Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners (7658 Views)

Rivers: George Kelly-Alabo, Chinwenwo Aguma resign as Commissioners / Buhari Suspends EFCC Secretary Olukoyede, 10 Others / Buhari Swears In Elias Mbam As Chairman, Others As Commissioners Of RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by JosEast(m): 6:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Governor Nasir el-Rufai has sent to the Kaduna State House of Assembly, the name of his Senior Adviser on Media and Publicity, Samuel Peter Aruwan and 10 others as nominees for appointment as commissioners. A statement from Sir Kashim Ibrahim House said upon confirmation by the legislature, the commissioners will run the 14 ministries created in June through an Executive Order.

“All the 11 nominees served in various positions in the first-term of the government. Picking insiders is a deliberate decision to enable the nominees hit the ground running and assist the government to achieve its targets for the second term,” the statement signed by Aruwan, said.

Speaker of the Assembly, Aminu Shagali, yesterday, read out the names of the nominees on the floor the house, saying they would be screened today.Those on the list included Ja’afaru Ibrahim Sani (Ministry of Local Government Affairs); Idris Samaila Nyam (Business, Innovation & Technology); Shehu Usman Makarfi (Education); Ibrahim Garba Hussaini (Environment & Natural Resources); Kabir Muhammad Mato (Sports Development); Balaraba Aliyu-Inuwa (Public Works & Infrastructure); Samuel Peter Aruwan (Internal Security & Home Affairs) and Fausat Adebola Ibikunle (Housing & Urban Development).

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/el-rufai-nominates-spokesman-10-others-as-commissioners.html

1 Share

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by momodub: 6:21am On Jul 04, 2019
Humm El rufai is working ,good morning dear nairalanders

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Aboguede(m): 6:21am On Jul 04, 2019
grin
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Figolouis: 6:24am On Jul 04, 2019
quuntinu
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by iornenge81(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Ok, following the footstep of his oga
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Allee90: 6:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Fausat Adebola Ibi kunle??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by YoungLionone: 6:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Q
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by MrExcel(m): 6:28am On Jul 04, 2019
The reign of a tyrant!

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by LKO(m): 6:28am On Jul 04, 2019
Including the portfolios of the nominees is very Heart warming. The national assembly should amend our laws to make it so. It makes for better screening and would eventually leads to efficiency in government business. At a time in Delta State, a graduate of English Language was made a commissioner of works. Today, go ask Funkekeme Somolon what his legacies were in the ministry of works. Sad. Square pegs in square holes would take Nigeria to the eldoraldo.
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by backnbeta(f): 6:28am On Jul 04, 2019
Fausat Adebola Ibikunle ke

I applaud that, but I can see only one Samuel there...he should involve more Christians in his cabinet! Unless of course some of the Ahmeds there are Christians!

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by israelmao(m): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2019
This is man.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by englishmart(m): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2019
Evil Jihad goat. Not the Ronaldo or Messi kind of Goat

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Iyajelili(f): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2019
The short devil from the north
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by nairalee(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2019
Recycling same people.

Na so another 4 years go waka wit nothing tangible?

I'm officially tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Staro: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2019
Aw
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by CrimeKsmart: 6:47am On Jul 04, 2019
El-Rufia, we love you but dnt ever try to wrestle power with Jagaban. The moment you try that, you are calling for your end in politics.

Good appointments.

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by vandersave: 6:47am On Jul 04, 2019
[q1uote author=backnbeta post=79923656]Fausat Adebola Ibikunle ke

I applaud that, but I can see only one Samuel there...he should involve more Christians in his cabinet! Unless of course some of the Ahmeds there are Christians! [/quote]

Religion and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by DTaj: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2019
backnbeta:

I applaud that, but I can see only one Samuel there...he should involve more Christians in his cabinet! Unless of course some of the Ahmeds there are Christians!

Idris Samaila Nyam is also a Christian- that I know. There may be others on that list too. In the North, bearing "Muslim names" Yakubu (eg General TY Danjuma and former Speaker Dogara are both Yakubu; and are Christians), Ismaila, Musa, Yunusa, Ilyasu, Usman, etc does not mean that one is a Muslim; Christians bear such names due to long-term acculturation...

The advantage of living (or going to school) in the North, however short the period is, for a Southerner (or other non-Hausa or Fulani speaking Nigerian), is that he is fully abreast of their ethno-religious set-up.

The same erroneous belief makes Southerners believe that everyone with origins in the North is an Hausa or Fulani! The Northern people speak over 530 languages...In one Northern state, one could have as much as 55...

It's good to travel through Nigeria and mix with other compatriots...It's not only educative, it's enlightening, and reduces unbridled prejudice!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Simbrixton(m): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2019
A total of three yorubas are working with el rufai igbos have been gaining from yoruba but u never see them do something like this

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2019
God bless Kaduna State.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Eavy(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2019
h
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Mayor08: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
A total of three yorubas are working with el rufai igbos have been gaining from yoruba but u never see them do something like this
Cause you will never hear the Yoruba's say they have conquered you or call your land a no man's land. I for one respect my host... Was it not commissioner, one house of assembly position and one house of rep that led you guys to start saying lagos is no man's land?

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Simbrixton(m): 9:12am On Jul 04, 2019
Mayor08:

Cause you will never hear the Yoruba's say they have conquered you or call your land a no man's land. I for one respect my host... Was it not commissioner, one house of assembly position and one house of rep that led you guys to start saying lagos is no man's land?
dude I am yoruba do you guys read at all on nairaland I was dissing the igbos that they have never shown such courtsey
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Mayor08: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Simbrixton:
dude I am yoruba do you guys read at all on nairaland I was dissing the igbos that they have never shown such courtsey
I read it quite well, u sounded apologetic and that made me think u were one of the dimwits asking for rights they cannot give.Just got it now
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by odinga1of: 9:18am On Jul 04, 2019
backnbeta:

So Yoruba can be appointed in Kaduna?
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by GMbuharii: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2019
Simbrixton:

You will soon die over Igbo affairs

Mental
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by GMbuharii: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Simbrixton:

But you ain't like the sensible yorubas.

Solo makinde
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by adanny01(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2019
JosEast:
Governor Nasir el-Rufai has sent to the Kaduna State House of Assembly, the name of his Senior Adviser on Media and Publicity, Samuel Peter Aruwan and 10 others as nominees for appointment as commissioners. A statement from Sir Kashim Ibrahim House said upon confirmation by the legislature, the commissioners will run the 14 ministries created in June through an Executive Order.

“All the 11 nominees served in various positions in the first-term of the government. Picking insiders is a deliberate decision to enable the nominees hit the ground running and assist the government to achieve its targets for the second term,” the statement signed by Aruwan, said.

Speaker of the Assembly, Aminu Shagali, yesterday, read out the names of the nominees on the floor the house, saying they would be screened today.Those on the list included Ja’afaru Ibrahim Sani (Ministry of Local Government Affairs); Idris Samaila Nyam (Business, Innovation & Technology); Shehu Usman Makarfi (Education); Ibrahim Garba Hussaini (Environment & Natural Resources); Kabir Muhammad Mato (Sports Development); Balaraba Aliyu-Inuwa (Public Works & Infrastructure); Samuel Peter Aruwan (Internal Security & Home Affairs) and Fausat Adebola Ibikunle (Housing & Urban Development).

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/el-rufai-nominates-spokesman-10-others-as-commissioners.html

A Yoruba as Kaduna Commissioner meanwhile i can only spot 2 of 11 from southern Kaduna. I am not against it but how i wish other regions will ever let this happen.

Meanwhile, it is the same governor that cannot step into southern Kaduna.
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by phonemakemoney: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2019
Allee90:
Fausat Adebola Ibi kunle??
El Rufai is an exceptional governor he tries as much as possible to treat non indigenes as indigenes and he likes merit over quota.
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by forghon: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2019
A
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by Coolgent(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
backnbeta:

I agreed with u; it should be 3 Muslims, 7 Christians.
Cos in Enugu, Imo, And all S.E/S.S states Muslims Commissioners has 70%
Re: El-rufai Nominates Spokesman, 10 Others As Commissioners by backnbeta(f): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Coolgent:

I agreed with u; it should be 3 Muslims, 7 Christians.
Cos in Enugu, Imo, And all S.E states Muslims Commissioners has 70%
Na you talk am undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: The Economic Future Of Our Nation Is Extremely Bright / Face Of The Owner Of Lagos Oriental Hotel Not Tinubu (see Photos) / Mahmood Yakubu Elected President ECOWAS Network Of Electoral Commissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.