Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian (25314 Views)

Police Detain Senator Abbo Over Alleged Assault / Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by dre11(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
By Timileyin Omilana

Senator Elisha Abbo, representing Adamawa North, lied about been physically assaulted while he was beating a woman at a intimacy gadget shop, Pleasure Chest, in Abuja, a source told The Guardian.

“Who could have attacked a senator in the company of a policeman,” the source who is a family relation to the shop owner, identified as Kemi, said in a brief chat with The Guardian said.

The source said the senator came with his entourage, while they were attending to them, “the lady with the senator started complaining that something was smelling awful in the shop and was trying to make a case out of it.”

“But the sales girl that was slapped was maintaining her stand that nothing is smelling and tried to make a joke it that maybe it was someone’s hair that was smelling,” the source said.

The senator confirmed that he is the man in the video assaulting a woman, but he insisted he was also assaulted too.

“Where I had to call an ambulance and police to come to the scene and it got out of hand I was also assaulted,” he told Channels Television Wednesday morning.

“We will soon release an official statement to the viral video which happened before I became a senator where my younger sister was beaten to a pulp in a shop and I was called upon there,” Abbo said.

The assault, which was first reported by Premium Times, has sparked a wave of indignation among politicians, celebrities, human rights activists and advocate groups.

Critics are calling for his prosecution and urging the Senate to also discipline him.

Meanwhile, the senator claimed that the roughly 10-minute video was incomplete, claiming he was at the shop because his sister had been assaulted there and that part was left out.

“They took her out to resuscitate her, the one standing with a cap is a doctor, the doctor had to come to give her life. My sister is not in the video, it was completely cropped out of it,” Abbo said.

He said he would be demanding the release of the full recording.

“This is a political season and now I am now a politician, before I was not a politician but now the reality of the fact is that I am now a politician and politicians are not people who are liked, they exhume things of 20 years and they hang it on their neck now,” he said.

“As I said before we will release a robust response to everything, and we will also ask for the entire video to be released since they have the video. We will seat and discuss the video. Just to be clear that video was taken long before now and it was released just as this point.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/senator-abbo-lied-about-being-physically-assaulted-source/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Udantu: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lie lie sinator

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by sonnie10: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Maybe the assault was in the other room. Definitely not in the video making news.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Flier: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
Majority of youth are animal in human skin,they can’t really deal with power

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by NaMe4: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
The guy is so immature!

How are public office holders selected in this Country?
Whatever process(es) it is, it needs to be revised urgently!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
aolawale025:
Not every act deserves a protest
Yes but this one deserves a revolution angry

21 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Olarewaju89: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Useless senator indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by toprealman: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Not too young to......

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by dayleke: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Very very funny

1 Like

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lock Up this dude and throw away the key...

Police should do their job

9 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
Shameless man

1 Like

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by TeamPacific: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
grin grin
Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by roughneck: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
This guy no even sabi lie..

16 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by ariyebaba(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
sexator

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by suitlovers: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2019
His legal adviser is at work.

What a smart move.

When lawyers enter the matter, things will get tougher.

Discover where to buy the best and the finest quality UK suits for men at the price of 15,000 Naira.

Feel free to check my signature below.

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by vinkod007: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
Rogue Senator

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Owoado(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
This dude clearly doesn't even know how to lie. Shame on his handlers.

Simply apologise, accept whatever punishment from your party and the Senate (which would be less strict if you apologise), and settle the lady you assaulted out of court.

He is hoping something else will happen this week to make us forget.

27 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by lonelydora: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
I always wait for the two sides of every story. The Senator is not a mad man to just start beating the woman. I don't support assault either, but something the woman said/did must have angered the Senator. Meanwhile, why is this news coming out now he's a Senator? The handiwork of the enemy

Meanwhile,

Every problem is a blessing in disguise. Pleasure Chest, Abuja has blown from this assault.
More people, both Men and Women, who are sexually starved have known where to buy their gadgets.
Pleasure Chest should appreciate Elisha Abbo after this whole saga.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by yinchar(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
Very useless and lame excuse....

A 10-year old kid can do better cheesy grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Auxtin85(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by entreprelaptop(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Stories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by salt1: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
toprealman:
Not too young to......

Lie grin

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by crackhouse(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hip hop senator just like the hip hop coza pastor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by festacman(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
He is obviously proud, power-drunk, politically unintelligent and emotionally immature. Otherwise, he could have by now raised a high-profile team to reach out to the victim who from the footage is well-known to him to seek peaceful resolution and possible compensations. Now, as he is grandstanding, things are getting out hand.
Pride goes before a fall! SMH

14 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Sinach0191(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
we are waiting for another one

1 Like

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by Bigmikedagod(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
useless senator

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by realstars: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Personal defence is not a crime. But becarful the way you put it.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by mattyobrian(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
He is an idiot senator and a stupid bad liar too, so your body guards who were almost beating the lady too would allow her assault you?? while they were present there. Slap na small thing, you for kill the woman be that ni. Ugly punk, with your scanty fowl hair ontop your head

11 Likes

Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by salbis(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
When you have these sets of idiot representing you, you are doomed! SAD.
Re: Senator Abbo Lied About Being Physically Assaulted – Guardian by omomummy11: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
you should be dealt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: We Are Handling Security Well, Osinbajo Tells Pastors / 82 Boko Haram Fighters & Their Families Surrender To Army In Borno (Photos) / Buhari Signs Last Bill For 2016 Into Law (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.