Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 (5042 Views)

BREAKING: Inflation In Nigeria Reaches 12.34% In April / NSE: Market Indices Up By 0.34% / External Reserves Hit $38.7bn, Rise By 50% In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by anonimi: 5:56am On Jul 03, 2019
Pistotita:
Hmmm! The British are damn smart. And I think this is more of Jagaban's network. Of course, Buhari has no clue of what to do with the economy as he is a real disaster to Nigeria. No wonder the British prime Minister spent more than in Lagos when he came.

But to me it is not good news. We need more factories opened. We must stsrt producing. And it is power disturbing us. We need real cash tied down in Nigeria and not gimmicks. Well, it is not a bad start. Hopefully this regime rolls out fast so that Buhari and his men can go sleep.

Most people making comments do not understand the figures and cannot interprete them. Too many illiterates in this country. Just shaking my head with the comments above.

Unfortunately the old fraud in Aso Rock does not understand that and those who packaged him were aware of his failure in the economy back then.
Are we not in trouble

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

More from: http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4884294_mistake_jpeg702a2602bc7f166e23ca39e4552fd42f

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by anonimi: 5:57am On Jul 03, 2019
porka:
MTN

How/what do you mean please

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by aku626(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2019
courage89:

If 84% ($7.1 billion) of the capital importation was portfolio investment, how come this is not reflected on the stock market? $7 billion contribution to the stock market in Q1 should have had a positive effect,... what happened? The market is still experiencing its lackluster performance since last year. Let the propaganda continue.

thanks I was about doing my calculations when I saw your post most Excited about this news don’t even know the metrics well enough.
Small wins are important, however we need them more often than it’s at the moment.
You’ve walking through the desert and you get rewarded by a pinch of water to quench the thirst with no sight or promise of water for another 4 miles.
Rubbish
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by israelmao(m): 6:37am On Jul 03, 2019
This government revolves just like a barber's seat.
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by frowland(m): 6:52am On Jul 03, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Where the useless foreign investment enter way we no see am?
It was reported by a known IPOB newspaper. Better take this question to them.
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by Ijaya123: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2019
beresponsible:
Na lie. Which foreigner want invest for this shytehole.

Vanguard newspaper na liar abi?
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2019
trueking:
"Where did the investments go" ? You see poor answers from zombies complaining about wailers, no cogent or reasonable reply from any one of them, in other words they too do not know.

Well their questions are not valid and neither is your education. It's all numbers and statistics that you probably won't understand.
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by spenca: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
They are often into the capital market in terms of investment in bonds and other securities
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by Bizibi(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2019
I'm surprised some people are happy here, small wins is important..... Some people are mad!!!
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2019
courage89:

If 84% ($7.1 billion) of the capital importation was portfolio investment, how come this is not reflected on the stock market? $7 billion contribution to the stock market in Q1 should have had a positive effect,... what happened? The market is still experiencing its lackluster performance since last year. Let the propaganda continue.
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by ba7man(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2019
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by ba7man(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
You're always looking for negativity in the country so you won't see it.

I've seen mine sha.

People like you will continue to get negativity in Nigeria since that's all you look for.

You find what you seek. undecided
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by Biodun556(m): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2019
netpro:

All wailers only like bad news about Nigeria. If Vanguard had reported a 34% loss, you would have believed and get excited too.

People are wicked. They await bad news everyday, if they don't see any they will create it. There was a reported case where some will go carry corpses in murtuary mutilate and put them in open places and claim they were killed by people they hate to see.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by es144000: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
most of it is portfolio investment (shares) which only helps the foreign exchange market
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by grandstar(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
ayokellany:
The value of total foreign investments into the country rose by 34.6 percent year-on-year to $8.5 billion in the first quarter of 2019 (Q1’19). This is contained in the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)

Capital Importation report for Q1’19 released yesterday. The report said: “The total value of capital importation into Nigeria stood at $8.485 billion in the first quarter of 2019. This represents an increase of 216.03% compared to Q4 2018 and 34.61% increase compared to the first quarter of 2018.”

The largest amount of capital importation by type was received through Portfolio Investment, which accounted for 84.21 percent ($7.1 billion) of total capital importation, followed by heading captured as ‘Other Investment’, which accounted for 12.91 percent ($1.1 billion) of total capital, and then Foreign Direct Investment, FDI, which accounted for 2.86 percent ($243.36million) of total capital imported in Q1’19.

By sector, Capital importation by banking dominated Q1’19 reaching $2.9 billion of the total capital importation in Q1’19. The United Kingdom emerged as the top source of capital investment in Nigeria in Q1’19 with $4.5 billion. This accounted for 53.40 percent of the total capital inflow in Q1’19. By Destination of Investment, Lagos state continued to emerge as the top destination of capital investment in Nigeria in Q1’19 with $4.8 billion, accounting for 56.25 percent of the total capital inflow in Q1’19. By Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc emerged at the top of capital investment in Nigeria in Q1’19 with $3.6billion, accounting for 42.5 percent of the total capital inflow in Q1’19.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/foreign-investments-into-nigeria-rise-by-34-in-q119/

Does the purchase of treasury bills count as portfolio investment? Then the increase means very little.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by urahara(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
grandstar:

Does the purchase of treasury bills count as portfolio investment? Then the increase means very little.

The fdi fah is very small.
Re: Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Rise By 34% In Q1’19 by HimName: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
post=79889798:

Some people ask; where are the FG achievements? Well, if wailers and children of hate and perdition are of such mindset, unfortunately they can't be helped. We don't have the authority to mix spittle with clay, put on their eyes, and direct them to go to Siloam pool, wash, and come back seeing. Once anybody decides to be willfully blind, no matter what you push in front of his eyes, he wouldn't see. If he decides to be willfully deaf, even if there are thunder peals by his ears, he won't hear.
Enemies of the country will be blind and deaf forever.
No be curse,
Na fact!

My brother, you are a patriot.

You can only wake a man who is sleeping, not the one pretending to be.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts / HAVE A CHAT WITH OTUNBA AKIN ALABI (punters vs bookies lounge) / What's Postal Code Of Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.