Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . (5753 Views)

Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner / Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Gbawe: 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
They are all jumping off the sinking ship grin grin This is solid proof that Jonathan enjoys rented/bullied/coerced support , who will backstab him readily, rather than genuine ideological backing;
In a letter to Ahmed Gulak, Director of Contact and Mobilization of the Jonathan/Sambo campaign, Abubakar said he was also disturbed by the president’s claim that he was not aware of any zoning arrangement in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The letter was copied to the Kebbi State Governor, Saidu Dakingari.

Mr. Abuabakar did not state why it took him so long to realize that Jonathan didn't believe in the party zoning policy.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-campaigner-quits-over-presidents-comment-october-1st-bomb-blast

Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment On October 1st Bomb Blast
Posted: October 8, 2010 - 00:33

President Goodluck Jonathan’s reelection campaign suffered a major blow on Thursday as a leading figure in his campaign movement resigned in anger, citing the president’s comment on the October 1 bomb blast as reason.

A day after the incident, which left 25 people dead and several others injured, Jonathan had said the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, was not responsible for the blast, although the militant group repeatedly claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Nasir Abubakar, who was until his resignation was the Kebbi State Coordinator of the "Goodluck Support Group", one of the numerous groups making up the Goodluck/Namadi Campaign Organization, said he could not in good conscience continue to support a man who could “compromise the unity of Nigeria on the altar of political expediency.”

In a letter to Ahmed Gulak, Director of Contact and Mobilization of the Jonathan/Sambo campaign, Abubakar said he was also disturbed by the president’s claim that he was not aware of any zoning arrangement in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The letter was copied to the Kebbi State Governor, Saidu Dakingari.

Mr. Abuabakar did not state why it took him so long to realize that Jonathan didn't believe in the party zoning policy.

But in a swift reaction and in a calculated tone to diminish Abubakar's relevance, the Director of Media and Publicity of the Goodluck/Sambo Campaign, Sully Abu, accused Abubakar of being a member of former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida's circle of campaigners.

“All we can do right now is to wish him safe journey back to his Minna base,” Abu said in a statement.

Abubakar’s letter of resignation reads, “I wish to formally resign my position as Kebbi State Coordinator of Goodluck Support Group GSG which has been integrated into the Goodluck/Namadi Campaign Organization with immediate effect.

“My resignation is as a result of the stand of Mr. President on the issue of zoning and lately his position absolving MEND of responsibility despite their repeated claim of the unfortunate incidence of October 1, 2010 in which the lives of innocent Nigerians were lost and several others severely injured.

“My support for the Goodluck Presidency was based on the circumstances of his emergence first as Acting President and subsequently as President Commander in Chief in strict adherence to the latter and spirit of our constitution.

“The overwhelming goodwill enjoyed by Mr. President since his assumption of office and the need to strengthen the continued corporate existence of Nigeria on egalitarian basis informed my principled decision to support the Goodluck Campaign for the 2011 election.

“I cannot therefore continue to justify my support for his campaign in view of his position on these two issues in particular and the general trend of events which seem to compromise the unity of Nigeria on the altar of political expediency.

“I thank you for the opportunity to serve as Kebbi State coordinator for GSG and at the same time pray for a successful 2011 election and for a peaceful and prosperous Nigeria.”

Abu of the Jonathan campaign said in his reaction, “We have just been informed about the purported resignation of Mr. Nasir Abubakar from our campaign. We should make it abundantly clear that Abubakar was never either a member or a coordinator of this organization.

“Our checks, however, show that Mr. Abubakar was a member of the Goodluck Support Group, one of the thousands of groups routing for President Goodluck Jonathan's aspiration to return as President of the country in 2011. For the avoidance of doubt, while the GSG is a support group, it is distinct and completely independent of the campaign."

“Mr. Abubakar's letter of resignation addressed to the director-general of our campaign is therefore a misconception aimed at the mischief for which it is now being used by a failing opposition campaign organization."

“In any case, Mr. Abubakar has always been a close associate of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida. And on his lame excuse for the purported resignation, we like every patriot, await the outcome of investigations into the Abuja bomb blast, and won't be distracted by mischief-makers.”
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by tellwisdom: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
Wether na madman or jonathan wan rule us, all i knw is, I want good governance! Shikina
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Ultrame(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
Took him long enough. As far as im concerned, Mr. President is guilty of some form of complexity or the other in the bomb blast until proven otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by slap1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2010
One less hypocrite! One less sycophant!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Ultrame(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2010
@tellewisdom
how do u get good governance when u've got a 'madman' for a ruler?

oro e o m'ogbon dani
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Mobinga: 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
1 more sane person. 1 less retard. . .
Next up : Myopic Reasoning Pro Jonathan Nairalanders
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by mrofficial(m): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2010
Deceiving themselves.

Nuhu Ribadu for President!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by alexleo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2010
Bunch of confused human beings. Thats how they keep on exposing their stupidity. Whats our business with his resignation? Is it not out of greed that they establish their so called support group for Jonathan. Probably he hasnt been getting enough recognition and support fund from Jonathans camp and finds the incident he cited an ample opportunity for him to fight back. I wont be suprise to hear that IBB  camp or the others has a better financial package for him. All these Nigerian politicians are fooling themselves thinking they are riding on the intelligence of the masses. Could he please show us his letter of appointment from Jonathan if truly he wants to show us how patriotic he is. And if he has no letter of appointment from Jonathan"s main campaign office, why writing a resignation to them. Rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by sley4life(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2010
The campaigner should get lost. Wit or witout GEJ wil be our next presidnt. We dont want any Norther Terrorist again to lead us
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2010
in the real scheme of things ,that abu of a guy is a nobody and can never be.imagine his sense of judgement on issues of national concern.he should be thrown into the trash can where he belongs for coming openly to tell nigerians that zoning is an ideal way of picking a leader for nigeria.credibilty and good governance is all we want and not zones or tribe.

one day we go hear say driver don resign because Mr. presido refuse to accept mend as the brain behind the oct1 bomb blast in abuja
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
alexleo:

Bunch of confused human beings. Thats how they keep on exposing their stupidity. Whats our business with his resignation? Is it not out of greed that they establish their so called support group for Jonathan. Probably he hasnt been getting enough recognition and support fund from Jonathans camp and finds the incident he cited an ample opportunity for him to fight back. I wont be suprise to hear that IBB camp or the others has a better financial package for him. All these Nigerian politicians are fooling themselves thinking they are riding on the intelligence of the masses. Could he please show us his letter of appointment from Jonathan if truly he wants to show us how patriotic he is. And if he has no letter of appointment from Jonathan"s main campaign office, why writing a resignation to them. Rubbish.

i agree with u,can we pls have a look at ur appointment letter mr. abu
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Gbawe: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2010
This really shows the typical "endorsement" Jonathan enjoys . Jonathan has many in his camp who are there simply to exploit his desperation to enrich themselves . They will then undermine Mr. President's effort by removing their support at the vital moment to leave GEJ in the lurch. Is this guy telling us that Jonathan's position on zoning was not clear to him till now? From Governors to AGIPs , they will all desert Jonathan in the end. Many of those behind Jonathan (Anenih, Danjuma, Nyarko, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, etc , etc) are not exactly known for being principled . Easier to see them as mercenaries for sale to the highest bidder.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by alexleo(m): 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
Any dog can wake up tomorrow and form a Jonathan support group and in some months time he writes a resignation letter to Jonathan ( as if it was Jonathan that gave him the job) with his reasons being that he doesn't like the way Jonathan chews bone. The press carries it and IBB supporters and others will begin to fan themselves that Jonathan's camp is dwindling. We are used to their foolish tricks.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by strangest(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
zoning was just a mirage,
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by abenelo: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2010
RIBADU is the answer, fellow nigerians!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2010
abenelo:

RIBADU is the answer, fellow nigerians!

based on what? a spectator never get to know what footballing really is until he gets on the pitch.
Efcc is just a toy arm of govt compared to the presidency. b4 EFCC who was he?
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Gifo(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2010
alexleo:

Any dog can wake up tomorrow and form a Jonathan support group and in some months time he writes a resignation letter to Jonathan ( as if it was Jonathan that gave him the job) with his reasons being that he doesn't like the way Jonathan chews bone. The press carries it and IBB supporters and others will begin to fan themselves that Jonathan's camp is dwindling. We are used to their foolish tricks.

I feel you, alexleo.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by ossaisly(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2010
BUNKUM!!!
I think it's very foolish for a man to act before he think.Nasir abubakar,if truly you are jonathan/sambo's campaigner,where was your mind about zoning before joining the campaign train? Notable leaders said nothing like zoning,obj and your other fellow abokis,yet you guys still insist on your selfish interests.Come to think of it,PDP is not the only party here,aren't you old men putting other parties into consideration? What about their ruling/zoning formula?Nasir Abubakar should be arrested for improper thinking.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by oladayo042: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
Another zoning brouhaha.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Ferya(f): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
based on what? a spectator never get to know what footballing really is until he gets on the pitch.
Efcc is just a toy arm of govt compared to the presidency. b4 EFCC who was he?

@ Aguyi

True talk, God bless you
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by vicknesh: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2010
THIS GUY IS A WHOLE STATE COORDINATOR OF GOODLUCK CAMPAIGN TEAM, AND I THINK THAT MAKES YOU THE DOG NOT HIM grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by welovethee(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2010
If they like, let every one of them quit, it will not change anything.
By the way, what is making them postpone the primaries sef what ever they do,  let them give
enof time o so that Atiku and IBB can go to court to contest the result
as usual b4 GEJ finally becomes president for anoda 4 years.  grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by usbcable(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
Mobinga:

1 more sane person. 1 less retard. . .
Next up : Myopic Reasoning Pro Jonathan Nairalanders
just because the guy defected from GS campaign group now he is sane.
if he gave another reason maybe it would have made a credible decision but for ''zoning factor'' shows how insane he actually is.because he cannot tell us he is just realising that GEJ dint support zoning.

he should be called 1 more idiot created 1 less sycophant expelled.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by tellwisdom: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2010
@Ultrame-- u no dey read aby na simple english dey disturb u? I said good governance, wether na madman or craze man, good governance stands out and thats what i want.

Read my words properly, if possible call any professor to put you thru.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2010
Getting more interesting by the day . . . .
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Okukk(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2010
our politicians continue to show the stuff they are made of.They don't last long under pressure. When he first accepted to work for GJ did he announce it? what is so special about his departure?
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Gbawe: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
usbcable:

if he gave another reason maybe it would have made a credible decision but for ''zoning factor'' shows how insane he actually is.because he cannot tell us he is just realising that GEJ dint support zoning.

he should be called 1 more created 1 less sycophant expelled.

Even as this man is probably an AGIP Vulture , he could actually claim moral umbrage over the zoning issus. Reason? The PDP already gave Jonathan a face-saving excuse that seemed to tick all the boxes for everyone i.e Zoning remains in the PDP but Jonathan can run and , if he wins, complete the joint ticket he shared with Yar Adua.

Why did Jonathan then come out to contradict his party by stating that the Presidency is not affected by zoning? Could this not be seen as an unneccesarily inflamatory and needless remark by even those who made it possible , through sheer bullying of dissidents, for the PDP to come to the compromise it arrived at regarding zoning? Of course some folks will be angry that Jonathan's contradictory interpretation , after he had gotten what he wanted, is the hallmark of insincerity and deceit.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by kaynoJah(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
Did I hear you say Ribadu for President? A 'retrenched' Policeman that carrot was dangled to (and he jumped on it with both hands and legs). Promoted above his superiors and he accepted it. Is accepting what was not due to one not an economic crime (as material gains come with it) and you want him to be voted as President of Nigeria ba? Where are the loots he recovered from Abacha's family and so many others? Is he really credible? What's the true story behind his exit from EFCC?
Just like the other confused and political prostitute that retired from Customs who used his office to buy up all BPE offers as VP now wants to be President! If he could do that as VP, then he will do more as President. Bee ni.
Evil genius whose added specialty is to kill, maim, steal, dribble and betray as hobbies. A fifth columnist. Betrayed Col BS Dimka and tricked General TY Danjuma. His CV inter alia; sneaked 53 suitcases of , to disgrace General Buhari; harassed journalist to smear General Buhari's rising profile with journalists; palace coup d’ etat that eventually pushed aside the nationalistic, purposeful and people oriented Buhari government to replace it with corruption extraordinary that was in August 1985; betrayed and humiliated Professor Tam David West; General Mamman Vatsa had his life cut short in his prime. His supposed best man? Someone whose penchant for human blood transcends that of Dracula as President? Nope. We now know better than that.

The so-called 'GEJ/Sambo ticket for President' State campaign coordinator that resigned ought not be news. He has a right to take any political/moral decision of his own anytime no matter how justified or not that is perceived. He can't be the only person in that State to take up the banner of campaign for change. I trust a whole bunch in Kebbi is already scrambling to take over the assignment.
You have an opportunity to try a new hand in executive leadership and see if it will move this country forward. GEJ or NOT. SOUTH or NORTH, not-withstanding. Name callings and calumny can't take us anywhere good. These bunch of selfish, retarded, intellectually-depraved, highly unpatriotic rogues paraded in the current spectrum of 'Presidential aspirants' are not good for us. I think GEJ should be giving a chance as he is there already and doing ok so far. Fuel scarcity and queues disappeared in the filling stations automatically within this short stay so far in office as President. And I think this is as evident stewardship. That means more deliverables will be achieved if he has the opportunity like those thieves before him in the Presidency. Let's not over-heat the polity unnecessarily and remain conscious of time and focus.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Goddex: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2010
Gbawe:

Even as this man is probably an AGIP Vulture , he could actually claim moral umbrage over the zoning issus. Reason? The PDP already gave Jonathan a face-saving excuse that seemed to tick all the boxes for everyone i.e Zoning remains in the PDP but Jonathan can run and , if he wins, complete the joint ticket he shared with Yar Adua.

Why did Jonathan then come out to contradict his party by stating that the Presidency is not affected by zoning? Could this not be seen as an unneccesarily inflamatory and needless remark by even those who made it possible , through sheer bullying of dissidents, for the PDP to come to the compromise it arrived at regarding zoning? Of course some folks will be angry that Jonathan's contradictory interpretation , after he had gotten what he wanted, is the hallmark of insincerity and deceit.
Even the PDP chairman Nwodo, said the same thing.
What contradiction are you talking about?

@poster
This guy is funny.
When did Nigerian politicians start quitting because issues like this.
He has been bought over by IBB, short and simple.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Mobinga: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
usbcable:

he should be called 1 more created 1 less sycophant expelled.
Gbawe has replied you

#Ribadu For President
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Charlesook(m): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
ossai sly:

BUNKUM!!!
I think it's very foolish for a man to act before he think.Nasir abubakar,if truly you are jonathan/sambo's campaigner,where was your mind about zoning before joining the campaigning training? Notable leaders said nothing like zoning,obj and your other fellow abokis,yet you guys still insist on your selfish interests.Come to think of it,PDP is not the only party here,aren't you old men put other parties into consideration? What about their ruling/zoning formula?Nasir Abubakar should be arrested for improper thinking.
@Ossai, you said it all!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by jude33084(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2010
@vicknesh; pls tell your so call Abu guy to show us the appointment letter sign by Gej or his aid.
, if he cant produce it then he's a Big DOG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram / [Mischievous Speculation] Andrew Azazi Was Killed Because Of 2015 By Presidency / Pic Of The Day. LASGIDI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.