Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

How To Start A Consulting Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Consulting Business? (295 Views)

Can I Open A Customer Service Consulting Business With 500k? / How To Save Your Consulting Business By Shifting Online / How To Start A Consulting Business: Determine Your Business Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Consulting Business? by iamalex(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
The dictionary defines a consultant as “an expert in a particular field who works as an advisor either for a company or for another person”. Sounds pretty vague, right? But if you haven’t been in a coma in the past decade, you probably have a good idea of ​​what a consultant is.

Companies certainly understand what consultants are. In 1997, American companies spent just over $ 12 billion on consulting. According to Anna Flowers, a representative of the Association of Professional Consultants in Irvine, California, the association recently noticed an increase in the number of requests for information from people who want to enter the business. “The market is opening to [consulting for business],” says Flowers.

Melinda P., an independent consultant in Arlington, Va., Believes that more and more people fall into the consulting industry because HR technology makes it easier. “The same technology that helped me succeed as a consultant allowed others to do the same,” she says.

The work of the consultant is to advise. No more, no less. It is so simple. There is no magic formula or secret that makes one consultant more successful than another.

But what distinguishes a good consultant from a bad one is passion and a desire for perfection. And - oh yes - a good consultant should be aware of the subject on which he or she consults. It really matters.

You see, today, anyone can be a consultant. All you need to know is that your particular endowment. For example, is it very convenient for you to work on computers? Do you keep up with the latest software and hardware information that seems to change almost daily? And can you take the knowledge gained and turn it into a resource for which someone would like to pay money? Then you will have no problems working as a computer consultant.

Or are you an expert in fundraising? You may have worked in non-profit agencies in the areas of fundraising, marketing, public relations, or sales, and over the years you have learned how to raise money. As a person who has turned a decade of success in fundraising into a profitable consulting business, I can tell you that fundraising consulting is indeed a growing industry.

What you need to consider before becoming a consultant

What certificates and special licensing do I need? Depending on your profession, you may need special certification or a special license before you can start working on Nokia 2 screen protector. For example, fundraising consultants do not need special certification, although you can get certification through the National Society of Fundraising Managers. And in some states, you may need to register as a professional fundraising consultant before starting your business.

Do I have the right to become a consultant? Before you hang out your pebbles and hope that customers will start beating you up to hire you, make sure you have the qualifications you need to do the job. For example, if you want to become a computer consultant, make sure that in the knowledge department you are aware of all the trends and changes in the computer industry.
Am I organized enough to become a consultant? I like to plan your day? I'm an expert when it comes to time management? You should have answered “yes” to all three questions!

I like the network? The network is critical to the success of any type of consultant today. Start building your network of contacts immediately.
Have I set long-term and short-term goals? And do they allow me to become a consultant? If your goals do not coincide with the time and energy required to open and successfully build a consulting business, think again before taking any steps in this direction!

(1) (Reply)

Latest Hot App That Pay Without Any Money Of Sign Up / LCD TV For Sale Hot / Proudly Made In Nigeria Craft To Thr World Come See!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.