Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . (5757 Views)

Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner / Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by jamace(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2010
He is one of the spies against GEJ. Thank God he left.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Gbawe: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2010
Goddex:

Even the PDP chairman Nwodo, said the same thing.
What contradiction are you talking about?

Nwodo? Jonathan's hired hand who is always speaking out of both sides of his mouth? That mercenary hireling will say whatever advances Jonathan's ambition !!!! That is generally what hired helps do. Nwodo is the classic mercenary flip flopper (see below). If you want to note the real stance of the PDP you only need to look at how the Party voted unanimously that the Office of the Presidency remains zoned but an exception is made for Jonathan because he is on a Northern ticket via his being VP to a Northern President i.e Yar Adua. The casual lack of integrity currently being seen in Nigeria is amazing with everyone , including Jonathan and his fans, saying what they want due to deliberate selective amnesia designed to facilitate selfish ambitions.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/13/national-08-13-2010-001.htm

Nwodo told the party faithful at Wadata Plaza, venue of the NEC meeting in Abuja that the PDP had not jettisoned the zoning arrangement for party and elective offices. Daily Sun also learnt that the PDP governors had also at their meeting on Wednesday night as well as at the expanded caucus meeting later at the Presidential Villa, canvassed the retention of zoning, while also allowing any willing aspirant to seek party’s presidential ticket.
The NEC ended at about 6.pm yesterday without a communiqué from the party’s National Working Committee (NWC).

where elective office includes that of the President:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/understanding-elected-offices.html

Understanding Elected Offices
By Ann DeLaney
Elected officials come in three levels: federal, state, and local. You have a role in determining who gets elected to all three. You can think of these officials as three tiers of a wedding cake: As you move down, each layer gets larger and larger, with more and more politicians. (See Figure 1.) The president and the vice president go on top of the cake of politicians

And the PDP NEC made it clear that zoning remains. All in all, Jonathan should accept the stance of his party and move on. Since he has chosen to contradict his Party's official position, it is understandable that some PDP members may be angry that Jonathan is interpreting his "special circumstance" waiver to mean that the Presidency is not zoned in the PDP. Knowing Jonathan he is probably preparing the excuse to try and claim two terms even as he has stated he will only serve one term.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65545:2011-ibb-atiku-kick-as-pdp-backs-jonathan&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794

The decision was taken at the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting yesterday at the party’s national headquarters, Abuja.

Although the party declared that the controversial zoning formula would remain “from the federal to state levels”, it said Jonathan “because of special circumstances”, would use the Yar’Adua/Jonathan ticket, which brought the party to power after the exit of former President Olusegun Obasanjo on May 29, 2007, for the 2011 elections.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by OmoTier1(m): 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
THAT DUDE WAS NOT A MEMBER OF GEJ CAMPAIGN RATHER HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE OVER 1000 GROUPS THAT FRONTS FOR GEJ/SAMBO. THE GUY IS NOT EEN NEAR THE MIDDLE ORDER OF GEJ CAMPAIGNERS AND HE IS TRYING TO SCORE SOME CHEAP PUBLICITY!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by meetvic: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2010
@alexleo U talk grt jare
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Comingo: 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
Wetin dem say him be, kebbi state coordinator? tiny salt in the ocean.

Anyway GEJ's government is cracking up soon, Lets see if he will sail through.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by fxmaxony(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2010
Oh! Jonathan group is happy to announce the exit of infinitesimal figure from his campaign group after announcing that fake supporters should immediately leave the boat. what a good news.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by eros(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2010
So. . . . . . . .
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by bestads(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2010
GEJ's denials so far is synonymous with nigerians in power.IBB,ABACHA and OBJ always denied reports like our NPF IGs
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by rasputinn(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2010
I'm surprised this insignificant tale is getting attention on Nland
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by jmslimx(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2010
angry i wonder why all this guys cant jst die, so that we have peace, they are all the same GEJ would be the biggest Nightmare Nigerians would ever come across, watch out,
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by citizenisb: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2010
There is a report which says the average IQ of Nigerians is 65(mental retardation is below 70).

This is true because if a rogue that supplied guns to Ijaw/Itsekiri and niger delta conflagaration and is obviously broke with the end of militancy in the Delta is offered 100 million dollars from a desperate politician who foolishly absented himself as a former head of state and gives a foolish reason that the programme was extravagant(4 days later) to give as excuse for not coming.

- We believe his words and claim Goodluck is partisan and tribalistic. Nigerians are truly dumb, for Mussolini, Hitler or stalin to come back in their democracies to contest will not have been considered in those countries but in our motherland, He is not just a contestant but a frontrunner.

SHAME ON YOU NIGERIANS, YOU ARE ALL COWARDS, AND HUNGRY ONES AT IT.

IBB AND OKAH ARE ALMOST BEING TURNED HEROES AS YOU BELIEVE THE WORDS OF HUNGRY,BRIBED JOURNALISTS STOKING YOUR RETARDED EMOTIONS. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS, CAN'T THEY THINK?

A COUNTRY DESERVES THE LEADERSHIP IT GETS
NIGERIA- THE COUNTRY OF RETARDS.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2010
funny Mallam
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by ebixy(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2010
jonathan wil still win in 2011. I dont care about all this kind of news
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by naijaway(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
Ribadu for President of Nigeria.

Ribadu begin calling PDP bluff without personal insults. Include fashola, enugu state governor, wole soyinka, me, and this abubaka guy in your team.
You (ribadu) are a better candidae and more intelligent than the guy in power now. Take advantage of PDP's fumbles and their unnecessary constitution. Lead your campaign and force goodluck to a debate then request that the election be pushed back by a year. Campaign in universities.

Go ribadu. show your independence from pdp, from goodluck, from foreigners who are not nigerians, and from your fears.
You (ribadu) can break this gridlock and show a way forward. Don't worry about pdp they will bring themselves down in this order goodluck --- babaginda -----obasanjo----anyone in between and guilty. We can move forward. Yes we should!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by oluwafemi113(m): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2010
Good bless Nigeria.
GEJ am alwaxs on ur side
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by oyinda3(f): 1:22am On Oct 11, 2010
I guess RIBADU it is for president!!!

naijaway:

Ribadu for President of Nigeria.

Ribadu begin calling PDP bluff without personal insults. Include fashola, enugu state governor, wole soyinka, me, and this abubaka guy in your team. 
You (ribadu) are a better candidae and more intelligent than the guy in power now. Take advantage of PDP's fumbles and their unnecessary constitution.  Lead your campaign and force goodluck to a debate then request that the election be pushed back by a year. Campaign in universities.

Go ribadu. show your independence from pdp, from goodluck, from foreigners who are not nigerians, and from your fears. 
You (ribadu) can break this gridlock and show a way forward. Don't worry about pdp they will bring themselves down in this order goodluck --- babaginda -----obasanjo----anyone in between and guilty.  We can move forward.  Yes we should!

GEJ sounds very suspect to me nowadays. He knew bombs were planted at the independence day celebration and he didn't cancel the event!!! what a foolish disregard for human life!!
GEJ now seem worse to me than IBB sef.

naija is just messed up. I must say.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Adanora: 8:02am On Oct 11, 2010
Abubakar is obviously nt Sane, we dont need people like him in our camp, let him go & join d losers camp
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by patani(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Truth be told, Ribadu is the best candiate amoung these men, Banbangida is out,GEJ is mesing up and he has no real grip on Nigerian, he seems weak, Lets give this Ribadu guy a chance, I believe he is more passionate about Nigeria that all of them, He may not be the best, But I beleive he has something upstairs to offer Nigerian youth and entire Nigerian nation
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by zionic(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2010
Mr Abubakar, how old are u?, how much did IBB pay u to fool urself lika dis?, urs is not an issue, REPENT!
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by crackhouse(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2010
to all the folks blasting GEJ, i wonder who y'all have in mind for the no 1 seat, IBB? i guess. then if it's so, that means y'all should get prepared for self exile cos y'all gonna reap whatever bad that comes out from it. aside GEJ other contenders are either not good enough or worse than the bomb itself or better still another time bomb waiting to explode. for now, there is no contender better than GEJ. so we better go for GEJ. think twice
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by crackhouse(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2010
I've said this before and i will keep on saying it. all the names i am seeing on nairaland that blast GEJ are strange to me. are they suppose to be IBB ROYALISTS paid to confuse people on social networks like nairaland or what?. whenever i see their statements and look at the names, to be frankly speaking i don't remember seeing such names on nairaland before now. it makes me wonder why,
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by chuqudy(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2010
Goodluck would be re-elected with or without Abubakar abi Abdusalam. Those talking about Ribadu or IBB becoming president can be likened to those talking about Ojukwu becoming president. I do not vote and I have never voted before. But this time around I will come out from my house to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. That is the only vote I will cast in this coming election. Although, I know that even without my vote, Goodluck Jonathan will win the election. There has not been any time in the history of Nigeria, where an incubent president fails an election. The president as the commander in chief has all the powers in his hands to manuever the outcome of the future elections to his favour. O no need of time wasting.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2010
All those talking about Ribadu, I laugh in french! Is it the same ribadu that was a puppet in the hands of the ruling class as EFCC chair? or is it the same ribady that made boastful comments about all govs being corrupt and having evidence on them and not doing anything? Is it the same ribadu that never lets an opportunity to make empty noise to slip by? Na hin be say una want make W'bank, IMF and all other oppressors use us play baseball when they find out we have a weak and non resolute leader. Please enough of the sentiments! Yes we want Positive change and strong leadership not some ball boy. GEJ is displaying a lot of inexperience and political naivety right now and weakness of character, I only hope he learns fast if he wishes to succeed in his quest. Meanwhile he should let IBB be as he is already winning sympathy votes for him with all the Bomb blast/okah saga. Let the electorate decide his fate for him.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Meldrick(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2010
SO WHO IS THE LOSER?

TO HELL WITH HIM, IBB AND RIBADU.

COME NEXT YEAR, GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN WILL REMAIN PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. GCFR

I DON'T GIVE A DANM ABOUT WHAT U ALL ANTI JONATHAN FEEL
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Machux2010(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Kayno-jah.
You've said it all. GEJ may not be the best but he is better than all other aspirants going by what we have seen so far. Secondly, the position he is today offers him a better chance than other better candidates like Buhari. We already know IBB and Atiku and what they can do, if you don't, dig into the archive of their stewardship in the past. What we want is good governance, this can only come when you have the right man in the helm of affairs. North, South, East or West should not be issue if we are true democrat and love Nigeria. Nigeria being a blessed country and rich country is no news to anybody but how much of these riches is spent to better the lives of poor Nigerians? Guys, there is money in this country! We ought to have gone far from where we are today. Fellow Nigerians, let us reason well, decide well and pray for this country.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by manugbo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Mobinga,

cant u see that RIBADU looks like someone that has a running NOSE grin.

Or has he gone for medical check up recently?
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by manugbo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2010
GEJ is still  better than any nothern presidential aspirant at the moment
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by revolt(m): 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
Most pro bigot jonathaners talk write like cats. Let's ask ourselvs truthfully of obj had died in office n atiku took over wouldn't everyone of us be screamin zoning now just because its fqvourin us people r blabbin. Don't forget zoning was brought forward by us. Hope after Jo ruls he won't handover to the north again.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by ud4u: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2010
Politics in Nigeria can never be straight
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2010
revolt:

Let's ask ourselvs truthfully of obj had died in office n atiku took over wouldn't everyone of us be screamin zoning now just because its fqvourin us people r blabbin. Don't forget zoning was brought forward by us. Hope after Jo ruls he won't handover to the north again.

Guy i feel you jare. I'd like for us to have a change, but we shouldnt set precedents for future disaster. PDP should have respected their zoning arrangement. All this talk going on now is because the south is at the helm of affairs. If the reverse were to be the case, all the pro johnny pple here would be screaming murder. I dont know what the constitution says about the president switching parties, but johnny should have tried to think up something. maybe some can enlighten me on what the constitution says 'bout it.
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by darne(m): 5:11am On Oct 14, 2010
Just the bigging for the wicked and heartless dude GEJ for killing those innocent Nigerians on Our 50th bday ceremony, OBJ go surely End Up Jail for the Harly Burton Scam Believe me( even if its IBB i dont mind them arraigning him),
Re: Jonathan Campaigner Quits Over President's Comment . by kabarka(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2010
Machux2010:

@Kayno-jah.
You've said it all. GEJ may not be the best but he is better than all other aspirants going by what we have seen so far. Secondly, the position he is today offers him a better chance than other better candidates like Buhari. We already know IBB and Atiku and what they can do, if you don't, dig into the archive of their stewardship in the past. What we want is good governance, this can only come when you have the right man in the helm of affairs. North, South, East or West should not be issue if we are true democrat and love Nigeria. Nigeria being a blessed country and rich country is no news to anybody but how much of these riches is spent to better the lives of poor Nigerians? Guys, there is money in this country! We ought to have gone far from where we are today. Fellow Nigerians, let us reason well, decide well and pray for this country.

@machux mail me at slybmax@yahoo.com.have important news for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cause of The Mismanagement of Africa? / ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians / El-rufai: A Nationalist Or Hypocrite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.