Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' (14713 Views)

Governor Abdulrazaq Visits Released Nabeeha's Family Members In Abuja / Governor Abdulrazaq Visits The $300m Sugar Factory & Farm In Kwara / 'Sunset Workers' Employed By Abdulfatah Ahmed Not Sacked - Kwara Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by OmiemieONE: 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
Thanks your excellency for putting the people first and setting aside politics. You are my man of the day.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by gbagyiza: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
kerzhim:
God will bless you Mr Governor...... Much reason why the #OTOGE was initiated and I'm honestly happy for the people of Kwara for taking the right decision.

I am beginning to like this governor. I am currently in kwara state but I most confess that kwara r lucky to have him on board. I wish him success.

1 Like

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Jude4Jesus: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
God bless Kwara state

1 Like

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Bluntemperor: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
Wao-is this Nigeria!!eh.God bless you Govnr.unbelievable?. Diaspora where are thou.Nigerians will close ranks irrespective of their religion or tribes to celebrate what is good.look at all the comments above.This is how to build a new Nigeria for our Children and posterity.God bless all the Nigerians on this matter and the people of Kwara.O toge for any bad govt in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by ClearFlair: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Something good from APC...its unusual.

See this one. Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by faruqola(m): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
kudos to the governor
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by 13october: 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
IPOB will never do such Iheadiora will preferred to climb nepa pole with touts to locate where okorocha is standing.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by gucci20(m): 1:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Beautiful gesture Mr governor.
yns4real:
*Breaking : Alert Received : Gov AbdulRazaq reinstates salary of Kwara 'sunset workers'*

• Approves N100m gratuities

The Governor has directed that the workers be paid their May and June salary. As a statesman and father to all, His Excellency believes the government should not punish these workers for decisions they didn't take,"

Rafiu Ajakaye, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, said in a statement on Wednesday.

The workers are popularly known as 'sunset workers', with most governors often disengaging them for fear that they had been engaged to wrong foot the new administration. Former Governor Bukola Saraki sacked all the workers his predecessors had engaged in 2003.

"This Governor dares to be different. He has shown good will and magnanimity to all. It is expected that the affected workers will do their part by serving the state diligently," according to the statement.

AbdulRazaq has also approved the sums of N100m gratuity to demonstrate his commitment to the welfare of retirees, the statement added.

The last administration had in the twilight of its reign recruited hundreds of workers into the civil service, including teachers and ministry workers.

The recruitment triggered allegations that the beneficiaries were mainly members of the People's Democratic Party in the state and that the due process was not followed in engaging them.

"The Governor's action is another practical demonstration of his pledge to never victimise anyone for their perceived affiliations. He has therefore resolved to restore their salary," Ajakaye said.

AbdulRazaq, meanwhile, continued his tour of government facilities in the state on Wednesday, with visits to some markets in the Ilorin metropolis where he pledged to give them basic amenities like water, access roads and solar-powered electricity.

Rafiu Ajakaye
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
03/07/2019

https://twitter.com/MediaApc/status/1146447991886290945
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by BnQoyyim(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Firefire:

Congratulations, where is your station?
Baboko Community Secondary School.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by RichBoy247: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
BnQoyyim:
As one of the beneficiaries - i owe our amiable governor my mandate. He did what is practically impossible to be done by the so-called politicians.

Omo Iya mi, we knew the Abdulrasak before voting for him. He know him, his siblings, his parents and his children. We know he is a responsible man from a responsible family. We are all proud of him. No more government of oppression and depression.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce / Central Bank Of Nigeria, Makurdi Branch, Benue State On Fire / LASG And OGSG Declare Work Free Days For PVC Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.