Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Some Webhost Companies Give Depression - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Webhost Companies Give Depression (603 Views)

Dropping Your ATM Card Details Online On International Webhost Companies / How Is Qservers.net Webhost? / List Of Some Nigeria Webhost Company Backbone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by jmoore(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
Some webhost companies fill their adverts with "delicious words" but once you have paid them any more request by you will be ignored

Before I signed up for this webhosting company, I searched around and found out that it was popular, I sent mail and I was responded to, but once I have paid then a problem start coming up
The problem is that I installed a php cms script and I found out that when a user registers, the user does not receive any mail at all. I have tested the same script on another website hosted by another webhosting company and it worked well as users can receive mails,

The big problem is that the webhosting company has not responded since despite my complaints via email and sms, I will reveal the webhost name if this goes beyond saturday.
Below is a message sent to me with my account details, does it have anything to do with the mail function not working?

"SMTP/POP3 mail server: mail.mysite.com* email will not work until your domain resolved to our servers."

I wonder how long I will wait until whatever is resolved?
angry angry angry
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by DualCore1: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
ok
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2010
Please i will like to know the HOST name, grin grin grin

Don't wait till Saturday. Wait. Just 30 Minutes to exposition.

Let's be serious here undecided It's a minor issue, that you can talk your host into. Mentioning his name may not make him go out of business. It will only make his customers reduce by a minute fraction.!
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by jmoore(m): 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
Donpuzo:

Please i will like to know the HOST name, grin grin grin

Don't wait till Saturday. Wait. Just 30 Minutes to exposition.

Let's be serious here undecided It's a minor issue, that you can talk your host into. Mentioning his name may not make him go out of business. It will only make his customers reduce by a minute fraction.!

let me give them a grace period, my mail is receiving attention now, I will let it out if after Saturday nothing works out.
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2010
Is the HOST Company owner a Nairalander.

Maybe you could talk to some Nairlander who you are familiar with and know who is a friend to him to help talk to him!

Just a suggestion. Good night dude! kiss
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by DualCore1: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2010
Y'all need to take a trip to webhostingtalk.com and see how things are done there.

If you had no intentions of manning up to drop names, why come here to nag?
Seriously, why are you telling us?
Ok, so that we should take note of this and never patronise the hosting service of. . . WTF was the name again? Oh, its not fully Saturday yet.

Well in my experience the best answer to a nagging babe is "ok". I tend to experiment my experience in one field of expertise on another.
Re: Some Webhost Companies Give Depression by Afam4eva(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
What's the use of this thread anyway if you can't tell us the company you're referring to. Just like dual core said go to WHT and see how things are done. You don't just come here and tell us that a host is treating you badly and not give us the name of the host so that we can do some investigations and see who's wrong or right. Now post the host name already.

(1) (Reply)

Web Development Tutorial Tip / Nigerian Top-notch Web Design And Hosting With Free Domain / Develosigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.