Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? (24290 Views)

AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by TundeCole(m): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2019
shevchenko:

Relax !!
He means the boys are coming home on Saturday

Now I understand grin grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2019
Feel like a mod!

Let us join hands in cleaning Nairaland. There are a lot of bots. Simply reporting these spams of sexual and betting advert will delete the post immediately. Do you like such power? Try it now.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2019
Nigeria is out off Afcon Bet me......
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Damfostopper(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2019
End of Solomon Grundy.... the local eagles are coming home....

don't cry for me Nigeria

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by StanleyObiUK: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2019
JOB OPENING!!!

1.PROMOTERS
2.SALES REPRESNTATATIVES
A Lagos based reputable internet service provider requires the services of energetic and dynamic young people for sales activation on contract basis.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTED DUTIES

I. Run outdoor activation involving distribution of company fliers for the the promoters, and sales of company's products by the sales representatives.
II. Drive the buy-in of market segmentation for the approach

QUALIFICATION
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:

I. Applicants must be presentable
II. Applicants must have either SSCE or OND for both roles
III. No previous experience is required.
IV. Applicants must have a vibrant personality and self-driven

PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Interested Applicants should apply in send SMS with his/her name and email address to 08077266150. Interview/Job briefing holds tomorrow Friday 5/7/2019 by 11am and only those who indicated interest via sms will be called in.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2019
Nigeria vs Cameroun and Mali vs CIV are the star games.

Uganda can pull a shocker against Senegal if they are not careful.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by cyan2008(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2019
The team to watch out here is Algeria. They have got the attitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by goshen26: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2019
davodyguy:
Nigeria can face Egypt if they beat Cameroun? Hahahha

And what made you think Egypt will win SA for sure?
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by dominique(f): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2019
davodyguy:
Nigeria can face Egypt if they beat Cameroun? Hahahha

Didn't we defeat them this year? Friendly or not, it's on record that the Super Eagles of Nigeria defeated The Pharaohs of Egypt this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by arukwe123(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79929289:
To Qualify :
SENEGAL.
BENIN.
EGYPT.
NIG or CAM!
DR CONGO.
ALGERIA.
IVORY COAST.
GHANA or TUNISIA!
you think Benin will beat Morocco?
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
arukwe123:
you think Benin will beat Morocco?
Yes. they will qualify.

Meanwhile, we are talking about qualifying,
not talking about 90mins..Take note in case you wanna go for greens! wink

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Heineken(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
Nigeria officially out...
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by arukwe123(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79930047:

Yes. they will qualify.

Meanwhile, we are talking about qualifying,
not talking about 90mins..Take note in case you wanna go for greens! wink
ok. are you from Benin? Just want to know
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
arukwe123:
ok. are you from Benin? Just want to know
We are Nigerians.
Your question funny sha! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by AmeLonRo(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2019
Erediauwa:
Farewell Super Eagles, you won't be having the chance to progress to the VAR stage with this lackadaisical display at a major tourney.
. They will change. And win very well.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by arukwe123(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79930117:

We are Nigerians.
Your question funny sha! cheesy
I am just surprised someone will pick Benin a team that couldn't squeeze a win though out group stage over Morroco that top their own group against the likes of South Africa and Ivorycoast
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by mashad(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2019
bakynes:
If we do knockout Cameroon which is most likely,Egypt will be next and if we dont beat them convincingly, VAR,the referees will knock us out knowing how the North Africans will threaten the officials and intimedate our players.

This man...just shut up
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Vabasi(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2019
July 5: Uganda vs. Senegal in Cairo

July 5: Morocco vs. Benin in Cairo

July 6: Egypt vs. South Africa in Cairo

July 6: Nigeria vs. Cameroon in Alexandria

July 7: Madagascar vs. DR Congo in Alexandria

July 7: Algeria vs. Guinea in Cairo

July 8: Mali vs. Ivory Coast in Suez

July 8: Ghana vs. Tunisia in Ismailia

Those to progress to quarter final in bold.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2019
arukwe123:
I am just surprised someone will pick Benin a team that couldn't squeeze a win though out group stage again Morroco that top their own group against the likes of South Africa and Ivorycoast
That is the beauty of football.
The same way you were suprised how Ajax young team beat all the world best clubs and almost got to the UEFA cup final.
Or how Leicester won the Premier league few years ago.
But follow your mind sha.
Bye for now Arukwe!
Work beckons! wink

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2019
Vabasi:
July 5: Uganda vs. Senegal in Cairo

July 5: Morocco vs. Benin in Cairo

July 6: Egypt vs. South Africa in Cairo

July 6: Nigeria vs. Cameroon in Alexandria

July 7: Madagascar vs. DR Congo in Alexandria

July 7: Algeria vs. Guinea in Cairo

July 8: Mali vs. Ivory Coast in Suez

July 8: Ghana vs. Tunisia in Ismailia

Those to progress to quarter final in bold.
You get 6/8.
You try! wink

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by arukwe123(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79930513:

That is the beauty of football.
The same way you were suprised how Ajax young team beat all the world best clubs to get to the UEFA cup final.
Or how Leicester won the Premier league few years ago.
But follow your mind sha.
Bye for now Arukwe!
Work beckons! wink
Everyone knows that Ajax was on fire Last season so was Liecester when they won EPL. and I don't see Benin on any good form. They play crappy and can't even win small Bissau. I see Morocco winning easily.

Bye.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Eziokwugbaoto: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2019
Kingosytex:

Wetin be N?
This space is not for sale beware of 419grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by otokx(m): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2019
We can make it all the way.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by peeps4u: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2019
Kate06:

Pls house...what's SA still doing in the next round after having just 3 points?

They are never runner's up in the group...I just weak!

Oga, haven't your heard of best losers before?
SA, just like Benin and few others qualified to next stage on best losers tickets despite finishing third from their respective groups

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Vabasi(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2019
Eziokwugbaoto:
Saturday and Monday na bomb ooo.
Letter to Oga Gernot Rohr
Oga Gernot Rohr greetings from a concerned fan in Nigeria. And kudos to you and your boys for getting to this stage in the ongoing AFCON but I must tell you that the scoreline so far has not been impressive and try and do something about that blunt attack ASAP. I personally think you should try playing 3-5-2. Make Omeruo the heart of the defence with Troost by his right and Leon on the left. Play Ola Aina on that left wing he can come forward to support the attack and can equally fall back to help the defenders he did well playing that formation with Torino. Ndidi as the DM and Etebo as the CM slightly in front of him. Iwobi should play as the AM let's see if he can redeem himself in that position. Deploy Onyekuru and Osimhen in the attack let's see what those guys will be able to bring to the table 'cos the Cameroonians will be training on how to neutralize Musa and Ighalo begin with guys they don't know their pattern of play and get them confused from the 1st minute maybe in the 2nd half withdraw Onyekuru and bring in Ahmed Musa to further run them down 'cos he has the speed and maybe towards the 60 mins mark throw in Ighalo and I tell you he will try to prove a point by trying to score a goal and the defenders might not be able to contain him. Wish you the best of luck.

From a concerned fan.

Nice one but Chukwueze should start
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2019
Eziokwugbaoto:
Saturday and Monday na bomb ooo.
Letter to Oga Gernot Rohr
Oga Gernot Rohr greetings from a concerned fan in Nigeria. And kudos to you and your boys for getting to this stage in the ongoing AFCON but I must tell you that the scoreline so far has not been impressive and try and do something about that blunt attack ASAP. I personally think you should try playing 3-5-2. Make Omeruo the heart of the defence with Troost by his right and Leon on the left. Play Ola Aina on that left wing he can come forward to support the attack and can equally fall back to help the defenders he did well playing that formation with Torino. Ndidi as the DM and Etebo as the CM slightly in front of him. Iwobi should play as the AM let's see if he can redeem himself in that position. Deploy Onyekuru and Osimhen in the attack let's see what those guys will be able to bring to the table 'cos the Cameroonians will be training on how to neutralize Musa and Ighalo begin with guys they don't know their pattern of play and get them confused from the 1st minute maybe in the 2nd half withdraw Onyekuru and bring in Ahmed Musa to further run them down 'cos he has the speed and maybe towards the 60 mins mark throw in Ighalo and I tell you he will try to prove a point by trying to score a goal and the defenders might not be able to contain him. Wish you the best of luck.

From a concerned fan.

Guy dem suppose employ you ooo

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by davodyguy: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
goshen26:

And what made you think Egypt will win SA for sure?

By Current form, we do not stand a chance bro
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by davodyguy: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
dominique:

Didn't we defeat them this year? Friendly or not, it's on record that the Super Eagles of Nigeria defeated The Pharaohs of Egypt this year.
By Current form, we do not stand a chance sis
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Eziokwugbaoto: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2019
Vabasi:

Nice one but Chukwueze should start
Nobody can deny him that courage to take on anybody and the dribbling skill but he loses the ball after dribbling the first and second player and he can't fall back to help the defenders. He's attacking minded.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? by Vabasi(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79930537:

You get 6/8.
You try! wink

You've marked it what about the correction?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Neymar Accused Of Rape By Woman He Reportedly Met Through Instagram / Alex Iwobi Rated Ahead Of Hazard, Ozil And Others In Europe / Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.