Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG (1558 Views)

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Ganduje: We Are Opposed To The Breakup Of Nigeria / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A (2) (3) (4)

You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Tuesday said the Federal Government should only implement the Ruga settlement policy in states where the people are not objected to it.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Sagay said any state opposed to the scheme should not be compelled to do so by the Federal Government.

He also added that the scheme if implemented will improve the quality of livestock and reduce clashes between farmers and herdsmen to the barest minimum.

“I support the Ruga policy on the condition that no state that does not want it should be compelled to do so”.

Sagay urged the Federal Government to come out with a statement that states who reject the Ruga scheme would not be compelled to do so.

“So, I support the Ruga policy with one major condition, which is that no state that does not want it should be compelled to have it.

“In other words, only states that want it and want to implement it should have it. If any state does not want it, you just leave that state aside.

“There will be no question of anybody complaining. If I want it, I get it. If I don’t want it, I won’t get it. Nobody should complain on my behalf. That will become oppressive.

“Each state should speak for itself and the Federal Government should make it clear that it is purely consensual.

“Only states that want it will have it. Any state that does not want it will be left alone. That should be made very clear. With that condition, I fully support it.”

https://www.independent.ng/fg-shouldnt-force-ruga-on-states-that-are-opposed-to-it-sagay/

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by alizma: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
I support APC government but i am very much against this RUGA stuff.
I am here to strongly warn the west/south to outrightly reject RUGA because someone once said, and i believe that the day you give a fulani man a portion of your land is the day you officially sign the C of O of the entire land in favor of the fulani man. If the claim on the entire land didn't happen in your life time, it will definitely happen after you are gone but one thing is certain, it will happen.
How can someone in the north be talking about RUGA in the west/south when there are enough idle land in the north, what is there justification to leave the idle land in the north and struggle for the little in the west/south?
We we grew up to know that the headsmen are in the north, let them remain there, if transportation cost will increase the cost of cow meet, let it be.
If you are asking for cow market in each state, that is understandable but RUGA-is a capital no

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
Good advice but i doubt if Buhari will listen

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
So this one still get small sense. Wonderful! grin

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by tundeontop: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Pig farmers also needs lands all over Nigeria for their pig farming.
What's for the geese is good for the ganders!

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by valirex: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Good advice but i doubt if Buhari will listen

If he doesn't listen, then the country will go to war.

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by Abfinest007(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
buhari is a comedian .he refused to sign the free trade agreement bcoz he is afraid of neighbouring countries but want to give land to these same set of people

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by ManspaceBarber(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
Who is funding Ruga

Those who don’t want Ruga must be given their share of the money to use on what they like

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
agreed
krendo:
Who is funding Ruga

Those who don’t want Ruga must be given their share of the money to use on what they like

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by ValCon888: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
This was their agenda all along. They knew if they had mentioned "Ruga" during the first term or even before the elections the West and the South would unite to vote massively against them without caring about who is in PDP or APC.

Ministers are yet to be appointed and now they are pushing for this abominable policy. Where is Tinubu? Where is Oshiomole? What is their stance on this issue that has threatened to tear the country apart?

Even Pro-Buharists on this forum are silent on this matter.
I guess the chicken has come home to roost.

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by leofab(f): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fact h
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Aswell as funds for Ruga should be shared equally amongst states also.. they dont want Ruga settlements does not mean they dont have other grieviances between its residents.

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
for the first time Prof. you are saying the very truth in gov't...cheers

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Will they listen to him?

valentineuwakwe:
for the first time Prof. you are saying the very truth in gov't...cheers
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 8:10am On Jul 03, 2019
Nobody eats pigs in the North so that won't be considered

tundeontop:
Pig farmers also needs lands all over Nigeria for their pig farming.
What's for the geese is good for the ganders!
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Tuesday said the Federal Government should only implement the Ruga settlement policy in states where the people are not objected to it.

Speaking with Daily Independent, Sagay said any state opposed to the scheme should not be compelled to do so by the Federal Government.

He also added that the scheme if implemented will improve the quality of livestock and reduce clashes between farmers and herdsmen to the barest minimum.

“I support the Ruga policy on the condition that no state that does not want it should be compelled to do so”.

Details later.
https://www.independent.ng/fg-shouldnt-force-ruga-on-states-that-are-opposed-to-it-sagay/
Sagay should display his political and legal maturity by donating his father's land for the RUGA-rization exercise.
Sai Next Level. cheesy

cc Amatarasha lzaa adaibeku sarrki metaphysical QueenSekxy Bridget95 mrchineke yarimo gaskiyamagana baysol helinues
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by tundeontop: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Nobody eats pigs in the North so that won't be considered

nobody eats pigs? Don't say that please, I was born and brought in Kaduna!

Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2019
What of Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi and other core northern states. Kaduna is 50 50

tundeontop:
nobody eats pigs? Don't say that please, I was born and brought in Kaduna!
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by festacman(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2019
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by freeze001(f): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2019
They are not so silent o! Sarrki and metaphysical don nearly commit suicide for the matter...Dem no gree hear word when people wey dey see far dey warn dem agaonst dia bubu love. See am today na

ValCon888:
This was their agenda all along. They knew if they had mentioned "Ruga" during the first term or even before the elections the West and the South would unite to vote massively against them without caring about who is in PDP or APC.

Ministers are yet to be appointed and now they are pushing for this abominable policy. Where is Tinubu? Where is Oshiomole? What is their stance on this issue that has threatened to tear the country apart?

Even Pro-Buharists on this forum are silent on this matter.
I guess the chicken has come home to roost.
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by tundeontop: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
What of Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi and other core northern states. Kaduna is 50 50

We have Christians in those states too...They deserve to eat their choice of meats too!
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by hisexcellency34: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
True

tundeontop:
We have Christians in those states too...They deserve to eat their choice of meats too!
Re: You Can't Force Ruga On States That Are Opposed To It, Sagay Tells FG by payosehtor(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
Whatever economic benefit that comes with That controversial LUGAlization/Fulanilized policy, we don't want it in Benue state.

Buhari Banned Rice And Milk Produce In The North But Allow Hyundai Motor / APC Edo Campaign Flag Off: Adams Oshiomhole Grand Entry / Day 5 DNA Test Challenge; Kanu Scared Of DNA Test