Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa (1777 Views)

Conductor Set Ablaze By Mob In Lagos After Stabbing Passenger To Death (Graphic) / Man Tears His Lover’s Pant & Bra In Lagos After She Denied Him Sex / Man Commits Suicide In Lagos After His Girlfriend Left Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by tstx(m): 8:38am On Jul 03, 2019
The family of Muyiwa Olushola is in mourning after the computer programmer allegedly committed suicide by taking a drink suspected to be laced with an insecticide , Sniper, at Mosadolorun in the Iba Local Council Development Area of Lagos State .

PUNCH Metro gathered from neighbours that the deceased ’ s mother had gone for a vigil , leaving him at home with his father , Segun, and sister , Tosin , when he suddenly started screaming for help around midnight , but efforts to immediately gain access to his room proved abortive .

Eventually , the door to the room was broken and upon entry , Muyiwa was seen lying unconsciously on the floor with a foamy substance coming out of his mouth .

The 33 - year - old was reportedly rushed to hospital for medical aid but gave up the ghost on the way.

Investigation was said to have revealed that the deceased allegedly consumed a drink suspected to have been laced with Sniper, as a bottle of an alcoholic drink , two bottles of the insecticide and a cup were found on the floor of his room.

When our correspondent visited the area on Tuesday , it was observed that the house , where the deceased lived with his parents and sibling had been locked.

One of the neighbours , who did not want to be identified , said the scream of Muyiwa ’ s father and his repeated banging on the door alerted her and others to the incident , adding that it took about an hour before anybody could gain access to the deceased ’ s room.

The neighbour said , “ Around midnight on July 1 , I heard Muyiwa’ s father screaming his name and asking him to open the door , so I quickly alerted my husband, who calmed me down saying the noise could be due to a minor issue
“ But when the man continued screaming and banging on the door , we had to rush out to find out what was happening, and when we got to their apartment , we saw the father trying to force his way into Muyiwa ’ s room .

“ The sister, Tosin , said they were inside when they suddenly heard the deceased screaming for help , but they could not enter his room , because he had bolted it from behind . It took over an hour before the door was opened and we saw Muyiwa lying helplessly on the floor and vomiting a foamy substance . We also saw an alcoholic drink , two bottles of Sniper and a cup. From what we gathered , that was the mixture he drank . ”

A resident of the area , who identified himself simply as Kamoru , said Muyiwa’ s death could be linked to depression , adding that the incident had prompted his family to temporarily relocate to another location .

Kamoru stated, “ Immediately the family members saw him on the floor , they quickly rushed him to a private hospital around Iba , but the doctor on duty referred them to the Igando General Hospital . They were on the way to hospital when he gave up.

“ I heard that he did not eat the food they gave him the previous day . I think he was depressed because he had been under a lot of pressure at home . ”
A close friend of the deceased , Babajide Adekunle , said Muyiwa had just been granted a Canadian visa and was scheduled to travel in October before his death.

Adekunle said , “ He went to Cyprus for his master ’ s and obtained a visa to travel to Canada recently after being denied on two previous attempts . We learnt that he was supposed to travel in October ; we are really unhappy that he took that kind of decision . He told us that his parents had been frustrating him at home and he decided to leave the house , but his mother disagreed with the idea .

“ He had even rented an apartment , but instead , the parents suggested that he should stay in another house that they built . They were overprotective of him , because he was their only surviving son after his younger brother , Seun , died some years ago . Now , he is gone and they are left with only Tosin . May God give them the fortitude to bear this loss . ”

Efforts made by our correspondent to get the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana , to react to the incident , proved abortive as he did not pick several calls made to his telephone line , while a text message sent to him had not been replied as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/computer-programmer-commits-suicide-after-securing-canadian-visa/

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by daddytime(m): 8:42am On Jul 03, 2019
Village people....why whyyyyyy

What is this in God's name?

Why did you have to tow this cowardly and selfish route bro?

So sad.

My heart goes out to his loved ones...

1 Like

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by tstx(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
daddytime:
Village people....why whyyyyyy
What is this in God's name?
Why did you have to tow this cowardly and selfish route bro?
So sad.
My heart goes out to his loved ones...

I smell foul play though
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Nbote(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
Afta securing visa to Canada he committed suicide? Village ppl 1 Olushola Family 0

3 Likes

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2019
For the first time in my life I shiver at seeing someone who was close to me publicised as dead in the papers.

Muyiwa why na
When I heard the news E pain me
He was a very serious and studious guy
Can yab me because I was always high on some cheap alcohol and cigarettes way back in Futa
He so like church.
I can tiff your beans way back for block three abiola hall

This is why I say to whom much is given much is expected
We all graduated and went to hustle
My guy still dey read book
For wetin na.
Sotay I no fit ask am for facebook say how Pikin. Because I know say na career he face. He never still gallant. Meanwhile we wey be drunkards Don hammer , Don born finish self.
Book book Book.
Never boast of him personal cash.
I no go talk pass like this. No matter wetin I talk it won't bring him back.

Bottom line allow your kids be whatever they wanna be. Speak to them. Their voice can't be too small.
Safe journey muyiwa. You no do well but safe journey.

1 Like

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by tstx(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2019
Nbote:
Afta securing visa to Canada he committed suicide? Village ppl 1 Olushola Family 0

So sad
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Neoteny(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2019
What a waste of visa.
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by KevMitnick: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2019
There are a lot of families who exact too much unnecessary control over their children. They suppress their growth and development.

1 Like

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Bizmagneto: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2019
Nawa ooo. Parents should just be careful while talking to their children.
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Briller: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2019
tstx:

I smell foul play though
me

Maybe his parents didn't approve of his relocation to Canada and in the frustration, he decided to end it. My thoughts though.
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by sircrabo: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
His parents must have mounted so much pressure on him to do things against his will. Now he is in a better place where he will live his life. If the parents like, they can join him over there so they can continue monitoring him.

African parents can be overbearing sometimes. Some want to live their children's life after living theirs. Imagine a grown man of 33yrs of age. isn't he old enough to take decisions for himself ? A

At 20yrs , a child should be responsible for certain decisions, but some selfish parents always want their own interest protected first before the childs. This is the end result. Now they have nothing.

1 Like

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by tstx(m): 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
Briller:
me

Maybe his parents didn't approve of his relocation to Canada and in the frustration, he decided to end it. My thoughts though.

Maybe...
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Blackfire(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
The house no even fine...

Maybe the trauma of the house structure drove him to insanity...

My opinion, don't be stupid
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by tstx(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Blackfire:

shocked
Blackfire:

Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by shogsman(m): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
It took them an hour to break down a door, was the door made of vibranium steel,may he rest in peace.
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by judgementyard(m): 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2019
The dad is a very close friend of mine and the guy in question was a nice and humble young man. Liked by many in our community.R.I.P ..... no matter what you might be going through,always have it at the back of your mind that someone, sometime once passed through the situetion and came out stronger and wiser! Say NO to Suicide! cry
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by shesawesome(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
cry
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Kendumazy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Rest in peace to him.
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by OmoOshodi(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Next level
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by papaput2(m): 1:55am On Jul 04, 2019
Too much pressure for the male figure in the family
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Ilefoaye(m): 2:50am On Jul 04, 2019
omase o
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by starbuck(f): 5:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Them don wire this one jazz from village
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
KevMitnick:
There are a lot of families who exact too much unnecessary control over their children. They suppress their growth and development.

You're very correct. Its so annoying
Re: Computer Programmer Commits Suicide in Lagos After Securing Canadian Visa by sisisioge: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2019
All these weak selfish people sef! How could he do this to his family! Whew!

(1) (Reply)

Gun Battle Between Mushin Boys And Aguda Boys, One Killed (photos) / A Prisoner Asks Court For Human Meat As His Last Meal / This Is The Location Of Boko Haram In Borno States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.