Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It (378 Views)

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 / General Buratai: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by titiloyeblog: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he would leave Nigeria better than when he assumed its leadership by focusing on the tripod of tackling insecurity, promoting economic diversification and fighting corruption.
To this end, Buhari promised to pursue inclusive and participatory growth that would create opportunities for all.

The president Buhari made the pledge when he received members of the Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) at the State House, Abuja, on Tuesday.

He, however, warned that; “until Nigerians accept new values and cultivate better ways of living, the old ways of doing things will keep holding Nigeria back’’.

“We would continue to intensify our efforts and ensure that our promises to Nigerians are kept and fulfilled.

“One message that is dear to me, which I urge you to propagate is that I am determined to end security challenges we are facing in the country and make Nigeria a peaceful and a prosperous country.

“I campaign on three simple promises not different from those of 2015; to tackle insecurity, promote economic diversification and fight corruption.

Fulfilling these three promises are fundamental to taking Nigeria to the next level.”

He said efforts were made in the last four years to return Nigeria to a path of sustainable growth, especially in re-energizing the economy.

Buhari appreciated BMO for its diligence and sacrifices in ensuring effective communication with Nigerians, in spite of distractions.

“It is not an easy job to sell this administration’s successes: we are doing unpopular things in the face of powerful individuals and taking on vested interests who are accustomed to the corrupt old order.

“But we must do things the right way; if we promised change, then we must deliver it, regardless of whose interest we touch. There must be a manifest departure from the old order,’’ he stated.

The President commended the organization for supporting his vision since 2014 and propagating the achievements of the administration since 2015.

The Coordinator of the organization and Senior Special Assistant to the President, Malam Garba Shehu, said the group had grown into an institution.

Shehu said it was in place before elections in 2015, it remained throughout the President’s first term, and will outlive the second term.

He said the organization remained committed to the advancement of the Buhari presidency, attributing its survival to some good spirited Nigerians.

The Chairman of BMO, Chief Niyi Akinsiju, said the organization’s “situation room” had met every day since 2015, following the president’s directive that it should be cultivated into a communication hub after winning the elections.

Akinsiju said Buhari’s administration had achieved more than his predecessors, listing some of the key milestones to include resuscitation of railway, road and housing projects.

He also lauded the administration for initiating a social security platform that had catered for about 12 million Nigerians.

According to the BMO chairman, the revolution in the agricultural sector is historical with evidence of lifting many farmers out of poverty.

He, therefore, assured the President that BMO would work to propagate achievements of the second term, already branded Next Level.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/07/buhari-vows-to-leave-nigeria-better.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Share

Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by AntiBalaka: 11:24am On Jul 03, 2019
Just leave Nigeria and I bet you Nigeria will be 100% better off.

Goat

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by yarimo(m): 11:54am On Jul 03, 2019
Carry on sir, majority of Nigerians are happy with your style of leadership.
Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by helinues: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2019
We hope and pray so
Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by ladilawal82(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Taarh!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by Abeymills(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Wicked old clueless man gerara here
Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by positivelord: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
" God Airpus"

Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by obi4eze(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
Justin the comic impostor
Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by SarkinYarki: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2019
It's not possible again , he has already gone down as the worst President in our history and i doubt any leadership in the future can be worse than what we have withnessed with is wicked man
Re: Buhari Vows To Leave Nigeria Better Than He Met It by wowcatty: 4:04am On Jul 04, 2019
Baba stop, this train has left the station!

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Reshuffles Cabinet, Drops 8 Commissioners / Insecurity: Nigeria Heading For Revolution, PFN Warns / SHOCKING! See List Of Diezani Alison Madueke Expensive Items Seized By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.