Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard (588 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Southern Kaduna, Kill Women, Children (Graphic Photos) / Herdsmen Invade 3 Villages In Ibadan, 3 Killed / Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by peeps4u: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2019
Unknown herdsmen have invaded a village in Ogun state and attacked a 76-year-old village head, Chief Ismail Adasofunjo

The incident occurred on Thursday night when the killer herdsmen allegedly invaded Seriki village in Alabata ,Odeda local government area of the state .

The herdsmen were said to have invaded the village around 7:30pm attacked the septugenarian ,leaving him with deep cuts of machete in the head .

The victim was reported to be in a critical condition as he could not speak as of the time of filing this report

He was said to have been rushed to a nearby hospital following the machete cuts by herdsmen over his wife alleged failure to sell Cigarette to them on Thursday night.

At the community on Friday morning, it was observed that the victim could not speak as he was still in coma at the Alabata health center .

His wife, Mrs Bilikisu Adasofunjo explained ,” They wanted to buy Rothmas from me around 7:30 pm yesterday, but I told them I don’t have that brand and they immediately charged at me and I ran into the house and quickly locked the door but my husband was behind the house hearing the noise.

” He then stood up to see the cause of the noise, one of the herdsmen ,then met him on his way and macheted him in the head.

“This is gradually becoming unbearable for us, the government must come to our aide orlse”.

The villagehead of Alabata ,Chief Sanusi Waheed, confirmed the incident,saying that , he had reported the development to the police to the Divisional Police Officer .

Oba Waheed said ” the herdsmen came to Seriki village yesterday night (Thursday), They saw the victims wife and asked him to sell cigarette to them.

“The woman told them he does not sell the brand of cigarette they requested. Maybe they thought she did not want to sell to them .

The man was at the backyard but the noise attracted him, while approaching the scene of the incidence, one of the herders attacked him with a cutlass in his head.

“They inflicted machete cut in his head and went back into the bush after they attacked him” .

We won’t allow such here in our village .

We don’t want the situation to get out of control and that is why we are shouting to the world now before we will attack any herdsmen we see” .

The state Police Public Relations Officer ,Abimbola Oyeyemi could not be reached as of the time of filing this report .

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/herdsmen-invade-ogun-village-attack-villagehead/
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by peeps4u: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2019
Lalasticlala, e don be. From Edo to IMO and Ogun state. SS, SE and SW have been fully invaded.

Don't forget Suleiman's story that graced FP yesterday about herdsmen arrested plotting attack only to have been released by police, then herdsmen shooting in IMO that featured on FP this morning and now this.

Is this the next level?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by thesicilian: 7:25am On Jul 04, 2019
Nigerians should start learning how to defend themselves.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Nbote(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2019
Like play like Nigeria is under d siege of these herdsmen no thanks to d slowpoke in charge.. Dey have found anoda playground jus like Mali
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Officialgarri: 7:35am On Jul 04, 2019
I don't know why I have problems believing stories from social media. The media never tells a story as it is.

If my babe narrates a story for me through social media, I'll have to meet her at home to tell me the real truth. angry

Please next time there's a herdsman in your vicinity, take a picture to corroborate any future allegations. They are not ghosts. At least we get to see pictures of other perpetrators

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Homeboiy: 7:36am On Jul 04, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by CapitanS: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2019
Someone was right when he called Nigeria a zoo
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Thomthom(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2019
Officialgarri:
I don't know why I have problems believing stories from social media. The media never tells a story as it is.

If my babe narrates a story for me through social media, I'll have to meet her at home to tell me the real truth. angry

Please next time there's a herdsman in your vicinity, take a picture to corroborate any future allegations. They are not ghosts. At least we get to see pictures of other perpetrators
Take pictures or run fo my life Bros I no understand
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by ERockson: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2019
cheesy
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Athena4: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2019
Officialgarri:

Yeah right. How about u find and photograph a herdsman first den we go follow u for back. lolz

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by Officialgarri: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Athena4:
Yeah right. How about u find and photograph a herdsman first den we go follow u for back. lolz

Well, I have never had a violent encounter with them.
And I believe I won't because I won't be rude to someone based on his ethnicity.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by lalasticlala(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
peeps4u:
Lalasticlala, e don be. From Edo to IMO and Ogun state. SS, SE and SW have been fully invaded.

Don't forget Suleiman's story that graced FP yesterday about herdsmen arrested plotting attack only to have been released by police, then herdsmen shooting in IMO that featured on FP this morning and now this.

Is this the next level?

Why do you people like posting old Gists as news? This incident happened last month and you are just posting it today as if happened today.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Ogun Village, Attack Village Head ~ Vanguard by peeps4u: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2019
lalasticlala:

Why do you people like posting old Gists as news? This incident happened last month and you are just posting it today as if happened today.
Never saw the news prior to this time. And I don't recall reading such news here on NL. Should we say you saw this news last month on nairaland and decided to suppress it from reaching FP, lalasticlala?

(1) (Reply)

6-Year-Old Girl Severely Raped By Unknown Person In Ondo State / COZA RAPE: Indomie, Distances Self From Executive / Corruption In Frsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.