Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 (21275 Views)

Open Grazing: Herders Banned From South Should Return To Kano – Ganduje / General Buratai: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by another1: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Civil rights advocacy group, Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, has asked the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to return the price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas popularly called cooking gas to how he met it in May 2015 when he assumed office.

National Coordinator of HURIWA, Emmanuel Onwubiko, made this known in a chat with The PUNCH on Saturday.

According to Onwubiko, Nigerians have nothing to jubilate or rejoice over about the recent marginal drop in the cost of cooking gas.

According to PUNCH findings, the price of 12.5kg LPG has dropped from N8,800 to between N8400 and N8200. In some outlets, the price of the commodity dropped to between N7,800 and N8,000 as of Thursday.

The product had increased by 240 per cent for 12.5kg, moving up from N3,000 to N10,200 within the first 10 months of 2021.

The development forced some LPG users to shift to charcoal or firewood, as consumers of the commodity raised the alarm over the persistent hike in its price.

The Programme Manager, National LPG Expansion Implementation Plan, Office of the Vice President, Dayo Adeshina, had said the Federal Government was putting measures in place to ensure further reduction in the cost of cooking gas.

However, in a chat with our correspondent on Saturday, the HURIWA coordinator said the marginal reduction (less than N1,000) in the price of cooking gas is not substantial.

Onwubiko said, “The failure of the relevant governmental bodies to regulate the pricing of gas assets in Nigeria is a recipe for encouraging the ballooning poverty situations that we have witnessed since 2015 that President Muhammadu Buhari has operated economic policy frameworks devoid of progressive mechanisms.

“Government lacks the requisite political will, sincerity of purpose and commitments to do the needful to ensure that millions of homes in Nigeria are not subjected to economic ordeals just so they can get gas to power the preparations of their foods and other essential services domestically and otherwise.

“High costs of gas has led to the closure of many restaurants and small businesses thereby increasing unemployment rates in Nigeria. The high cost of gas has affected the green environment and this shows that this government is hypocritical when it mouths her readiness to take remedial steps to halt the consequences of climate change.

“All those international trips costing the taxpayers billions of naira by the President and retinue of ministers to attend climate change-related global summits without taking local steps to check unaffordable costs of gas resources in Nigeria is cosmetic and hypocritical.”

When asked whether it would be better for Buhari to return the price of cooking gas to what it was in 2015, Onwubiko said, “Yes, but this government is unrepentantly incompetent.”

“The government derives satisfaction in imposing outrageous and satanic economic policies on Nigerians. This is even why the government has decided to tax us more for drinking soft drinks even when wives of politically exposed officials buy champagnes and expensive wines at public costs for their own enjoyment in their cocoons,” he added.

https://punchng.com/updated-buhari-should-return-cooking-gas-price-to-how-he-met-it-in-2015-huriwa/

8 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
The brainless doesnt give a damn shit about us

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Luckydubby7(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
The way some of his supporters were commenting on this issue in one radio program got me wondering.
Something jumped from N3000 to N9,000 to N10,000 and now reduced by N200 to N400. You are thanking Buhari. Say wetin happen.

201 Likes 12 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
I'm with HURIWA on this

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Hadeylex: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
The sycophants in this regime never see anything wrong in the various obnoxious and anti-people policies Buhari keeps introducing

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by helinues: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
They should change their name to Civil Left.

Price of gas has increased in everywhere not only Nigeria. Na Buhari also responsible for that?

Some people would just open their mouth gbau

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Godnevafail: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2022
helinues:
They should change their name to Civil Left.

Price of gas has increased in everywhere not only Nigeria. Na Buhari also responsible for that?

Some people would just open their mouth gbau
You should be ashamed of yourself.
These are things you guys accused and blamed Goodluck Jonathan for.
Do you people know it happened in other countries?

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Deltafirstson(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
Godnevafail:

You should be ashamed of yourself.
These are things you guys accused and blamed Goodluck Jonathan for.
Do you people know it happened in other countries?
Nothing Jonathan did was OK by them.
They manipulated and fabricated all manners of lies to pull him down.
Today, the man is celebrated all over the world.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by DozieMartin: 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lowest price I know was #300 for a KG but last time I bought it was #800

17 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
Buhari should return Nigeria to how he met it in 2015 angry

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by AntiBeEmCe(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
Thank you!

I thought I was the only one thinking it.

It's complete madness

5 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by God1000(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
The current privation under this clueless government is unprecedented and insufferable, Nigerians are just trying to subsist, we are facing existential crisis.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by iwaeda: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
another1:

https://punchng.com/updated-buhari-should-return-cooking-gas-price-to-how-he-met-it-in-2015-huriwa/

Not just cooking gas
Rice
Bread
Beans
Jeans
Biro
Pencil
Isiewu
Semo
Eggs
Chicken
Yaba/obalende tfare
Add your own grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by RichDad1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
These idiots. Is it Buhari that makes global gas price to rise ?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by EmekaBlue(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Seriously aside sentiment this Buhari really failed Nigerians

25 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by NwaNimo1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by money121(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ok
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by InaNla(f): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Luckydubby7:
The way some of his supporters were commenting on this issue in one radio program got me wondering.
Something jumped from N3000 to N9,000 to N10,000 and now reduced by N200 to N400. You are thanking Buhari. Say wetin happen.

They are cows

23 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by scribble: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
The dull dingbat can do no such thing

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Mophor: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Ogaga87(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
That man is hypo, killer from birth, yes, he bleached the little we have and left us with nothing..

Whenever I want to pray concerning this man, I pray God forgive me because I see him as a punishment on us.. But 2023 is not far, God save us and direct us right come next year..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by InaNla(f): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
RichDad1:
These idiots. Is it Buhari that makes global gas price to rise ?

See one….?

16 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by vibratingpenis: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
CarinaKJacob:
Please who can design a website (blogger) for an affordable fee? I have the template. Just for you to change it.

WhatsApp 08130762718
If you no fit afford'am join others to blame buhari now oooo

He has ear problem, try talking through the other side of the ear if it is still working.

HE IS A BREATHING FRAUD

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Boogyman557: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Curious346: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lol..

The only time Nigeria prospered was when she was ruled by a southerner. The North a not good with a democratic setting.

Just mark the difference when a Christain southerner takes over in 16months

13 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by sirblend: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
Is Helinues mentally stable?
A rehab should be his permanent home.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by RichDad1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
AntiBeEmCe:
Thank you!

I thought I was the only one thinking it.

It's complete madness
DozieMartin:
Lowest price I know was #300 for a KG but last time I bought it was #800
Hadeylex:
The sycophants in this regime never see anything wrong in the various obnoxious and anti-people policies Buhari keeps introducing
Hisbah21:
The brainless doesnt give a damn shit about us
You lots lacking understanding how the global gas pricing works. Go and check other countries and notice same changes.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by SaintNegro77: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Anything that will add pain to Nigerians issa goal for Aso Rock warlords. They will not want an ordinary man in the street to be happy.

2 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by iscom(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Yes o
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by CarinaKJacob(f): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
Please who can design a website (blogger) for an affordable fee? I have the template. Just for you to change it.

WhatsApp 08130762718
Re: HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 by Adolfhitler001: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
We want the whole country return the way he met it abeg including the corruption we don't mind at least back then even the poor feeds comfortable

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Story, By Justice Dimgba - The Impunity Of The DSS / Nigerians Question Journalist For Saying 'Trump Will Call Buhari' / Tribunal Sacks Ondo South PDP Rep Member, Declares Albert Akintoye Of APC Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.