a tender age
[/s]

Why are you confusing yourself.
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by nedu2000(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
Benekruku:
The FRSC and LATSMA have been a complete failure with regards to trucking in Lagos.

Just take a look at the truck conveying fuel in a city.

And the pain about this is that both institutions have personnels at loading stations. They just overlook and pass every truck that can move.

Damn! Any truck whose age is above 10years should not be allowed to move products or cargo

Jesus Krest! ***Local man is ashamed***
do you think tankers are sold for 1naira,these are not disposable baby nappies they cost tens of millions of naira,what you can advocate is maintainance.
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
sammhi:

FRSC , VIO, bad roads are major cause of traffic . VIO and FRSc indiscriminate stopping of vehicles on the road causes bottleneck. They come out as early as 7:30am or 8am.
Gosh
FRSc has no business on Lagos roads ...let them move to interstate highways . VIO are supposed to be in their garage assessing every vehicle before issuing out Roadworthines . ..no..instead they are on the road causing traffic....
We are missing Ambode Pls Sanwo Olu lets us forget Ambode .......put these guys back to their proper place

VIO.& road marshals should be on the road picking out glaringly unsafe vehicles like that tanker, but instead they target private motorists with no obvious violations and start checking registration documents as if they are professors.

Ordinarily those useless animals in uniform are NOT supposed to flag people down unless they see you break a traffic law or they spot a safety defect on your car. But they pull immaculate private cars to the road shoulder and start chatting shït while a danfo with no lamps or indicators blows past unmolested Because the danfos pay them protection fee on a regular.
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by Benekruku(m): 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
nedu2000:
do you think tankers are sold for 1naira,these are not disposable baby nappies they cost tens of millions of naira,what you can advocate is maintainance.

10years is fair from production date. This will be bring in big players into haulage.

If I want to be more sympathetic, I could say such laws should only be applicable to petroleum and cargo haulage trucks. We have dead trucks on roads.

Look at that truck in the picture, what maintenance does it require it again.
Re: Lagos: Heavy traffic along Alapere-Oworonsoki-Ojota axis as tanker spills fuel by Alejobs: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nigeria need more of the good people to stand up and be counted!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / Abuja Light Rail To Create 20,000 Jobs Says Perm. Sec. / Railway Corporation Generates N80million From Abuja-kaduna Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.