Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

My Encounter Today On ARIK Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Encounter Today On ARIK Air (1801 Views)

Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal / Arik Air To Be Renamed Nigeria Eagle / No AC On The Plane Arik Air Put Us - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 11:42am On Jul 03, 2019
Good Morning Fellow Nairalanders.

I have flown on Arik before but this experience has to be adjudged as the warmest.

So I decided to share with you all.

From the Check-in to boarding everything was seamless and normal.

I was seated in the middle seat on row one, a nice well spoken Architect to my right, His Name is ARC. TOPE

We engaged on issues that bothered food security and agriculture.

To my surprise he knew a lot about commercial farming and the summary of his take was that: to be food secure we must move forward from relying on the farmers who grow their crops to meet family needs and sell the surplus while applying very little or no technology.

We must also try not to leave arable land uncultivated, he gave an example of the state of Arizona in the US, where despite having a large chunk covered by the desert, people still farm, not just because it is profitable but also because in the US, whether you cultivate a land or not (be it ancestral or bought), you have to pay land tax to the Government.

To achieve food security he also advised that more informed young people should go into farming, in order to apply today's information, knowledge and techniques to improve production, storage and the entire value chain.

During the check-in process I also got to meet a renowned Geologist Mr. Ashley Emenike.

He took it off from the moment I stood behind him on the queue, that young people must begin metamorphose from acquiring Skills to Acquiring Knowledge.

I was surprised by his engagement with young people who he mentors both within and outside the country, he shook his head a lot of times when he spoke about the plight of Nigerian youths and how they are used by the managers of our resources.

I gave the opinion of one of a Patriotic Nigerian General Sarham who once told a delegation of the ECOWAS Youth Council that Nigerian Youths Must Work hard and attain a level of self sufficiency else they will be unable to resist being used as willing tools in the workshop of conflict entrepreneurs and crisis investors.

Now back to the Arik Air Pilot A.K.A Captain Jolly Papa was so interactive, with his constant communication of flight details and the remarkable way he introduced himself, his flight crew and even telling us the cities we were flying above from time to time.

His take off was nice and the landing was so smooth as, I'm sure those who slept off had to be woken up by their seat mates when the plane taxied for passengers to disembark.

It was a short journey but a memorable one, its not everyday I get to write about my flight experiences in the Nigerian Airspace.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by majamajic(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2019
the plane no get AC ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Munzy14(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2019
good
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by IamD18: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2019
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Very funny encounter.

12 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by czarina(f): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2019
Nice.

See as your face dey shine. Evidence of good living.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by clive2u(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
majamajic:
the plane no get AC ?
why want air conditioner in the air. U wan make air vex?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Jayslicky: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Yeah, when one travels like you did, you would discover that there are Nigerians that are very intelligent, sadly most of them don't reside in Nigeria because of the harsh businness barriers in the country.
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Jayslicky:
Yeah, when one travels like you did, you would discover that there are Nigerians that are very intelligent, sadly most of them don't reside in Nigeria because of the harsh businness barriers in the country.

You are very correct, I try not to always post what is discover about Nigerians when I travel.

A lot of them have good intentions for Nigeria, but the Political class seems to be our undoing, also the electorates are vulnerable to hunger and so they make perpetual wrong choices based on stomach infrastructure.
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
czarina:
Nice.

See as your face dey shine. Evidence of good living.

Bros na Just OYEL grin dey my face
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
majamajic:
the plane no get AC ?

E get o, but how long u go dey up sef wey body go rake cold...

Secondly first flight in the morning is full most of the time cool
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by olowococoa: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
By choosing people like intimacy gadget sinator into power
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by good4all40: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
You look great with nice writeup

1 Like

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by czarina(f): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
olowococoa:
By choosing people like intimacy gadget sinator into power
Lets not shift our focus. Being in an adult shop is not the issue here.

Placing too much emphasis on the location will only water down the enormity of his bad behavior.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Nche95(m): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
why are you sweating like a he goat. no fan for the plane?

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by czarina(f): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nche95:
why are you sweating like a he goat. no fan for the plane?
Have you ever seen a goat sweating or you're simply uncouth?

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by queengift(f): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
grin grin I was expecting a sad and depressed encounter, just the irony of it

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
Is this your first time traveling? Who talks to their seat mates in a flight? And takes pictures with entire crew

1 Like

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Nche95(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
czarina:
Have you ever seen a goat sweating or you're simply uncouth?
are you the op? or are you simply jobless?
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Emmyk(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Reading the comments... grin grin grin
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by CaptainStephen(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
X36DD:
Is this your first time traveling? Who talks to their seat mates in a flight? And takes pictures with entire crew
Haha na, i do have discussions. and its fun for networking.

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
X36DD:
Why did you take my words?grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Arsenalholic(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
X36DD:
People who want to broaden their knowledge and who realize that strengthening and expanding your network is a key way to progress in life.

Some of you take life too serious.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by micfoley: 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Interesting. From my limited experience most Nigerians dont engage in conversation during flights.

OP why u come wear singlet na?
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 6:30am On Jul 05, 2019
X36DD:

I won't tell you my full name or where i work.

But to put you in your place about flights.

I've been to over 20 Countries.

And I've flown to every Major Nigerian Airport.

I also wish you can shut up, read and learn then share experiences if you have one.

Unfortunately, u choose to ask if its my first time.

Who talks to seat partners, and who takes a picture with the cabin crew.

If you have flown Arik a lot you should know Captain Jolly Papa, if you don't, i advise you to ask your Governor of Senator.

Only an ineffectual buffoon will sit on a plane with to adults and not even say hello... And a simple Hello might lead to your next contract or breakthrough.

The picture was with the Captain and in civilized countries when a pilot arrives ahead of schedule with a very smooth landing, there is either a standing ovation or great appraisal after that.

When i requested for a selfish he obliged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 6:37am On Jul 05, 2019
micfoley:
Interesting. From my limited experience most Nigerians dont engage in conversation during flights.

OP why u come wear singlet na?

Well if you always fly economy how do u expect to meet people you can discuss with frequently?

Secondly, if there is not conversations during a flight its either you don't find the person next to you worthy of a Congo or the person doesn't find you worthy too.

Either way both of you are unfit and seem to be of no use to each other.

When you said most Nigerians I'm sure you make up the 90% of the most. Cos mature people talk, engage on issues especially national issues.

I for one cannot remember a dull flight, or one where i didn't make a new pal.

As for my dressing, i don't dress to impress...

I know who i am. When i get to my destination my hand luggage contains what i were for my meetings....

Finally due to the searching at airports its advisable to dress casually on a flight.

Show me a picture of the world's important people dressing sophisticated on a mere flight. grin

Only Poor people like to try to be noticed angry

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by ifyalways(f): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Jolly papa smiley

That is the only person i saw, no vex OP cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tymdan(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
ifyalways:
Jolly papa smiley

That is the only person i saw, no vex OP cheesy

Lol funny u grin
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by tojahh(m): 2:14am On Jul 06, 2019
Too much braggadocio!

1 Like

Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Wigetsolar: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
Seems like you are a first time flyer.
Re: My Encounter Today On ARIK Air by Olatomz1(f): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
Its fun reading comments............ Everybody will like to show, you must know who is who.

(1) (Reply)

This Federal Road At Joju, Sango-Ota, Ogun State Is Shameful – PHOTOS / Dv2009 / Police Character Certificate For Australia Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.